Feldflugplatz Falaise Luftwaffe WWII
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feldflugplatz Falaise Luftwaffe WWII

Feldflugplatz Falaise Luftwaffe WWII

Flying the BF-109 i did not find many airports for the German "Luftwaffe" in Normandy for the timeline of WWII. So i start to make some bases for this period and this place. First of these bases to show will be the Luftwaffe "Feldflugplatz" Falaise. It`s a base that was in use from 1941 till 1944 with fighters BF-109 and divebomber Ju-87 Stuka.

First of all.... the scenery can be used with FSX .... but best results you will get withFSX and FRANCEVFR - BASSE NORMANDIE. I did some changes to this addon on my computer (deleting many modern parts (power generators and so on)) and will write all these steps into the readme for this scenery. In normal FSX the feeling for this timeline is not very nice. I will not fly this region without this addon`s from France VFR.

Scenery will come with ai traffice from this timeline.

So here are some first WIP pictures from this "Feldflugplatz" Falaise.

Greetings
    Klaus

Some pictures from ground...

Greetings
    Klaus

Tank Platoon on a rest nearby...

Falaise Radar station nearby using the "Würzburg-Radar"

And another one from the air.....

If all will be fine i hope to post this one on weekend.

Greetings
    Klaus

Klaus, looking good, for the many here that love the Bf-109E, G and K now we have bases to operate from.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hi Klaus

That's so cool to see the "Würzburg-Radar" in a scenery project , it's the first time I've seen it .

I have a book ,

Title The Radar War: Germany's Pioneering Achievement 1904-45
    A William Kimber book
    Author David Pritchard
    Edition illustrated
    Publisher P. Stephens, 1989
    ISBN 0718307062, 9780718307066
    Length 240 pages

a wonderful read , and naturally it covers that unit , so it's nice to now see it in the FS world .

Cheers
    Karol

Falaise Lauftwaffe WW II

Hallo Klaus,
    very nice scene,
    But can it be also used in FS2004 of would you like to make an FS2004 compatible version?
    As you see friends like Shessi or Milton Supe do not forget the lot of people who still fly with this venerable old sim,
    So it would be nice from your side not to let us stand in the cold rain.
    Yours
    Papi

Sir Klaus, looks great! And like "Pappi" Vader, please don't forget those oldtimers flying FS9 .

hertzie

I have found the ideal aircraft for this scenery.................

Cheers,
    Huub

Nice one.... in next upcoming scenery "Fliegerhorst Caen" you will find this one in use

Falaise is ready now and i only must do the readme....

Greetings
    Klaus

Great scenery, Klaus. Looking forward to using it.

Didn't quite escape.
    Looking good Klaus.

Out of interest, do you have FranceVFR scenery covering the Pas de Calais region where I made my two sceneries? If so, have you tried them in it, please? It's not something I can test. Also, you might like to take a look at my DLW Objects library - my Blitz trucks are a bit higher resolution than those textures and are available if you are interested in using them.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Looking good Klaus.

Out of interest, do you have FranceVFR scenery covering the Pas de Calais region where I made my two sceneries? If so, have you tried them in it, please? It's not something I can test. Also, you might like to take a look at my DLW Objects library - my Blitz trucks are a bit higher resolution than those textures and are available if you are interested in using them.

Cheers,

Ian P.
    Hi Ian,

yes ... i`ve got most of FranceVFR. Will have a look to that scenery and then send screenshots to your hands. Will take a little time.

And thanks for your offer with the library. Will try tis too

Greetings
    Klaus

Looking good Klaus.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian,

Are your Calais region airfields still available? I couldn't find them in your "Dark corner". The only Luftwaffe fields I was able to find were Al Bardi and Al Qa’arah.

Thanks for your reply and sorry to steal your thread Klaus....

Huub

The same question i wrote to Ian two days ago with PM. Did not find these two airfields till know. Only found the library at his homepage.

Greetings
    Klaus

Huub and Klaus, you'll find Ian's Calais region airfields included in his All-in-One Scenery file Look for Q0TC (Tramecourt) and Q1CF (Caffiers) after you've downloaded and unzipped

Many thanks.... then i can do the testing he ask for.

