Ah... Sea Furys... 3 of them!

Thread: Ah... Sea Furys... 3 of them!

Icon2 Ah... Sea Furys... 3 of them!

Provided by FlightChops Daily Vlog!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

and dreadnought won the gold race,im pretty lucky to live where i do,ive met the Sanders family several times,seen thier sea furies many times over the years at airshows and out flying over the american river canyon and over folsom lake,plus tom dewelle has a restored sea fury at my local airport,it used to be dewelles critical mass race plane..and it was restored to stock by the sanders family.cool stuff.

Yep and that big radial powering Dreadnought!

R-4360

They way it's going Reno might become the "Sea Fury Trophy Dash" - 5 of the 8 aircraft in the Gold final were Hawkers (R-4360, R-2800 and Centaurus-powered)

Miss America did move up from third to finish second but it was mostly a parade of Sea Furys

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UnlGoldFinal Lineup.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Icon22

Well those little late war single engine jobs are okay but I prefer a more manly racer.

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    They way it's going Reno might become the "Sea Fury Trophy Dash" - 5 of the 8 aircraft in the Gold final were Hawkers (R-4360, R-2800 and Centaurus-powered)
    And at least one R-3350 - as fitted to "Sawbones", my local Reno air racer. ; )

This year was the first time ever in the history of the races that one race team (Sanders Aeronautics) had as many as four aircraft competing in the final gold race (4 of the 5 Sea Furies).

Cool video from FlightChops of a P-51 debrief qualifying run! Pilot really gets tossed around!

Can you imagine VR headsets ride-along in your comfy chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Well those little late war single engine jobs are okay but I prefer a more manly racer.
    Thanks for that video. The indomitable Clay Lacy!

Cool post, TuFun. Wild logistics getting it all there and back, wow.
    Will have a Sea Fury with an R-4360, thank you.

​.

Members who have read this thread: 0