FSX COP3 Carrier launch problem

Thread: FSX COP3 Carrier launch problem

FSX COP3 Carrier launch problem

Built a new PC and installed FSX Acceleration and all my other stuff. Installed COP3 and it seems to be working fine, except for one thing. It will not launch a plane.

I have the bar with the flashing green light, meaning parking brake is on and cat launch is activated. But when I throttle up, all it does is move forward as normal. I can hear the "cat launch", but it just doesn't shoot the plane forward.

I do have the latest FSUIPC4 and registered. All entries are good on the plane.

Any idea's why it won't "shoot" the plane forward??

Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/signaturepics/sigpic103580_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Wow! I haven't used Rob's COP gauges since I went to FSX:SE!
    You do know that, with the right entries in a plane's model file OR the correct entries in the aircraft.cfg file, you don't need COP3 to do carrier ops, yes?

May I ask what plane this is all n?

Having said that, did you...
    Set up the global launch zone, if it's a moving carrier?
    If it's a static carrier, did you set up the launch/recovery zones correctly?
    Get all the gauges installed in the plane's panel.cfg file?
    Set the launch bar lengths correctly?

I'm sure Rob will eventually chime in with the obvious setting or gauge I missed entirely and instantly solve the whole situation.
    He's good at that...

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

It used to work in my panel .
    I could launch anywhere , aircraft carriers , normal airport runways , paddock , beach or from ordinary roads ,
    it was magnificent !

Then suddenly it stopped working ... ! .... ?

The only change that I had made was to install a later version of FSUIPC .
    I might be wrong but I suspect that the newer version of FSUIPC is the cause of the conflict that
    stopped it working .

I would love to have that function back and working .
    With COP3 , I used to be able to fly the F-111 Aardvark onto " Hardened rooftops " and do an Arrested landing ,
    then carefully and slowly turn it around and do a Catapult launch off that same rooftop ,
    it was a neat challenge and heaps of fun to do .

Cheers
    Karol

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Having said that, did you...
    Set up the global launch zone, if it's a moving carrier?
    If it's a static carrier, did you set up the launch/recovery zones correctly?
    Get all the gauges installed in the plane's panel.cfg file?
    Set the launch bar lengths correctly?

I'm sure Rob will eventually chime in with the obvious setting or gauge I missed entirely and instantly solve the whole situation.
    He's good at that...

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Yes I did. In fact, I transferred the files (cat and recovery) from my other desktop, that it works just fine on. But I also noticed the other post about the newest FSUIPC not working with COP3. Wonder if that may be the issue, since I have the latest version.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/signaturepics/sigpic103580_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Hi,

I can confirm that the now latest version of FSUIPC (V4.974) works Ok with COP3.
    Just downloaded it from Pete's website and tried it (on FSX-Accell)

(if FSUIPC would have been the culprit, I would have been alarmed for many other stuff, since many of my VSTOL addons use it too).

But since you do hear the Catapult Launch sound, your COP3 setup seems OK.
    So it does seem that FSUIPC (or SimConnect) is a problem somehow.

Check this:
    1. Open the menu Addons-FSUIPC, and verify that the FSUIPC version is V4.974.

2. In the main Modules folder, there should be a file FSUIPC4 Install.log.

Look through it, and see if it reports something missing.

Also:
    In the log, there is a line
    "" Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect: "
    Which Simconnect buildnumbers are found ??

Rob

Checking now... This is under the log for FSX:

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
    SetupPath="E:\New folder\"
    Checking version of the FSX EXE:
    ... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
    Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
    Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
    Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
    E:\New folder\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
    ... Version 4.974 found.
    Installed version is later: it is not overwritten.
    Looking for the current user's Application Data path:
    ... found as "C:\Users\Patriot\AppData\Roaming"
    Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one
    Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
    ... No FSX.CFG there
    Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
    ... No FSX.CFG there
    Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
    ... No FSX.CFG there
    Looking in "C:\Users\DefaultAppPool\AppData\Roaming"
    ... No FSX.CFG there
    Looking in "C:\Users\Patriot\AppData\Roaming"
    Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Patriot\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FS X.CFG"
    Now checking DLL.XML ...
    ... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
    ... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.
    (for FSUIPC4, without Loader)
    ... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
    Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
    ... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
    Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
    ... No FSX.CFG there
    "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
    Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
    Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
    Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
    Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
    Installed "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" okay
    Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
    Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
    Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
    Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
    Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
    Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
    Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay
    Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
    Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" okay
    Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf" okay
    Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay
    Installed "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" okay
    Installed "FSUIPC4_Loader.dll" okay
    ================================================== =========

How about my point 1 ??
    (Menu Addon-FSUIPC)
    Is there a Addon item in the menu line with FSUIPC in it ??

