B-24 in FSX(?)
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: B-24 in FSX(?)

  1. #1

    B-24 in FSX(?)

    Hi everyone!

    I was hoping a forum search would be more friendly but I can't find it. I remember not long ago it seems there was a discussion about a fresh B-24 Liberator coming to FSX/P3D soon, I even recall a payware developer making mention they were contemplating starting work (or are already working) on such an aircraft.
    It's safe to say that I've fallen in love with the bird and was wondering if there are any other offerings besides the old Virtavia model (which looks fine but dated for sure.)
    (Also, what I would give to have A2A do an Accu-sim model like the B-17!)

    I'm wondering, overall, if anyone knows anything about a more recent B-24 in the works

    SH427
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

  2. #2
    Flight Replicas are supposed to be doing one - don't know how long you'll have to wait, but it should be worth it.

  3. #3
    I guess thats the answer I was hoping for!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

  4. #4
    Yes, it will be very much worth the wait. Knowing it is being made by Flight Replicas, it will visually be the most accurate and detailed B-24 ever seen for flight simulation.

  5. #5
    Sounds great, one of my most favorite planes!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yes, it will be very much worth the wait. Knowing it is being made by Flight Replicas, it will visually be the most accurate and detailed B-24 ever seen for flight simulation.
    Kinda kicking myself in the butt for not taking more pictures when Witchcraft flew in on Friday here in Worcester. I'd love to have a good visual record so I could help when it comes time to get modeling and textures done. After all, it is my boss' airplane
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

  7. #7
    I too think a Flight Replicas Liberator would be an incredible addition for FSX/P3D. Both the Early model and the Later model B-24's with the detail Flight Replicas does would be awesome! I personally like the Early Model Ploesti Raider airframes. They all have stories to tell....

  8. #8
    Any news from Mike from Flight Replicas?
    Is on the desk still?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  9. #9
    SOH-CM-2019 WarHorse47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Any news from Mike from Flight Replicas?
    Is on the desk still?
    No update, but still promised according to their W.I.P. page.
    -- WH

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

  10. #10
    B-24 project is very much alive. There'll be screenshots once the external model is nearing completion.

    At present, it's both the J and D models that are planned.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    B-24 project is very much alive. There'll be screenshots once the external model is nearing completion.

    At present, it's both the J and D models that are planned.
    Wow, this is very good news ! Thank You for reply Mike.



    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    B-24 project is very much alive. There'll be screenshots once the external model is nearing completion.

    At present, it's both the J and D models that are planned.
    And then you can start on the Privateer and B-24N! :::Slinks off that-a-way-===>:::::

  13. #13
    Any chance you could add a C-87 to the mix, Mike?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by c87 View Post
    Any chance you could add a C-87 to the mix, Mike?
    There certainly is, and in fact I should have mentioned it. And perhaps a PB4Y, as well, down the line. But first, the J and D have to get fully completed.

  15. #15
    Really looking forward to this bird Mike.
    Especially the often overlooked PB4Y-1 and the much maligned B24D, but I'll take whatever you come up with!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

    Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition, 11GBx2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

  16. #16

    B-24 and Privateer for FSP3D

    Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I was hoping a forum search would be more friendly but I can't find it. I remember not long ago it seems there was a discussion about a fresh B-24 Liberator coming to FSX/P3D soon, I even recall a payware developer making mention they were contemplating starting work (or are already working) on such an aircraft.
    It's safe to say that I've fallen in love with the bird and was wondering if there are any other offerings besides the old Virtavia model (which looks fine but dated for sure.)
    (Also, what I would give to have A2A do an Accu-sim model like the B-17!)

    I'm wondering, overall, if anyone knows anything about a more recent B-24 in the works

    SH427
    There is a native B-24 and Privateer in the FSX-P3D download section by A.F.Scrub

Members who have read this thread: 205

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •