Anyone here use PTA (P3D Tweak Assistant)?

Thread: Anyone here use PTA (P3D Tweak Assistant)?

Anyone here use PTA (P3D Tweak Assistant)?

I bought this a while back. Had forgotten about it, as I'd bought a new gaming rig, and never reinstalled the application. It is a cool way to modify the textures in P3D.

But I have errors, upon attempting to apply the "preset" textures selected.

If anyone can offer advice on why the errors are happening, and how to fix, I would appreciate it. Thanks. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pta.jpg   pta.jpg  

I use it. Did you do backup of P3Dv4 firstly?
    Second, are You using current profile for the latest version of PTA?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I use it. Did you do backup of P3Dv4 firstly?
    Second, are You using current profile for the latest version of PTA?
    I "thought" I had done a backup of P3Dv4. Yes, am using latest profile for PTA. Now then, IF my backup wasn't done, is it possible to fix it without a total uninstall/reinstall?

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I "thought" I had done a backup of P3Dv4. Yes, am using latest profile for PTA. Now then, IF my backup wasn't done, is it possible to fix it without a total uninstall/reinstall?

NC
    As I remember You can install Client P3D only, remove shaders manually.
    I can check my backup of orginal files also and I can send to You.

Edit: here it is (P3Dv4.3): https://www.sendspace.com/file/85fena .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I also think a simple uninstall+reinstall of the CLIENT part of P3D should be enough to solve your problem.
    You'll probably have, as an additional cleaning step, to delete the generated shaders in the c:\users\xxxxx\appdata\local\lockeed martin\Prepar3Dv4\shaders.
    Expect a black screen on subsequent sim start. Just wait without touching anything. Could take up to 30 seconds or more, but scenery WILL appear.

You guys are the best! Thank you! Will report back later today 😁 NC

Well, I went through the process of uninstalling the client; then reinstallng it. Was able to install textures from PTA preset. Looked ok. Decided to try another preset, but installed with same type of errors as my original post. I spent about three hours going through the same process, again and again, but was never able to successfully install textures with PTA again.

Way too frustrating, so I threw in the towel. Just not worth the hours of tediousness!

I will stick with FlyInside for now. NC

Ask on Avsim in PTA corner for support, Matt will help You.

Have downloaded the correct version of PTA corresponding to your P3D version ?

You must also take care to use presets for the same release...

Gérard

Yes, did all of the above, correctly. For now, just too confusing. Not cool. NC

Members who have read this thread: 1