Because your main FSX folder appears to be named \New folder\ on your E: drive (instead of something like E:\New folder\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ or E:
    \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\)
    Is this what you intended ??

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    How about my point 1 ??
    (Menu Addon-FSUIPC)
    Is there a Addon item in the menu line with FSUIPC in it ??

Because your main FSX folder appears to be named \New folder\ on your E: drive (instead of something like E:\New folder\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ or E:
    \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\)
    Is this what you intended ??

Rob
    Yes, but not intentional when I installed it. However, in flightsim, I can check the "Addon", and FSUIPC does show up.

Edit: Could this be a problem with SimConnect or .NET Framework??

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0326 View Post
    Yes, but not intentional when I installed it. However, in flightsim, I can check the "Addon", and FSUIPC does show up.

Edit: Could this be a problem with SimConnect or .NET Framework??
    Only a problem with SimConnect (.Net isn't used by COP3) , but that means it would be corrupted somehow during the Accel install.
    Not very likely though ….

Other things you can try:

1. Have you "trusted" all gauges when you ran the aircraft with COP3 for the first time ? You can check that in the FSX.cfg file.

2. Re-check the panel.cfg file with all definitions I made in the COP3 readme.
    If OK, try installing the COP3 files from scratch instead of copying them from your other PC.

3. DO you have any aircraft addon that uses my VSTOL implementation ? Because they use the same IPC-FSUIPC functions.
    If they work OK, it means that it MUST be a gauge-location problem (ie. panel.cfg definition problem).

In all my years of support experiance with COP3 (and all my VTOL stuff), it's usually a trivial problem as in 1. and 2. (provided FSUIPC is installed correctly).

So, the reason why the Catapult launch doesn't work (given the fact that you can hear the launch sound), the problem is caused by any of the following:

1. FSX cannot find/load the xml2ipc gauge, either because of a mismatch between panel.cfg definition and gauge location.

2. FSUIPC isn't working, but since you registered it that is unlikely. Assuming that you are using other FSUIPC functions like axis calibrations.
    More over, it wouldn't show up in the Addons menu then.

3. A corrupted SimConnect.
    Not likely too, but if so: you will have problems with some other addons that directly uses SimConnect.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by COBS View Post
    It used to work in my panel .
    I could launch anywhere , aircraft carriers , normal airport runways , paddock , beach or from ordinary roads ,
    it was magnificent !

Then suddenly it stopped working ... ! .... ?

The only change that I had made was to install a later version of FSUIPC .
    I might be wrong but I suspect that the newer version of FSUIPC is the cause of the conflict that
    stopped it working .

I would love to have that function back and working .
    With COP3 , I used to be able to fly the F-111 Aardvark onto " Hardened rooftops " and do an Arrested landing ,
    then carefully and slowly turn it around and do a Catapult launch off that same rooftop ,
    it was a neat challenge and heaps of fun to do .

Cheers
    Karol
    Hi Karol,

See my comment a few posts above on FSUIPC (I tried the latest version , now V4.974).
    Are you sure FSUIPC is working correctly for other functions on FSX-SE ??
    Since if that new version was installed properly, I'm 99.9999% sure the problem wasn't caused by a new FSUIPC version.
    Because many of VTOL addons would be affected as well, and since they are widely used (also on FSX-SE) I'm sure I would have heard about such a problem.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for all the information above .

My COP3 stoppage occurred about 2 or 3 years ago .
    I have really missed your gauge .
    Later this year I will be getting a new computer and will then install COP3 and use above notes to
    ensure it functions .

Again my thanks for both the wonderful COP3 and this info .

Cheers
    Karol

Other things you can try:

1. Have you "trusted" all gauges when you ran the aircraft with COP3 for the first time ? You can check that in the FSX.cfg file.