Greetings
    Klaus

Wow

Hi Klaus, congratulations and thanks for all magnificent work.
    I have a slight suggestion: I have seen some 'Buchon', spanish Bf109 with merlin engine, post WW2, in a screen in a previous message.
    May I propose to replace them with actual Bf109, if it is possible?
    You may want to blame me for annoying comment
    Cheers

Right... that are ai traffic Buchons. Will have a look to find an replacement model BF-109.

Greetings
    Klaus

Didn't quite escape.
    Sorry. Yet another health nosedive. I haven't been around for a while- spent a significant part of this afternoon lying on the lounge floor because I couldn't get back up!

I need to update my website to add those back on individually - I'll also put on a note that they're currently incompatible with the FranceVFR mesh, as those are some rather large cliffs. Thanks for testing that for me, it's greatly appreciated.

If there is anything else that you'd like for Luftwaffe airfields, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I have a load more vehicles coming at some point - mainly general service trucks, some troop carriers and "captured" vehicles such as the Morris CS and some French vehicles. Anyone is more than welcome to use any of my objects, just please remember that have a tendency to faff with the file structures, as they currently are an absolute mess, so library names or content may change. GUIDs don't and if I replace a vehicle with a better version, like I did with the Kubelwagens and Austin K2Ys, then I'll retain the original GUID for the new equivalent model.

JFI, Lille Nord, for the Heinkel He111s, is the other one I'm looking at, but that was a taken-over RAF/BEF field, so basically RAF temporary structures anyway, just painted in Luftwaffe camo.

I'll butt out now, because this is Klaus's thread, not mine - although I can scratch Caen off my "to do" list, too! -

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian,

thank you for the generous offer to use the fantastic models of your library. So I will partially revise Falaise and also Caen, because some of the models I use are quite heavy in the frames.

FranceVFR uses a very accurate mesh, which is very realistic with the actual conditions. Hills are where they are in reality, as I noticed on my last visit to the Normandy. Based on the aerial images of today, however, there are also other differences to earlier. Partly today there are trees, where previously were free fields (runway) or factories, where previously stood nothing. In the area of ​​the airfield Caen I have just as a problem with a factory that I have to get away somehow now.

But otherwise much can be easily fixed. Wind generators, for example, are shown separately in files and can be easily hidden.

greetings
    Klaus

Didn't quite escape.
    What do you use to develop your sceneries, Klaus?

Any of the design tools should have the options for one of two types of exclude polygon - exclude polys are used to get rid of railways, roads, water, coastlines, airport backgrounds, utilities, etc. Exclusion rectangles are used to get rid of placed objects, such as specific factory models - they won't get rid of autogen, though - autogen has to be disposed of using airport background files, because, you know, ACES didn't do logic!

Oh... There are also a handful of bored looking German soldiers in my libraries somewhere and, if I ever get around to finishing it, a German style guardpost/checkpoint will be in a future update. I'll hurry that along, actually, and get it done.

Ian P.

What do you use to develop your sceneries, Klaus?

Any of the design tools should have the options for one of two types of exclude polygon - exclude polys are used to get rid of railways, roads, water, coastlines, airport backgrounds, utilities, etc. Exclusion rectangles are used to get rid of placed objects, such as specific factory models - they won't get rid of autogen, though - autogen has to be disposed of using airport background files, because, you know, ACES didn't do logic!

Oh... There are also a handful of bored looking German soldiers in my libraries somewhere and, if I ever get around to finishing it, a German style guardpost/checkpoint will be in a future update. I'll hurry that along, actually, and get it done.

Ian P.
    Ian,

i use Airport Design Editor X. And shure.... the exclusion rectangles i tried before. But in this case it did not work (till now). FranceVFR did their placement of industrial zones with different .bgl. Thats not autogen. So i think i must find the special bgl file and then deactivate it.

Your german soldgers look very good and i think i will use them to bring live to the airfields. Also i changed the uniforms of "German Ground Crew FSX" so i can use them as ground crew for the luftwaffe. Next upcomig pictures will show all this changes.

Greetings
    Klaus

Last pictures before upload will come....

Some little changes were done. Groundpersonal is activ and some little details are done now.

Greetings
    Klaus

Buchons ai traffic planes are changed to BF-109 now.

German train nearby....

Greetings
    Klaus

Looks great Klaus! I'm really looking forward to this one

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1