Has anyone gotten MAW working in Windows 10?

Thread: Has anyone gotten MAW working in Windows 10?

Has anyone gotten MAW working in Windows 10?

Apparently Windows 10 doesn't allow the.bat file to open after the installer closes. I have tried setting compatibility to XP SP3 and "Run as Admin". This allows the installer to run, but the .bat file doesn't open. It is not a UAC issue as I have UAC off. As the title asks, has anyone been able to get it installed and if so how?

Some pertinent info (I Think) that I left out: Vanilla CFS3 is working. I set compatibility and Run as Admin as posted in an earlier thread. I have also set compatibility and Run as Admin on CFS3Config. This is also working in Vanilla CFS.

I got it working. Windows Defender was deleting "dr_cfs3maw_mm_v1.3" every time that I extracted the package. WTH does Micro$haft consider EVERY .exe file a threat?

Also instead of .bat files try to use rename such batch fíes to .cmd commamd files.

SOH-CM-2020

Icon4 Make Sure you have DX9 final Redist and Windows C++ Runtimes

ALL my installs work fine in Windows 10.

PTO, Rising Sun, Korean Theatre, MAW, MAW 1943, ETO 1.5, and my CFS3 Stock Upgrade, and Pat's CFS3 BoB.

Installing WOTR, in their toolkit were the DX9 Final Revision Redist dated 2010, and the windows C++ package - This reminded me how important the following files are:

DX9 Redist: directx_Jun2010_redist exe

C++ runtimes: vcredist_x86_2008_SP1_ATL_fix exe, vcredist_x86_2010_SP1 exe

Make sure that you have these files installed on your computer. This is important regardless of whether you are on Win 10 or whatever.

Members who have read this thread: 0