2. Re-check the panel.cfg file with all definitions I made in the COP3 readme.
    If OK, try installing the COP3 files from scratch instead of copying them from your other PC.

3. DO you have any aircraft addon that uses my VSTOL implementation ? Because they use the same IPC-FSUIPC functions.
    If they work OK, it means that it MUST be a gauge-location problem (ie. panel.cfg definition problem).

In all my years of support experiance with COP3 (and all my VTOL stuff), it's usually a trivial problem as in 1. and 2. (provided FSUIPC is installed correctly).

Rob
    Hi Rob,

1. Yes, everything has been trusted as for FSUIPC etc.

2. Panel entries are good. Tried it with another plane from scratch. COP3 was downloaded and installed. Only the .ini's were transferred from the other PC. I also Removed those files and used the ones that came with the download.

3. Like the awesome F-35B, yes. And yes, the F-35B will go vertical. Just checked.

FSX.cfg entries trusted:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.keoarqabachtbrkbkekhenrkbn taoiqhetrhetaw=1
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/CarrierZones.GAU.nawreheqlrtoizeiiqcccqektnwenkobh trnzuhc=2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/Config.GAU.tctkiaoreawctrwkhhohkizhlbbetcchcblcitl i=2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/Sound.DLL.ouccicunqcioqwqkqaewozzucloliokrkhizwuhh =2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/SpeedControl.DLL.ruhtbekuraklntnetwleabiwakazrlozr wieurtq=2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/WindowStatus.GAU.nuwaewztquthbnnwzwanraiunieqkncik iqruwzh=2

Many thanks for trying to help me out!!

Edit: Found this inside the "WindowStatus.gau"
    TLOSS error
    SING error
    DOMAIN error
    R6029
    - This application cannot run using the active version of the Microsoft .NET Runtime
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    R6028
    - unable to initialize heap
    R6027
    - not enough space for lowio initialization
    R6026
    - not enough space for stdio initialization
    R6025
    - pure virtual function call
    R6024
    - not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
    R6019
    - unable to open console device
    R6018
    - unexpected heap error
    R6017
    - unexpected multithread lock error
    R6016
    - not enough space for thread data

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    R6009
    - not enough space for environment
    R6008
    - not enough space for arguments
    R6002
    - floating point not loaded
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ... <program name unknown> ÿÿÿÿ Û7 ÿÿÿÿ (E ÿÿÿÿ ßE ÿÿÿÿHN LN h ( ( ( ( H „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ ‚‚‚‚‚‚

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~ ÿÿÿÿ ¤P ÿÿÿÿ ] InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount ÿÿÿÿ ] ®] GetProcessWindowStation GetUserObjectInformationA GetLastActivePopup GetActiveWindow MessageBoxA user32.dll ÿÿÿÿŠf Žf Program: A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
    now be terminated.
    Buffer overrun detected! A security error of unknown cause has been detected which has
    corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely
    continue execution and must now be terminated.
    Unknown security failure detected! ÿÿÿÿ¨k ¬k ÿÿÿÿ‘m •m HH:mm:ss dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy MM/dd/yy PM AM December November October September August July June April March February January Dec Nov Oct Sep Aug Jul Jun May Apr Mar Feb Jan Saturday Friday Thursday Wednesday Tuesday Monday Sunday Sat Fri Thu Wed Tue Mon Sun ( ( ( ( ( H „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ ‚ ‚ ‚ ‚ ‚ ‚ h ( ( ( ( H „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ „ ‚‚‚‚‚‚ H ÿÿÿÿÉu Íu ÿÿÿÿÆs Ês ÿÿÿÿ”t ˜t 1#QNAN 1#INF 1#IND 1#SNAN ÿÿÿÿ {z ÿÿÿÿî{ ò{ SunMonTueWedThuFriSat JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec H à´ £ °± ÿÿÿÿ ȱ

The VSTOL code in the F35B doesn't use FSUIPC, so that's not a good reference I'm afraid.

Also, the text info you found in the WindowStatus gauge is just debug info, in case .Net isn't installed.
    Not sure though if .Net is actually used by this gauge, but I may come back to that later.

BUT:
    I'm a bit confused now as to how you installed FSX-Accel and FSUIPC.
    Which might be the culprit.

