Permission Policy

Thread: Permission Policy

Permission Policy

Do we have a policy with regard to uploading work that uses the work of others? I have a couple of works in the pipeline and a few repaints completed for World War One aircraft. I've emailed the creators of both aircraft. One of them has given two email addresses, neither of which are current, according to my service provider. The second creator has been emailed about a fortnight ago but has sent no reply. It is obvious that acknowledgement of the original author is necessary, but can I upload without the express permission of the original author?

My thinking is....

If you asked by email and you get email is dead back than upload with credit.

If you asked by email and the email looks to be alive wait a week than upload with credit if you get no replay back.

Just make sure that the original author isn't one of the few that have banned there works from SOH.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks Allen. I was thinking along similar lines. As a sideline, while looking for other works by the same authors in the Outhouse library, I came across a cfs1 Blackburn Kangaroo.
    Sent another email today which bounced back after a couple of minutes.

Reply...

Ravenna,

Allen's response is correct. As long as you make a good faith effort and include the original documentation, that's about all you can do under the circumstances. Thanks for asking!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Andrew,
    I've certainly run out of places to look, with the exception of one CFS1 upload by someone other than the original author. I'll ask whether he has contact details for Stephan Scholtz. If that draws a blank I'lljust upload with the original documentation, which I would have done anyway.

Well(opens mouth, changes feet) I did contact the "uploader" here in the library. It turns out that he is the author, and has kindly given me permission to use his work.

Members who have read this thread: 0