B-24 in FSX(?)

Thread: B-24 in FSX(?)

B-24 in FSX(?)

Hi everyone!

I was hoping a forum search would be more friendly but I can't find it. I remember not long ago it seems there was a discussion about a fresh B-24 Liberator coming to FSX/P3D soon, I even recall a payware developer making mention they were contemplating starting work (or are already working) on such an aircraft.
    It's safe to say that I've fallen in love with the bird and was wondering if there are any other offerings besides the old Virtavia model (which looks fine but dated for sure.)
    (Also, what I would give to have A2A do an Accu-sim model like the B-17!)

I'm wondering, overall, if anyone knows anything about a more recent B-24 in the works

SH427
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Flight Replicas are supposed to be doing one - don't know how long you'll have to wait, but it should be worth it.

I guess thats the answer I was hoping for!

Yes, it will be very much worth the wait. Knowing it is being made by Flight Replicas, it will visually be the most accurate and detailed B-24 ever seen for flight simulation.

Sounds great, one of my most favorite planes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yes, it will be very much worth the wait. Knowing it is being made by Flight Replicas, it will visually be the most accurate and detailed B-24 ever seen for flight simulation.
    Kinda kicking myself in the butt for not taking more pictures when Witchcraft flew in on Friday here in Worcester. I'd love to have a good visual record so I could help when it comes time to get modeling and textures done. After all, it is my boss' airplane

I too think a Flight Replicas Liberator would be an incredible addition for FSX/P3D. Both the Early model and the Later model B-24's with the detail Flight Replicas does would be awesome! I personally like the Early Model Ploesti Raider airframes. They all have stories to tell....

Any news from Mike from Flight Replicas?
    Is on the desk still?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Any news from Mike from Flight Replicas?
    Is on the desk still?
    No update, but still promised according to their W.I.P. page.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

B-24 project is very much alive. There'll be screenshots once the external model is nearing completion.

At present, it's both the J and D models that are planned.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    B-24 project is very much alive. There'll be screenshots once the external model is nearing completion.

Wow, this is very good news ! Thank You for reply Mike.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post

And then you can start on the Privateer and B-24N! :::Slinks off that-a-way-===>:::::

Any chance you could add a C-87 to the mix, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by c87 View Post
    Any chance you could add a C-87 to the mix, Mike?
    There certainly is, and in fact I should have mentioned it. And perhaps a PB4Y, as well, down the line. But first, the J and D have to get fully completed.

Really looking forward to this bird Mike.
    Especially the often overlooked PB4Y-1 and the much maligned B24D, but I'll take whatever you come up with!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

B-24 and Privateer for FSP3D

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I was hoping a forum search would be more friendly but I can't find it. I remember not long ago it seems there was a discussion about a fresh B-24 Liberator coming to FSX/P3D soon, I even recall a payware developer making mention they were contemplating starting work (or are already working) on such an aircraft.
    It's safe to say that I've fallen in love with the bird and was wondering if there are any other offerings besides the old Virtavia model (which looks fine but dated for sure.)
    (Also, what I would give to have A2A do an Accu-sim model like the B-17!)

I'm wondering, overall, if anyone knows anything about a more recent B-24 in the works

SH427
    There is a native B-24 and Privateer in the FSX-P3D download section by A.F.Scrub

Members who have read this thread: 0