In a previous post (on FSUIPC) you copied the text from your FSUIPC install log:

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
    SetupPath="E:\New folder\"
    Checking version of the FSX EXE:
    ... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
    Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
    Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
    Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
    E:\New folder\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

Which means that FSUIPC has found your fsx.exe in folder E:\New folder\ and has installed itself in folder
    E:\New folder\Modules\

However, your fsx.cfg says:
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.keoarqabachtbrkbkekhenrkbn taoiqhetrhetaw=1
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/CarrierZones.GAU.nawreheqlrtoizeiiqcccqektnwenkobh trnzuhc=2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/Config.GAU.tctkiaoreawctrwkhhohkizhlbbetcchcblcitl i=2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/Sound.DLL.ouccicunqcioqwqkqaewozzucloliokrkhizwuhh =2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/SpeedControl.DLL.ruhtbekuraklntnetwleabiwakazrlozr wieurtq=2
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\GAUGES\COP3/WindowStatus.GAU.nuwaewztquthbnnwzwanraiunieqkncik iqruwzh=2

Have you manually changed the main FSX folder
    E:\New folder\ into
    E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games FSX\ AFTER you have installed FSX and FSUIPC ??????
    Either you are providing incoherant info, or you have messed up your FSX install by renaming the FSX main folder after installation of FSX and FSUIPC.

Rob

Hey Rob,

I saw the entries and didn't think anything about it. Now that you mentioned it, the path is wrong. Should not be in any folder other than "New Folder". Thanks for finding that section.

Will re-path the entries and let you know!!

Thanks again for the help!!

EDIT: I made a backup of the FSX.cfg and then deleted it. Built a new one and allowed what permissions it asked for. FSUIPC and all the COP3 files are showing up in the "Trusted" section. Tried to launch, no joy. Sound is there, but no acceleration.
    Last edited by Marine0326; September 21st, 2018 at 12:41.

Hey Rob,

I saw the entries and didn't think anything about it. Now that you mentioned it, the path is wrong. Should not be in any folder other than "New Folder". Thanks for finding that section.

Will re-path the entries and let you know!!

Thanks again for the help!!

EDIT: I made a backup of the FSX.cfg and then deleted it. Built a new one and allowed what permissions it asked for. FSUIPC and all the COP3 files are showing up in the "Trusted" section. Tried to launch, no joy. Sound is there, but no acceleration.
    Hmm.. very odd…..
    I'm really lost here, sorry ...

Can you please attach your panel.cfg, and the file Config.ini from your COP3 folder ?

Rob

And another thing you can try, to show if this speed control problem is related to your FSUIPC install or not:

There is a compatible IPC module interface that doesn't require FSUIPC: the one you use in Dino's F35B.
    Which you state works fine, meaning that SimConnect works fine and you already have the correct library environment.

From the folder ...\F35A\panel\rcb-gauges\, *copy* the gauge sswvtol.dll to the ..\gauges\COP3\ folder.
    Then, in your panel.cfg in Window17, replace:

gauge06=COP3/SpeedControl!xml2ipc, 0,0

by

gauge06=COP3/sswvtol!xml2ipc, 0,0

Start FSX and your aircraft.
    Do you see the green copyright line appear ??? (like in the F35B); meaning that the new gauge is trusted and loaded.
    If so, but if the catapult launch still isn't working, I can think of nothing else than a gauge definition error in your panel.cfg.
    See my previous post.

Rob

I can do that on the F-35 and let you know.

One thing to note though. It is very sporadic. After 3 or so attempts, it worked once. I was able to launch. Reloaded the sim, and 6 tries later, nothing.

Panel.cfg

[Window Titles]
    Window00=Main Panel
    Window02=GPS
    Window03=Throttle Quadrant
    Window04=TACAN RFN
    Window05=Fuel
    Window06=APU
    Window07=Electrical
    Window08=Mini Panel
    Window17=COP Control Panel
    Window18=IFLOLS
    Window19=PositionDisplay

