RCS North American B-25J RAF MkII FSX native - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RCS North American B-25J RAF MkII FSX native

Anyone have a problem with RPM max being only around 1800 at FULL INCREASE? Even at max MAP of 44" - I can reduce RPM, but max is only 1350 RPM. Prop levers also show 100% (FSX Steam /Windows 10). The cfg file shows:

max_rated_rpm=2600.000
    gear_reduction_ratio=1.778

Any ideas? maybe the tach gauge is wrong?

Mike, I noticed that also. I installed RCS original panel and the rpm does exceed 1800 and go to 2400. But on the panel that ships with this d/l, I also noticed about 1800 max. I even tried moving the prop levers manually in this panel..no change. In the air, prop rpm increases slightly, but not in the 2400-2800 range we're used to seeing on these engines. I remember with Dean's Recorder, the prop rpm on the ground was below 2000. In the air, it seemed to eventually get to normal. Not sure if this was modeled purposely or not..Airplane flies good though. Roy's original panel really looks authentic in this one. Caution, if you install his original panel, don't open the flight in windowed mode or you'll only see a black screen and a spinning cursor. Load in full screen and you will see a click box at the middle bottom of the page that then opens fsx window. I thought at first that FSX had crashed, it hadn't. It was waiting for the CLICK that I hadn't seen in windowed mode.. Great panel..Hope we find out about the props though.
    Last edited by simtech; September 13th, 2018 at 19:17. Reason: additional data

My rpms won't go up either, but still enjoying this a lot. Thanks again.

LouP :-)

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Mike, I noticed that also. I installed RCS original panel and the rpm does exceed 1800 and go to 2400. But on the panel that ships with this d/l, I also noticed about 1800 max. I even tried moving the prop levers manually in this panel..no change. In the air, prop rpm increases slightly, but not in the 2400-2800 range we're used to seeing on these engines. I remember with Dean's Recorder, the prop rpm on the ground was below 2000. In the air, it seemed to eventually get to normal. Not sure if this was modeled purposely or not..Airplane flies good though. Roy's original panel really looks authentic in this one. Caution, if you install his original panel, don't open the flight in windowed mode or you'll only see a black screen and a spinning cursor. Load in full screen and you will see a click box at the middle bottom of the page that then opens fsx window. I thought at first that FSX had crashed, it hadn't. It was waiting for the CLICK that I hadn't seen in windowed mode.. Great panel..Hope we find out about the props though.
    Thanks for the feedback - I meant 1400 vice 1800 in my first statement.

I agree about the original panel in the older version. I had tried it to see if it had RPM issues too, and got the "oh-oh moment" you talked about. I think mine was the FSX "do you want to use " trusted gauge thing. I noticed to late that he had a bat file that would eliminate the black screen issue supposedly.

Very sorry to hear about Roy's fall and broken neck, I hope that he will heal and feel better.

Sure wish this B-25 had a more complete virtual cockpit.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I think i found the culprit for the RPM issue.
    In the B25.cab the PROP_RPM_12.xml has a value setting (A:PROP1 RPM, rpm)
    and (A:PROP2 RPM, rpm)
    and must have (A:General eng rpm:1, RPM) and (A:General eng rpm:2, RPM)
    as settings.
    I have attached a updated file.

RPM_Patch.zip

Simply replace the B25.cab with this file

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Is that because Roy wouldn't let you publish them?? Perhaps we can ask again??
    feel free to ask him, I tried, twice, in the past.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    as settings.

RPM_Patch.zip

PERFECT! Thanks for looking at this. Works great now --

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    as settings.

RPM_Patch.zip

Postbaer61, thank you for checking this out. Works very well.

Texture aircraft

Does anyone know which squadrons are associated with these textures? I tried Googling "Moon Drop", for example, but didn't learn anything.

Bill

Thanks for this! Outstanding work and the fix works great....

