Fliegerhorst Caen German Luftwaffe WWII

Thread: Fliegerhorst Caen German Luftwaffe WWII

Ending Falaise (just must do the readme...) i will show some pictures of the next Base that is coming up "Fliegerhorst" Caen. Much bigger than Feldflugplatz Falaise and with a big AI traffic. Found many planes useble for this and made them ready for AI-traffic.
    I think i will do two versions... one early (about 1941) and one late ... the early 1944. Different types of aircraft in use for this times. All planes you see on the pictures will be in use... but in the different time versions.

And also.... you will need FranceVFR for correct displaying this scenery.

Caen from air.....

Many things to do... but you see what will come....

Greetings
    Klaus

more pictures...

JU-88 short before landing in Caen.....

and some pictures from ground...

88mm anti aircraft guns

Ok...that`all for the first time.... Some mistakes to correct on this one.... and than i will start to test it.

Greetings
    Klaus

a little bit more of AI traffic....

Greetings
    Klaus

Hello Sir,
    at first I wanted to write in german my thoughts - and they would have been in "gutem Marinedeutsch, hart und ehrlich".
    Due to the fact that here we have more anglo-american users and the site is in english I will try to do it in english:
    At first I was very disapointed you did not think to need to answer not only to my question/ request for a FS2004 version of Falaise air field.
    So I do not risk another try in this way for the new airfield.
    Do you think that the FS2004 users just are too little to answer to them?
    Do you believe that FS2004 is so old that those who would be interested in those interesting Luftwaffe stuff just have to change to another FS version?
    Would it be posible for you to take in consideration that FS2004 is still living as shows the superb works from Milton Shupe, Shessi and other excellent designers who doesn't have the feeling to "downgrade" if they do their fine creation for FS2004?
    My writing may sound some what angry or quik tempered.
    Yes I' m a bit angry.
    Yes I' m unhappy,
    I'm angry about that you did not feel the need to answer to the question I was not the only one to express the desire of your scenes to enjoy them on our good old sim version.
    I' m angry about to see how FS2004 users are treated as "poor childs".
    And I' m sorry about that FS2004 is so much ignored to have still a lot of possibilities
    A compromiss would perhaps a cooperation with an scenery designer who have or knows both FS2004 and FSX.
    Badly I do not have any knowledge about scenery design.
    I hope to a "miracle" that these scene who realy look desirable could be accessible for the old FS2004.
    With respect
    Yours
    Papi

Papi, this would have been better as a private message. Maybe Klaus doesn't have Fs2004, as indeed I no longer have it on my pc. Perhaps a good reply would be, "Papi" how come you don't have FsX as there are so many good things for FsX that you can't have in Fs2004!"

To discuss this further please pm me and keep Klaus' thread "clean".
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hello,

First of all, an apology for my bad English which is not my native language.

It is far from me to disregard the certainly existing multiplicity of users of the FS2004 or to degrade in some form.
    I use the FSX as my only flight simulator. No P3D and no FS2004.
    I certainly do not judge which versions are better or worse, but I have my experience exclusively in the FSX collected.
    Clearly, I have no idea about the creation of scenarios in FS 2004 and also no way to do there, because I do not own this simulator. Even in the FSX,
    I think my skills are very limited. The whole creation I make exclusively for private pleasure without any commercial interests in my limited free time and with much help from experts
    here in the forum, which give me helpful hints and gave earlier.
    I will gladly provide the raw data of the scenarios separately to interested users on request so that these capable users can convert possibly executable versions for the FS2004.
    Who wants to do the effort does not need my consent, but can do that as long as it continues to be freeware, which then benefits all users.
    So if you are interested in the raw data please just send me a short email after the completion and publication, then I will pack the data and send it to you.

greetings
    Klaus

Hallo Sir, Klaus,
    thank you for the answer,
    and a lot of thanks you will agree to give a willing designer your files.
    I see that as an very positive answer
    My writing was certainly also a sign of frustation that very very interesting scenes will go "under my nose"
    Especially for Falaise I have a spial feeling about.
    Perhaps some french friends rember an air show at Falaise aerodrome about 26 years ago:
    Two T-6 have been on downwind leg when suddenly the last of both turned on the back,
    we saw the pilot who tried to "pump" to avoid the crash and than the fire ball
    It was horrible !
    Than all the crowd running over the airfiled towards a little forest where the crash was
    I' m still very taken by emotion when thinking of that sad day.
    I never did know why this accident happend.
    So I think that my relation to Falaise is a bit comprehensive.
    Thank you Klaus for your answer
    With respect
    Yours
    Papi

Bravo!

This will be essential scenery for anyone with WWII Luftwaffe aircraft.

Thank you,

Bill

Looking nice Klaus, but perhaps a bit crowded . I hope my modest machine can digest this scenery!

Cheers,
    Huub

@Papi....
    i think i know what you mean. Hope that their will be someone knowing FS2004 to make this one working in FS2004.

@Huub
    the crowded airport is just for testing. AI traffic will be not so big at the end. There will be two timelines with different models in ai traffic. Till know everything is working fine on my old laptop. So i think it will work at the end without making problems.

Also Ian gave his permission to use some models from his library. Will look much better with this models (Opel Blitz and so on...) on ground.

Greetings
    Klaus

Thanks for the explanation. And that's good news, Klaus .

I see you are exploring scenery with the Kubelwagen by Bill "Lionheart" Ortis. So I assume you have the "Bücker Bestmann adventures" as well. Bill had some nice Opel models in the scenery belonging to this package. So I was wondering whether you could add a bgl file with this static models for those who own this package.
    But now you are allowed to use Ian's equally nice static model this is not necessary any more. I even think that Ian's library contains much more models.

And make sure to keep the FW190 in this scenery, as I like them

Cheers,
    Huub

Some new picture from ground with new vehicles....

88mm anti aircraft guns in position

BF-109 on ground...

Greetings
    Klaus

Didn't quite escape.
    Klaus/Papi: There are a lot of significant differences between FSX and FS9/2004/ACOF scenery. Exclude/Flatten files are completely different, transparency works differently, texture files are handled differently and the XML code used to compile airport BGLs is different, for example.

Any model compiled for FSX will not work at all in FS9. A scenery compiled for FSX will not work in FS9. While some objects can be converted (hello ModelConverterX!) without major problems, a lot of the design tools used for FSX scenery creation simply don't support FS9 - therefore you can't just change the "save as" file type in the same way you can in many cases from FSX to Prepar3D.

I've been asked many times to convert my sceneries back to FS9 and I have tried. It was easier to get them converted for and working in X-Plane than it was FS9, sorry!

(Edit: Aaargh! I want to get hold of the model file for Bill's Kubelwagen and fix that blinkin' tyre mapping!)

Ian P.

FSX scenes to FS9

Hmmm that sounds not very good,
    My knowledge about scenery design is going towards zero,
    and I have a lot of trouble with my Ju 88 A-4 project (managing the fuel consumption from different fuel tanks),
    but the challenge would interest me.
    Perhaps with a partner who will take the challenge? Shessi?
    Also my Ju 88 A needs some Luftwaffe airfields
    Yours
    Papi

Just did the upload for this scenery with two different versions. One is for ai traffic in year 1941 and the other is for ai-traffic in 1944. Both in the same upload. You can chose witch one you want to use.

Greetings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 2