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-1.000, 0.000, 0.000

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window00]
    file=Forward_1024.bmp
    file_1024_night=Forward_1024_night.bmp
    no_luminous=1
    size_mm=1024
    position=7
    visible=1
    ident=MAIN_PANEL

gauge00=Lear_45_XML!angle_of_attack, 16,662
    gauge01=Lear_45_XML!Clock, 34,542
    gauge02=Lear_45_XML!Compass, 829, 1
    gauge03=Lear_45_XML!PFD, 141,390
    gauge04=Lear_45_XML!yaw_indicator, 251,390
    gauge05=Lear_45_XML!EICAS, 413,391
    gauge06=Lear_45_XML!Radio, 686,563
    gauge07=Lear_45_XML!Asi, 691,393
    gauge08=Lear_45_XML!Attitude, 799,391
    gauge09=Lear_45_XML!Altimeter, 911,393
    gauge10=Lear_45_XML!annunciator_panel, 683,497
    gauge11=Lear_45_XML!autopilot, 507,294
    gauge12=Lear_45_XML!gear, 866,561
    gauge13=Lear_45_XML!pfd_mfd_swap_panel, 177,325
    gauge14=Lear_45_XML!source_select_panel, 300,294

gauge15=SimIcons1024!ATC Icon, 108,423

gauge16=SimIcons1024!GPS Icon, 86,445
    gauge17=SimIcons1024!Kneeboard Icon, 108,445

gauge18=SimIcons1024!ECU Icon, 86,467
    gauge19=SimIcons1024!Map Icon, 108,467

gauge20=SimIcons1024!Electrical Panel Icon, 86,489
    gauge21=SimIcons1024!Fuel Icon, 108,489

gauge22=SimIcons1024!Engines Icon, 86,511 // APU
    gauge23=SimIcons1024!Other Controls Icon, 108,511 // Trim
    gauge24=n_number_plaque!n_number_plaque, 245,730,57,17

gauge25=ab-gauge!Autoburners FSX, 0,0

[Window01]

[Window02]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,378
    position=8
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    window_size= 0.500
    no_luminous=1

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

[Window03]
    size_mm=339,499
    position=0
    visible=0
    ident=THROTTLE_PANEL
    no_luminous=1
    gauge00=Lear_45_XML!ECU, 0,0

//-- TRIM --------------------------------------------------
    //[Window04]
    size_mm=230,86
    position=1
    visible=0
    ident=MISC_POPUP_1
    no_luminous=1
    gauge00=Lear_45_XML!popup_trim, 0,0

//--FUEL --------------------------------------------------
    [Window05]
    size_mm=278,113
    position=2
    visible=0
    ident=FUEL_PANEL
    no_luminous=1
    gauge00=Lear_45_XML!popup_fuel, 0,0

//-- APU -------------------------------------------------
    [Window06]
    size_mm=231,85
    position=7
    visible=0
    ident=200
    no_luminous=1
    gauge00=Lear_45_XML!popup_apu, 0,0

//-- Elec -------------------------------------------------
    [Window07]
    size_mm=376,125
    position=6
    visible=0
    ident=125
    no_luminous=1
    gauge00=Lear_45_XML!popup_electrical, 0,0

[Window08]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,374
    position=6
    visible=1
    ident=MINIPANEL
    no_luminous=1
    child_3d=1
    alpha_blend=0.65
    gauge00=Lear_45_XML!PFD, 0,0
    gauge01=Lear_45_XML!eicas, 757,0

//------ TACAN --------------------------------------------------

[Window04]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    type=special
    size_mm=170,290
    windowsize_ratio=1.0
    window_pos=0.810,0.370
    visible=0
    ident=49

gauge00=RFN_CarrierGauge!Close_Subpanel, 0, 2, 18, 18, c49
    gauge01=RFN_CarrierGauge!Aircraft_Carrier_Indicato r, 0, 0, 170, 220
    gauge02=RFN_CarrierGauge!Radio_TACAN_ARN52B, 0, 222, 170, 068

//---------- COP3 Control Panel ------------

[Window17]
    size_mm=52,12
    visible=0
    window_size= 0.045,0.015
    window_pos= 0.55,0.02
    background_color=16,16,16
    ident=10080 //DO NOT CHANGE THIS VALUE
    nomenu=1
    gauge00=COP3!ControlPanel, 0,0,52,12
    gauge01=COP3/CarrierZones!dsd_carrier_zones,0,0
    gauge02=COP3/Config!config, 0,0,,, ./gauges/COP3/Config_Lear.ini
    gauge03=COP3/Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/COP3/Sound.ini
    gauge04=COP3!Arrester, 0,0
    gauge05=COP3!Catapult, 0,0
    gauge06=COP3/SpeedControl!xml2ipc, 0,0
    gauge07=COP3!SonicBoomControl, 0,0