It looks like this wonderful add-on may not work in FSX-SE. Roy says in the installation instructions that the auto-installer is the only way to use his B-25. SE, as you may know, has a couple of other steps in the installation sequence due to the SE file structure. I can get everything to install except the gauges.

hello
    Thanks for this! Outstanding work and the fix works great....
    Jacques

Thanks folks, for the nice comments.

@downwind
    I'm sorry to hear.
    I only have FSX ACC and P3Dv4.3 in use, so i don't know the
    special installation routine and structure from FSX SE.
    If i understand you right, is there a working FSX SE version by Roy Chaffin.
    Why don't you use this version ?
    This new version isn't much different to the original and the original panel is also
    more complex then the new one.
    Perhaps you can try to install Roy's FSX version and replace the model and the
    texture folders against the new ones, if that makes sence for you.

Roy and I had been friends for quite some time, before he left maamsim, We lost touch for the last couple of years, as I had no time, my wife was criticall ill, and finally passed, he shared with me several of his textures. I will try to find his email address and see if he would be willing to release them. I have 8. The textures extras are the Yellow Rose, 7B,9A,nok, usa1,usa1942,and usaAfrica.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    That's because I never published any, Roy wouldn't allow me.
    I sent him two, which he included in the 'FSX' version (the ones with 7B and 9A on the tail).
    I have two more, one of the RAAF and one more of the 340th BG, but never published them.

jk4711

jk4715

Looks good in P3Dv4 as well!
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

VC needs to be finished.

At the risk of necroing this thread but see no other discussion, is there any plan to finish the VC?

I know of no VC plans, but I did get permission from Roy to do and publish repaints, so I did:

jk0689 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0741 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0800 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4106 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4308 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7524 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I know of no VC plans, but I did get permission from Roy to do and publish repaints, so I did:
    Yes I read that earlier and have had a great time flying with your liveries <3 downloaded them the other night.

Be nice if a community projected started to update this bird! It's the only one that can fly in v4+

Blue glass

I'm a little late to the party here but just installed tne B-25. I like it in P3D V4.5 and have a couple questions.

Some of the canopy glass has a bluish tint.

In the sounds department, what is all the clicks and pops all about? Any way to delete that?

Thanks for the rework Ulrich.

Butch

The lack of a 3D cockpit really blunts enthusiam for an otherwise outstanding model. The MAAM-SIM cockpit would be perfectly adequate, were it not for the contentious relationship among the creators. The sound files for both B-25 versions contains that popping engine noise. That could stand some revision, for sure. For the above reasons I don't currently have that plane cued up.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    The lack of a 3D cockpit really blunts enthusiam for an otherwise outstanding model. The MAAM-SIM cockpit would be perfectly adequate, were it not for the contentious relationship among the creators. The sound files for both B-25 versions contains that popping engine noise. That could stand some revision, for sure. For the above reasons I don't currently have that plane cued up.
    I found the two sounds that make that pop/click and backed them up:

xB25_Right_Idle.bak
    xB25_Left_EngIdle.bak

It worked for me. Engines sound better IMHO without the pop/click. Maybe there was a popcorn popper in the radio room

I'd like to do away with the blue tint in all the glass (P3D V4.5)

Navy PBJ-1

The Navy Variant of the B-25 was the PBJ-1 -no not P'butter/Jelly

here is some info on that

http://shekel.blogspot.com/2018/10/flight-of-pbj-1.html

I would liked to see a paint of the Devil Dog

Hint Hint Jankees.

Wrong nose. I was hoping for this one.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

The one in WH's post, which is operated by the SoCal Wing of the Commemorative Air Force, is the only true surviving PBJ, where as the "Devil Dog" airframe was originally manufactured as a B-25J for the USAAF and has been painted to honor Marine Squadron VMB-612.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The one in WH's post, which is operated by the SoCal Wing of the Commemorative Air Force, is the only true surviving PBJ, where as the "Devil Dog" airframe was originally manufactured as a B-25J for the USAAF and has been painted to honor Marine Squadron VMB-612.

Original or not, Devil Dog is still an absolutely stunning aircraft

Members who have read this thread: 2