Messerschmitt Bf 109E FSX native?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messerschmitt Bf 109E FSX native?

Messerschmitt Bf 109E FSX native?

Is there a FSX native Emil out there? I'm mucking about with the old FS9/CFS3/CFS2 Aeroplane Heaven one ported over and actually, it's not that bad in FSX. The 109E in various flight sims has a long history with me going back to the early days of Combat Flight Center and I'd like to get something a bit more up to date.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

The only native one I know of is Just Flight's payware BoB ME 109, currently on sale for $15.99 US:

https://www.justflight.com/product/b...britain-me-109

It's quite decent, IMO, especially at that price, and it is FSX native. It also ports over well to P3Dv4. Just don't expect
    A2A accusim quality.

The only other one I know is A2A's old Bf109E, part of their old updated WWII Fighter collection. But it's no longer sold.
    It was not originally FSX native, but was extensively updated. Surprising to me, this ports over well to P3Dv4.

I haven't heard of any others.

-RobM

Hey Willy

The A2A Bf109 is still for sale as "Solo model" and can be found here: https://a2asimulations.com/product-category/fs2004/

This is the FS2004 version, but in the A2A forum you can find the update to Ver.1.2 and an update to make the model fully FSX native.

The update to version 1.2 can be found here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...hp?f=25&t=6280

And the FSX patch can be found here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=27&t=11065

Personally I think this model, like the AH one also, is getting a bit long in the tooth and it contains some faults, which become annoying once you have spotted them. However there are dozens of beautiful repaints available for this model. And both are better than the old cfs2/FS9 model you are currently flying.

Or you can just wait a bit as I think after the Dunkirk Spitfire and the Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (still in development), Aeroplane Heaven might be working on a new version from the Bf109 Emil (But that is currently just wishfull thinking )

Cheers,
    Huub

Wishfully thinking with you here!!

Priller

If it'd only be true!

Cees

If I recall right Messerschmitt made most Bf 109s the model G (G2 and G6 also used by Finnish Airforce 1943-). Is there any native FSX (or P3D) Bf 109Gs (payware)? I havn't found any.

As far that I know the only FSX native late BF109 model is the K version done by Flight Replicas. I understood that Mike F. is thinking about a FSX native Gustav model. But this has not yet been confirmed.

Cheers,
    Huub

I like the "E" variant best and have the updated and patched A2A version that Rob & Huub spell out. It was originally part of the WWII Fighters bundle.

I found out late last night that Just Flight does have a FSX native "Me 109" Emil with bumps and specs available as part of the Battle of Britain pack and as an individual stand alone. It's also available as in a Steam Edition although I'd go ahead and just get the regular one as those are usually a more complete package and work in Steam very nicely as well. And, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't done by Baz and the guys at Aeroplane Heaven. It does cost a little more than the A2A, but since I've already amassed a ton of paints for the AH one that should work very nicely, that's probably the way I'm going to go.

JF: https://www.justflight.com/product/b...britain-me-109

SE: https://store.steampowered.com/app/3..._Bf_109_AddOn/

Now off to see how much is in the piggy bank and find my old CFS1 personal ride 109 paint so I can re-create it for FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I like the "E" variant best and have the updated and patched A2A version that Rob & Huub spell out. It was originally part of the WWII Fighters bundle.

I thought that was probably the A2A version. The Emil's my favorite as well. Back in the CFS1 days in our online dogfighting, no one seemed to want to fly the 109s, so I started flying them and quickly learned to love them. Someone had to do it.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The only native one I know of is Just Flight's payware BoB ME 109, currently on sale for $15.99 US:

https://www.justflight.com/product/b...britain-me-109

It's quite decent, IMO, especially at that price, and it is FSX native. It also ports over well to P3Dv4. Just don't expect
    A2A accusim quality.

The only other one I know is A2A's old Bf109E, part of their old updated WWII Fighter collection. But it's no longer sold.
    It was not originally FSX native, but was extensively updated. Surprising to me, this ports over well to P3Dv4.

I haven't heard of any others.

-RobM
    My bad Rob, somehow I'd totally missed this. Sorry.

I should also mention that there's some freeware versions of the Bf 109e as well, such as the one by A.F. Scrub. You can find by searching
    for Bf 109E or maybe ME 109E on Simviation, AVsim, or the Flightsim freeware library. I've never tried any of these. Most are not native FSX.

- RobM

Thanks Rob! I just bit the bullet and bought the Just Flight one. I haven't done a test flight yet, but looking through the files ("pre-flight"), I noticed that while it is developed by AH, the texture mapping is all different than the previous versions by them. Nothing that can't be dealt with one way or another though. So far, the main issue is "where's the advertised paint kit?". Waiting to hear from JF on that one.

Just finished my first flight in the JF 109. A few small texture niggles but other than I had a time trying to figure out how to start it, I like it. Handles great in the air and give it a lot of respect on the ground type of aircraft.

A. F. Scrub did both the Bf 109G-2 and Bf 109G-6 as FSX native ... I found them on either Flightsim or Simviation.

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    A. F. Scrub did both the Bf 109G-2 and Bf 109G-6 as FSX native ... I found them on either Flightsim or Simviation.
    He also did a B version which needs some serious TLC and updating by some clever person.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

faults on my computer

"This is the FS2004 version, but in the A2A forum you can find the update to Ver.1.2 and an update to make the model fully FSX native."

"Personally I think this model, like the AH one also, is getting a bit long in the tooth and it contains some faults, which become annoying once you have spotted them."

Cheers,
    Huub

---------

On my "getting a bit long in the tooth" computer (Win 7 64 bit - GTX 760) I experience a fault that permanently grounds the airplane. The 2 forward lower quarter panel windows show no glass, a deal breaker for me. Other than that, still a great looking model.

I have not noticed any other faults in my A2A WW2 Fighters airplanes, but have not checked closely. They also still look great in my opinion.

I looked at the Just Flight offering and thought it looked good.

For what it's worth, I still fly the A2A offering to this day, and I love it. IMHO, after applying the FSX update correctly, the only thing needed was better sounds, which I found in an old freeware model.

Priller

JF BoB ME-109E Native?

I have been intrigued by this conversation, so I downloaded my JF B0B Me-109 again. What am I missing here - mine does not have a separate interior model, hence not Native?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    I have been intrigued by this conversation, so I downloaded my JF B0B Me-109 again. What am I missing here - mine does not have a separate interior model, hence not Native?

Bill
    Nope, definitely not native. Are you sure you didn't download the FS9 version? Because the one I have lying around definitely is native!

Priller

I was a Beta Tester for this product (along with the "Legendary" Wayne Tudor"). I am contacting JustFlight to see if I can get your version. Thanks!

Bill

It's part of the BoB pack!

Priller

According to the description of the stand alone Bf109E are JustFlight it is "Developed exclusively for Flight Simulator X", which in my opinion means it should be a native FSX model.

Here the link to the product: https://www.justflight.com/product/b...britain-me-109

When you want to purchase it, according to the message on the right side it is currently sold for a reduced price. But it might be wise to contact the JustFlight customer service first for a conformation the model is really FSX native.

Cheers,
    Huub

The BF109E, like its stable-mates Hurricane and Spitfire, was developed for FSX.

I bought it a week or so ago. Yes, there's an interior model and it's FSX native.

Members who have read this thread: 4