//------------- COP3 IFOLS ----------------------

[Window18]
    size_mm=477,215
    visible=0
    window_size= 0.2,0.12
    window_pos= 0.0,0.1
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=10081 //DO NOT CHANGE THIS VALUE
    nomenu=1
    gauge00=COP3!IFLOLS, 0,0,477,215

//------------- COP3 Position Display ------------

[Window19]
    size_mm=180,110
    visible=0
    position=2
    ident=10082 //DO NOT CHANGE THIS VALUE
    nomenu=1
    background_color=16,16,16
    gauge00=COP3!PositionDisplay,5,5,170,100

[Vcockpit01]
    file=Lear_Gray.bmp
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=1
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$Lear_45

gauge00=Lear_45_XML!EICAS, 2,2,266,373
    gauge01=Lear_45_XML!popup_electrical, 2,377,376,125
    gauge02=Lear_45_XML!source_select_panel, 270,2,203,85
    gauge03=Lear_45_XML!Attitude, 270,90,108,107
    gauge04=Lear_45_XML!Altimeter, 270,199,102,102
    gauge05=Lear_45_XML!angle_of_attack, 381,90,98,98
    gauge06=Lear_45_XML!Asi, 381,191,102,102
    gauge07=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light

//-------------Gauge Carrier Operations-------------------

gauge81=RFN_CarrierGauge!TACAN_Navigation, 0, 0, 0, 0, Nav1
    gauge82=RFN_CarrierGauge!CustomCatapult, 0, 0,
    gauge83=RFN_CarrierGauge!Approach_Ctrl, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.0
    gauge84=DSD_Sound_Gauge!Sound, 0, 0,
    gauge85=COP3/WindowStatus!window_status, 0,0
    gauge86=COP3!WindowInit10080,0,0

[Vcockpit02]
    file=Lear_Gray.bmp
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=1
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$Lear_45_2

gauge00=Lear_45_XML!PFD, 2,2,265,374
    gauge01=Lear_45_XML!annunciator_panel, 2,378,335,63
    gauge02=Lear_45_XML!Compass, 2,444,83,66
    gauge03=Lear_45_XML!pfd_mfd_swap_panel, 88,444,122,56
    gauge04=Lear_45_XML!Radio, 269,2,169,198
    gauge05=Lear_45_XML!popup_trim, 269,202,230,86
    gauge06=Lear_45_XML!popup_apu, 269,291,231,85
    gauge07=Lear_45_XML!Clock, 339,378,102,103
    gauge08=Lear_45_XML!popup_apu, 269,291,231,85
    gauge09=Lear_45_XML!yaw_indicator, 443,378,44,17

[Vcockpit03]
    file=Lear_Gray.bmp
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=1
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$Lear_45_3

gauge00=Lear_45_XML!gear, 1,2,148,200
    gauge01=Lear_45_XML!autopilot, 1,204,511,85
    gauge02=Lear_45_XML!popup_fuel, 152,2,278,113

[Color]
    Day=255,255,255
    Night=223,255,255
    Luminous=246,115,119

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8192
    SIZE_Y=3200

Config_Lear.ini

[LVars]
    Lvar_00=COP_GlobalZone
    Lvar_01=COP_IFLOLSRange
    Lvar_02=COP_WaveoffDistance
    Lvar_03=COP_CatapultLaunchN1
    Lvar_04=COP_CatapultLaunchSpeed
    Lvar_05=COP_CatapultDistance
    Lvar_06=COP_ArresterDistance
    Lvar_07=COP_MinimumLandingSpeed
    Lvar_08=COP_MaximumLandingSpeed

