paintshop pro question

Thread: paintshop pro question

paintshop pro question

how do you open a file in PSP to paint?..do you still need to use that old program than converted file extensions? i dxtpsp?..i dont recall what its called..ive tried to open a few files in psp and none are the right file extension.if this doesnt make sense,,im wanting to start painting my planes.

If you have Paint Shop Pro installed you should be able to right click on a *.psp file and select "Open with ..." and the PSP.

Or you can drag the file and drop it on the PSP icon on the desktop to launch the program.

In PSP8 and maybe later the extension changed from *.psp to *.pspimage.

Reading your question again, if you want to edit an existing texture that is not a raw BMP you can open it with Martin Wrights's DXTBMP and then save it is a 24-bit BMP. Then do as I said above and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Reading your question again, if you want to edit an existing texture that is not a raw BMP you can open it with Martin Wrights's DXTBMP and then save it is a 24-bit BMP. Then do as I said above and go for it.
    thats what i was after,i talk (type) in circles at most times,,,thank you sir!

Members who have read this thread: 0