Airpark-Dallas (F69) Revisited

Thread: Airpark-Dallas (F69) Revisited

Airpark-Dallas (F69) Revisited

This was a requested Airport for one of our members several years ago and I decided to revisit it to add some additional touches such as a better ground texture, revised T-Hangar texturing, additional homes on the airport and grass. This was a nice view of Downtown Dallas off to the left and shows the proximity to the airport. A nice little GA Airport.

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

After working with the updates and doing some short circuit flights to play around in the scenery, I'm about to release it with one caveat;

Airpark Dallas is actually located west of Hwy. 75 in West Plano, which I will refer to as "Far North Dallas", lol. Leaving Dallas and heading north up 75 you pass through Richardson and then Plano and you would be hard pressed to know when that actually happens as everything is so built up that it all looks the same. Airpark-Dallas therefore is located in a very heavily populated area and especially when taking off to the south you are heading directly into Downtown Dallas with all it's highrise buildings and homes, plus Addison Arpt, Dallas Executive Arpt, Love Field and DFW Airport all within about a 16 mile radius.

I lowered my normally full right settings to about half and removed the grass I had added to the airport in order to get into double digits, but only just (although I will say that it was still flyable and once out of the area everything goes back to normal). So I will upload what I've done and let you decide if your system can handle it or not. The grass is contained in one bgl and can easily be eliminated if you find it necessary to do so. . .normally the small amount I added wouldn't be a problem, but I found it necessary, lol.

I will continue to fly into and out of Airpark-Dallas because between Sherman and Corsicana (all in a corridor north and south of Dallas) I have a total of 6 airports that I've done that I can fly to and that are outside this "Low FPS Zone", lol.

Current System Specs:

Sounds like fun flying around the area.

Looking forward to the release.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

A minor correction: The airport is not in Plano, but Carrollton. Sorry 'bout that!

"UPLOAD COMPLETE". could be later today or tomorrow before it's available. . .all depends on how busy Rami is today.
    Last edited by falcon409; September 23rd, 2018 at 08:29. Reason: Update info.

Current System Specs:

Thank you so much, Ed. Looking forward to Airpark. Sherman, Ennis, and Airpark...The Texas Triangle!

Brian

Ed, that looks like a neat little diversion from all of the other Big Iron havens. You have much talent. Not sure if my feeble system can handle it, but, I'll give it a try. I'm still enjoying your island getaways.. Those are a pleasant respite. Terry

You know what I'll be doing once I get home from work

Thanks Ed
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Yea I live right near this Airpark, it sits right next to a home depot and a high school, so there isn't usually that much in terms of vegetation, in fact there actually isn't really any trees near the airpark, not like what it is in FSX, but none the less, great work!

A couple of years ago, Ed was nice enough to offer to model a small local airport for me. I had always been fascinated by F69 as it had stood the test of time as suburban sprawl encroached around it since the mid 1960's. Over the years developers have tried to buy the land but all have failed. There used to be a Cessna flying school based there in the 1970's and 80's, way before the surrounding land became strip malls etc.

The FBO was real nice and gave me permission to wander the airport freely to take photos (which Ed needed for the project). All the FBO said really was watch out for any aircraft coming and going.

The concrete open hangar structure was completed in 1966:

Several of the parked aircraft looked like they had been sitting for several years. Note the ivy encroaching the Davis DA-2.

It's up now. Off in a few to install it. Wonder if my "light twin" with a gross weight of about 35,000lbs can get in and out of there?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Howard Aero approved!

I took off, circled around for a bit (lost sight of the air park and had to find it), came in with the wind over the trees in the back of the shot and that's where I came to a full flaps and brakes stop after skimming the tree tops just a hair above stall speed. Plenty of runway in front of me.

This was in FSX SE and no fps issues what so ever.

Excellent work Ed! It's a keeper! Although I do think the neighbor's would have some issues with a pair of R-2800s at full throttle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm-2018-sep-24-002.jpg  

Good to hear Willy. Glad you had no FPS issues. If mine would improve about 6 or 7 fps I'd enjoy flying into there more often.

Current System Specs:

It seems to help with mine if I keep the frames locked at 25fps. Although in heavily populated areas, I still have issues at times. Happily not around the airpark though.

Icon22 Fun little airpark

Thank you, Ed... This is a neat little strip. I took a very light Manfred's C-117 into it under real time weather conditions of fog at night. That was fun. If I hadn't seen the black line outline of your scenery in the fog, I would have never found it. I can only imagine what the neighbors would think when the Super 3 starts roaring on t/o. Good job. My frame rates were usable, not stellar. No biggie, it worked fine...only stumbled on playback with multi-windows open.. Thank you for F69 and Tangier Island...Now I have another one of your gems to enjoy...........Terry

Members who have read this thread: 0