New Gotha bombers series thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Gotha bombers series thread

New revised version of 1917 Gotha G.IV Grossflugzeug

Hello Folks,
    Here is a new, revised version of the Gotha G.IV gROSSFLUGZEUG, with improved wing shapes and texture mapping,
    now allowing Martin Klein´s special, high resolution extended textures.
    Three liveries are provided: The "MoRoTaS" G.IV, as well as two G.IV´s built by Siemens Schukert Werke,
    in two different hex-lozenge liveries.
    The model will be available as soon as it is approved in the Warbirds library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=124&id=25885

As always, I will be grateful for any bug or ommission reports, which I will gladly put right as soon as possible!
    Enjoy!
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Morotas1.jpg   NewMorotas2.jpg   New SSW-1.jpg   New SSW-2.jpg   New SSW-3.jpg   New SSW-4.jpg  

"Why make it simple if you can also make it complicated?"

x2

New Gotha G.IV Grossflugzeug 1917.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: Revised and upgraded Gotha G.IV Grossflugzeug 1917 model, with improved wing shapes and texture mapping.

The model now accepts extended, high resolution textures and also has an upgraded instrument panel with lateral views, as well as upgraded authentic gauges by Martin Klein. Bomb aimer´s panel is also included.

Featured are three models: The Gotha G.IV "MoRoTaS" unit, and two Siemens-Schuckert Werke built G.IV units in two different hexagonal lozenge liveries.

The Gotha G.IV was a heavy twin-engined bomber used by the Luftstreitkräfte (Imperial German Air Service) during World War I. It was the successor to the G.II and G.III bombers, built by Gothaer Waggonfabrik in 1917, with two 267 Hp Mercedes D.IVa high-compression engines. It could carry a bombload of 1100 lb, at a maximum speed of 135 km/h (83 mph). 230 units were built.

High resolution extended textures and authentic gauges mainly by Martin Klein.

Thanks also for valuable cooperation and help from Ravenna and Kdriver.

By Stephan Scholz

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit New Gotha G.IV Grossflugzeug 1917.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hertzie

Icon22 Reply...

A-lamp,

Many thanks to all involved on yet another fine aircraft. With a good headwind, you could almost hover in one of these things. Not quite autogyro or Storch-level, but close!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hello again!

Glad you like it! Thanks for the encouraging comments.

Talking about hovering: Have you tried setting the weather to stormy?
    You will see the plane lifting off with stopped engines!

Then, to make it really exciting, set it for thunderstorm and heavy rain, and take off.
    That will really get the adrenalin going!

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

New Gotha WD-11 Torpedo bomber uploaded.

Hello Folks,
    Based on the design of the smaller WD-7, the WD-11 was the slightly smaller predecessor of the WD-14 torpedo bomber,
    powered by two 172 hp Mercedes D.III engines, with a top speed of 120 kph. As the WD-14, it carried a 1598 lb Whitehead
    torpedo. 12 units were built, and saw service in the North Sea and the Baltic.

Contrary to the tractors on the WD-7 and WD-14, this one had two pushers, and also, the fuselage didn´t have the
    superstructure on the fuselage, that contained the crew´s cockpits. Otherwise, the WD-14 was a slightly expanded, more
    powerful and almost identical copy of the WD-11. It is interesting to see how aircraft design was developing in those days.

This WD-11 is depicted with an excellent marine hex-lozenge livery by Martin Klein.

I hope I haven´t forgotten anything in the upload this time!
    Here´s the link to the upload.
    The plane will be available as soon as it´s approved in the Warbirds library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=124&id=25894

I hope you enjoy the plane. Do let me know if there are any bugs or ommissions!

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot1.jpg   Screenshot2.jpg   Screenshot3.jpg   Screenshot4.jpg   Screenshot5.jpg  

GEEZ, I can hardly keep up with you! Really nice looking work, as always.

