C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    I would vote for 2 installers.....have no interest at this time in E-2 but really want a C-2.

I'm with you, Henry! Need a mail delivery COD! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Nice find, surprised she was so amazed on the cat shot, she's already done that in the T-45. I got one COD flight off the boat, sitting backwards and arms/legs come flying up on the shot. Then a slow flight back to NS Mayport since the nose gear didn't retract. When the CMV-22 comes online, so much for cat shots for pax, get'em while you can!
    Got one cat shot and ride off of the Sara during workups in 1990. Had a neck injury, so my squadron, VFA-83, sent me home. Needless to say, that cat shot didn't help my neck pain, either! Straight flight to Mayport. NC

Whatever you do Dino, I'm good with. I'll be buying these as soon as they are released. Thanks for the pics, they look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Nice find, surprised she was so amazed on the cat shot, she's already done that in the T-45. I got one COD flight off the boat, sitting backwards and arms/legs come flying up on the shot. Then a slow flight back to NS Mayport since the nose gear didn't retract. When the CMV-22 comes online, so much for cat shots for pax, get'em while you can!
    Ya-buddy! I got one cat shot off Kitty Hawk back in Nov 2001 flying home from deployment. I had one of the two window seats. Facing backwards and shoved into the straps was cool and rude at the same time. I think I changed modes of transportation several times that day - started on

1. LHA-5 PELELIU
    2. CH-46E
    3. CV-63
    4. C-2
    5. Boeing 767
    6. Boeing 777
    7. Embraer EMB-120
    8. Yellow taxi cab

all in 24 hours.

These are not my screens. But I thought it would be of interest to this crowd. E2C in DCS... Not as competition to Dino's. Just as a fan of the E2C.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Indeed a great model - actually it looks better than mine!
    DCS is great, and its sea environment is far superior to FSX (and P3D) and the lighting is much better - and with the recent addition of the F/A-18 Hornet it will likely surpass FSX/P3D as the go-to platform for naval simulations.

Dino, yes, I agree (not that it's better than yours!) but this wasn't meant to be a "here's a better one" just thought these looked like photographs...so wanted to share with those interested in E2C. I'm sure yours will be fantastic!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well... I try to be objective and, truth to be told, some details are superior in the DCS model. The lighting engine does the rest ;-)

...so back to the old technology of FSX/P3D, here it is the French Navy repaint - Japan to follow in the next few days.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1323.jpg  

Stunning detail Dino. Although I have always appreciated the role of the E-2 and its derivatives, it was never on my must have list. You, however, have changed my mind.

With regards, to the DCS snapshots, I had to do a double take as they looked absolutely stunning too. However, agree with Dino, the DCS engine is leaps and bounds more detailed but it's also a limited area to fly in.

Looking forward to your release Dino. Thanks for your work and updates.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

...well, the whole world is the proper scenery at least for the C-2!

I just realized that, while I was writing the messages above, I accidentally deleted the source files of the French livery... D'OH!
    It was finished...I just hope there are no blatant mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    I just realized that, while I was writing the messages above, I accidentally deleted the source files of the French livery... D'OH!
    It was finished...I just hope there are no blatant mistakes!
    It's our fault. We took your mind off your project! NC

...well, the whole world is the proper scenery at least for the C-2!
    Exactly. Just yesterday evening, I was doing a multiplayer flight with my brother, and we were landing on the carrier Clemenceau just a few kilometers away from the coast of Corsica. Landing your new planes on there would be quite a blast ! I'm looking forward to them, Dino.

Dino, there's some C-2 interior shots in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_4mfDwiOI

French and Japanese repaints ready...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image733.jpg   Image336.jpg  

Indeed a great model - actually it looks better than mine!
    DCS is great, and its sea environment is far superior to FSX (and P3D) and the lighting is much better - and with the recent addition of the F/A-18 Hornet it will likely surpass FSX/P3D as the go-to platform for naval simulations.
    You can add Fresnel Lens/Ramp on 3D model and the final effect will be near the same .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    You can add Fresnel Lens/Ramp on 3D model and the final effect will be near the same .
    You can only do that if you have the fresnel affect the the Specular only. It doesn't look anywhere near the same. The lighting and shadow are calculated differently. It can look good. But pBR is completely different way of defining the physical attributes of light interesting with various materials.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well, my model alreasy has the fresnel ramp... thing is the lighting engine of DCS is definitely superior.
    It is not a question of PBR, or not - I have tried importing my models in DCS and they look better even without PBR: daylight/shadow contrast is better, and so are ground reflections etc... the discussion gets quite technical, and off topic...but the DCS lighting engine is definitely better IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Dino, there's some C-2 interior shots in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_4mfDwiOI
    Another great one for the C-2 with updated pit: https://youtu.be/SWIbDRBdHRo
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Nice video. As a retired mil pilot, I just have to say in that landing phase, I would want my pilot not flying (PNF) to concentrate totally on whats going on (inside/outside) and not trying to get good photo shots. You need good situational awareness. Hawkdriver

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    You can only do that if you have the fresnel affect the the Specular only. It doesn't look anywhere near the same. The lighting and shadow are calculated differently. It can look good. But pBR is completely different way of defining the physical attributes of light interesting with various materials.
    Yep but combination of this (on for example Carenado models) looks like models from DCS with his innovations (for sure, "near" only):

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yep but combination of this (on for example Carenado models) looks like models from DCS with his innovations (for sure, "near" only):

Yes, Carenado have probably the best exteriors for GA aircraft. However, they are static, and look the same...in almost all lighting. They look like they've been enameled with the finest clear coat you've ever seen. They are truly stunning! But every airplane has the same finish....other than the explicitly bare metal ones. The Specular shine is the same on every surface, and the materials use multiple Fresnel ramps and multiple custom ENVmaps for different parts of the aircraft to achieve the "look" (At least that's how it was a while back). I'm interested to see what they look like with Dynamic Reflections ON in P3D? I'm curious if it works with their aircraft? Anyone want to post a pic in another thread so that we don't hijack Dino's E2 thread? You've got me curious YoYo!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Manual is ready for download (Beta 1 version)!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sd_...zSpMXLVnaX0dUE

Nice development, I had a couple of my fellow aviators who flew these. The Willy Fudd project was one of my favorites for Milton, these look like a great follow on aircraft!

Members who have read this thread: 3