If anyone is in harm's way...

Thread: If anyone is in harm's way...

Exclamation If anyone is in harm's way...

Hey guys,

I confirmed Shadow Wolf is leaving for higher ground tomorrow. I hope and pray that all others in the path of this hurricane have already left or are making their final preparations as we speak.

Tom Clayton is also hunkered down and prepared.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I'm expecting to lose power for a few days and have to clean up branches afterwards, but nothing worse. Ted, how are you sitting?

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon9 well

I live in Hampstead, NC about 2 miles (as the crow flies) from the Atlantic and 1 mile from the Inter Coastal Water Way. The European model has used my back yard as the projected landfall spot for several days (seriously). Even if Flo turns southwest, we will bear the brunt of her force I am afraid. Scooted up to Raleigh to stay with the in-laws (hmmm maybe staying at home was the better idea). Hold no real hope for the house, just would like to be able to get back there in less than a week. We are surrounded by wetlands, streams, and swamps so spitting on the ground causes floods. Did take all my gmax and max files with me so, once I get motivated again I'll complete the planes I have.

Ted

Doesn't look good for you, even a way inland. Raleigh might be less of a problem if it curves.

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane...t-southeast-us

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Stay safe everyone.

Kev

That sounds bad Ted, I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as it looks for you, same goes for everyone else in it's path!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Been through a few Hurricanes and a Cat 3 is no joke. Please stay safe and God speed. My prayers are with you all in harms way. Remember don't ride it out. That ain't a good option. I remember Rita and sticking around was the worst idea i ever had. It scared the daylights out of me and could have easily lost our lives in that one and i lived about 4 miles inland and 3 miles from the inter-coastal canal . Stay safe.

Yikes Ted, that doesn't sound good. Hope it turns out better than expected.

Hope to hear good news from you soon, take care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22 So far...

Seems that we survived the first assault and just riding out the back side of the storm. Flooding seems like a strong threat later this week so travel will be impacted as well as the safety of those folks who live by the rivers and low lying areas. Really appreciate the thoughts and concern. Will let you folks know later this week how it all went.

Tally Ho!

Thanks for the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

What's happening Ted? Seems bad flooding still.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Hope all is well ,Ted. Regards,Scott

Flooding reports from his area are still not encouraging, although it’s hard to say from here how badly he may be affected. I hope they are both still at alternative accommodation for now, since the water is reported still high from overfilled rivers.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

From Ted

"

James, we heard that the house appears to be ok. Two routes have been opened, but still no power and limited supplies (food gas etc). So now we wait a bit. Thanks for asking.

James,. I live a fair distance from the river so we are not impacted. A little damage to the house but all in all we did well, lucky. Thanks for asking."

That's good to hear, James, thanks for sharing.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Good news, thanks for the update!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Ted got home last week but said many other people, especially the poor of course, are not so well off.

Unfortunately, equality is not for tomorrow...

Glad to know that he is back home and safe, I hope there are not too many damages and repairs for him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

He’s back

Good to hear from you again, Ted! Hope you’re not too badly disrupted.
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0