Cheers bud .... Rick

Hello Rickyo,

Thanks!
    I´ve seen that with upgrades, things often come together in a group. Sometimes there´s a lull where
    nothing seems to come through, and suddenly it happens almost together!

There were, and still are, a number of planes being upgraded in their final stages, and as it were,
    their final stages ended up quite close together. Some others are still pending on minor issues, which
    haven´t been solved yet but are also almost finished, and so, they tend to come along in batches.

At times, with models being re-worked, it is more practical to work on a whole group, as similar items are
    treated on each at the same time. This allows for comparison of different building approaches and techniques
    which are then evaluated and decided on. Some things work on all models being re-worked, and others only on some.

Then a new idea for doing something comes up and is tried out on another model which can be upgraded too,
    and so one thing leads to another. It´s not planned beforehand - it just happens like that!

Also, people helping me are a tremendous support, checking for authenticity, helping out with different issues like
    textures, gauges, Dp files, testing, evaluating, suggesting, and a long etc., so behind the models there´s also
    always Kdriver, Ravenna and Martin Klein. Actually, the models wouldn´t be half as good if it weren´t for them!

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

CFS2 Gotha WD-11 Torpedo Bomber 1916.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: CFS2 - Gotha WD-11 reconnaissance and torpedo-bomber sea-biplane 1916

Large twin-engined reconnaissance and torpedo-bomber seaplane, predecessor of the WD-14, built by Gothaer Waggonfabrik A.G. in 1916. It was powered by two 6-cyl 172 hp Mercedes D.III engines, and had a maximum speed of 120 kph (75 mph). It could carry a 1,598 lb Whitehead torpedo, and saw service in the North Sea and the Baltic. 12 units were built.

Marine hex-lozenge textures and panel instruments by Martin Klein. Custom panel and implementation of water-touchdown sounds included.

By Stephan Scholz.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Gotha WD-11 Torpedo Bomber 1916.zip

A great sea-plane, thanks Aleatorylamp

Hello, Martin,
    ...and with your textures, that make it look even better!

The history for each plane is also appreciated. I hadn't even heard of some of them.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Library Staff
    Wait til you see the next couple of Gothas on Stephan's production line!

Hello Folks,

The next couple that Kdriver was referring to are the 1915 Gotha G.I Ursinus land-plane,
    and the Gotha G.I UWD (Ursinus Wasser Doppeldecker) floatplane.

Of the floatplane, only two prototypes were built, but the G.I UWD is of historical importance
    as the very first Gothaer Waggonfabrik design, which launched the manufacturer´s construction
    carrer for the legendary Grossflugzeug Series.

The initial floatplane prototype was underpowered and not accepted by Idflieg, but a more
    powerful land-version was requested, and 18 units were built.

Later, a second floatplane was built, a one-off unit, which was used on several missions, one
    including a bombing of Dover.

I´m still deciding on the best bombload configuration for the bombloads, but here are two
    provisional screenshots.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G1Ursinus.jpg   G1UWD.jpg  

Thank you for giving us more and more WW1 big birds.

G.I Ursinus and G.I UWD

Hello Folks,

Time for an update on the upcoming Gotha G.I planes:

I´ve just received some fantastic new textures for the Gotha G1 Ursinus and for the G1 UWD, as well as the panel.cfg, a side-view panel for the tank selector and throttle gauges, and a slanted side-view panel for one of the peculiarities of this aircraft: An outside anemometer, mounted on stilts on the top-wing leading-edge, accessible by means of the joystick hat at 10.30 o´clock position for the G1.Ursinus and 1.30 o´clock position for the G1 UWD. from Martin Klein.

Then, Kdriver has provided a great custom main panel. This panel also contains a fuel gauge, which on the real plane was also mounted externally, in front of the pilot´s cockpìt.

Here are some screenshots of the planes and the panels mentioned.