[Floats]
    Value_00=1.
    Value_01=7.
    Value_02=0.5
    Value_03=70.
    Value_04=170.
    Value_05=300.
    Value_06=280.
    Value_07=120.
    Value_08=200.
    Value_09=0.
    Value_10=0.
    Value_11=0.
    Value_12=0.
    Value_13=0.
    Value_14=0.
    Value_15=0.
    Value_16=0.
    Value_17=0.
    Value_18=0.
    Value_19=0.
    Value_20=0.
    Value_21=0.
    Value_22=0.
    Value_23=0.
    Value_24=0.
    Value_25=0.
    Value_26=0.
    Value_27=0.
    Value_28=0.
    Value_29=0.
    Value_30=0.
    Value_31=0.
    Value_32=0.
    Value_33=0.
    Value_34=0.
    Value_35=0.
    Value_36=0.
    Value_37=0.
    Value_38=0.
    Value_39=0.
    Value_40=0.
    Value_41=0.
    Value_42=0.
    Value_43=0.
    Value_44=0.
    Value_45=0.
    Value_46=0.
    Value_47=0.
    Value_48=0.
    Value_49=0.
    Value_50=0.
    Value_51=0.
    Value_52=0.
    Value_53=0.
    Value_54=0.
    Value_55=0.
    Value_56=0.
    Value_57=0.
    Value_58=0.
    Value_59=0.
    Value_60=0.
    Value_61=0.
    Value_62=0.
    Value_63=0.
    Value_64=0.
    Value_65=0.
    Value_66=0.
    Value_67=0.
    Value_68=0.
    Value_69=0.
    Value_70=0.
    Value_71=0.
    Value_72=0.
    Value_73=0.
    Value_74=0.
    Value_75=0.
    Value_76=0.
    Value_77=0.
    Value_78=0.
    Value_79=0.
    Value_80=0.
    Value_81=0.
    Value_82=0.
    Value_83=0.
    Value_84=0.
    Value_85=0.
    Value_86=0.
    Value_87=0.
    Value_88=0.
    Value_89=0.
    Value_90=0.
    Value_91=0.
    Value_92=0.
    Value_93=0.
    Value_94=0.
    Value_95=0.
    Value_96=0.
    Value_97=0.
    Value_98=0.
    Value_99=0.

Well, I see one problem.
    The COP3 stuff is all in pop-up, 2D panels. Unless you open them manually, I don't see any way to call them, and unless they are opened, the gauges never load.

I don't know if this is correct or not. I always put the COP stuff in FS9 in the VC, s they would load automagically.

Maybe this could have a bearing on it all?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Well, I see one problem.
    The COP3 stuff is all in pop-up, 2D panels. Unless you open them manually, I don't see any way to call them, and unless they are opened, the gauges never load.

I don't know if this is correct or not. I always put the COP stuff in FS9 in the VC, s they would load automagically.

Maybe this could have a bearing on it all?
    Pat☺
    No, it doesn't.
    Window17 is auto-opened by the gauges
    gauge85=COP3/WindowStatus!window_status, 0,0
    gauge86=COP3!WindowInit10080,0,0
    in the Vcockpit01 section.

And that Window17 IS opened correctly, otherwise he wouldn't hear the catapult launch sound ..

Rob

@"Marine0326",

I don't see any problem with your panel.cfg or config_lear.ini.

But what's new is, that you state that occasionally the Catapult launch DOES work.

Which really is a mistery to me; maybe your test with the alternative IPC module (from the F35) sheds some light.

Another thing:
    I see that you also use the RFN package in your panel.cfg.
    There is a gauge named

I don't have a clue what that gauge does. Maybe there's a conflict with my COP3 Catapult.xml gauge ??

Rob

@"Marine0326",

I don't see any problem with your panel.cfg or config_lear.ini.

But what's new is, that you state that occasionally the Catapult launch DOES work.

Which really is a mistery to me; maybe your test with the alternative IPC module (from the F35) sheds some light.

Another thing:
    I see that you also use the RFN package in your panel.cfg.
    There is a gauge named

I don't have a clue what that gauge does. Maybe there's a conflict with my COP3 Catapult.xml gauge ??

Rob

Rob,

I''ll shut down (//) that "gauge82" and see what happens. My other PC runs COP3 just fine on several aircraft. On this new one, the Lear is the only I've tested to make sure all was good. I'll have to check the other PC to see if I have the RFN installed on the same COP3 planes.

Thanks again!!

Rob,

No difference or change. I even removed the whole RFN package. Still the same.

Rob,

No difference or change. I even removed the whole RFN package. Still the same.
    Have you tried my suggestion in post #16 already ( replacing the IPC module with the one from the F35) ?

Members who have read this thread: 1