The Landplane has a bomb-box under the wing to store five 20Kg Carbonit bombs, and two more of this type were hung from the nose. Apart from these, there were eight extra internal 10 Kg Carbonit bombs.
    The Seaplane had only internal bombs, and the model can fit 18 in the Dp files.

I´m just polishing off the readmes and making sure I haven´t forgotten anything, to upload the models as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G1-1.jpg   G1-2.jpg   G1-ASI.jpg   G1-panel.jpg   G1-UWD.jpg  

Hello Folks,

I´ve just uploaded two new Gotha G.I aircraft, the Ursinus Landpland and
    the Ursinus Wasserdoppeldecker, the seaplane.

Once again, it has been the result of a collabourative effort, with invaluable
    help on the part of Ravenna, Kdriver and Martin Klein, without whose work this
    would not have been possible.

They will be available as soon as they are approved in the library:

Gotha G.I UWD Wasserdoppeldecker:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=124&id=25964

Gotha G.I Ursinus Grosskampfflugzeug
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=124&id=25963

Instrument panel description screenshots and Bombing Instruction screenshots
    are included for both models.

I think I haven´t missed anything, but in case there´s a bug or something, do let
    me know and I´ll put it right as soon as possible.

I hope you like the models.
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Lovely work Stephan. Thank you!

CFS2 Gotha G.I Ursinus Grosskampfflugzeug.zip

Description: Large, long-range reconnaissance and ground-attack and bomber biplane. The first of the Gotha "G" (Grossflugzeug) Series, designed by Oskar Ursinus and built by the Gothaer Waggonfabrik A.G. in 1915. It was powered by two Mercedes D.IIIs 172 hp engines, with a top speed of 85 mph.

Its elegant and unusual design incorporated a high fuselage, that offered excellent all-round visibility and field of fire, and also allowed a close engine positioning on the lower wing to facilitate single-engine handling. Also peculiar is the external mounting of the ASI, on stilts on the leading edge of the top wing.

Includes custom Panel by Kdriver. High-resolution textures and panel.cfg with extra view panel windows, by Martin Klein.

Bomb aimer´s panel and model by Stephan Scholz.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Gotha G.I Ursinus Grosskampfflugzeug.zip

CFS2 Gotha G.I UWD Wasserdoppeldecker.zip

Description: The original design for the first Gotha Grossflugzeug, a large, navy reconnaissance bomber sea-biplane, designed by Oskar Ursinus and built by the Gothaer Waggonfabrik A.G. in 1916.

The first prototype was underpowered, but served as basis for a land plane version of which 18 units were built and saw service. Later, a second, more powerful seaplane prototype was built, powered by two 172 Hp Mercedes D.IIIs engines, with a top speed of 85 mph. This unit was used on several bombing missions together with other seaplanes.

Its elegant and unusual design incorporated a high fuselage, that offered excellent all-round visibility and field of fire, and also allowed a close engine positioning on the lower wing to facilitate single-engined handling. Also peculiar is the external mounting of the ASI, on stilts on the leading edge of the top wing.

Custom panel by Kdriver, and extra viewing panel windows with authentic custom gauges and high-resolution textures by Martin Klein.

Bomb aimer´s panel and model by Stephan Scholz.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Gotha G.I UWD Wasserdoppeldecker.zip

Hello Folks!
    Thanks for your enthusiastic support and cooperation!

...and thanks to Rami too, for organizing things so well!

In context with the currently undeway projects, perhaps a
    new addition to the "To Do" list now, would be in order:

How about a CFS2 upgrade for the Zeppelin Staaken "L" Giant Seaplane?

Here´s a primitive screenshot of the old FS98 model.
    Would there be interest for a good upgrade of this one?

This massive 4x267 Hp machine would perhaps attract more than one!
    If it received the green light, I´ll start a new thread for it.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Staaken L.jpg  

Thanks Aleatorylamp, waiting for this giant with great interest

Members who have read this thread: 0