Battle of Britain Day

Thread: Battle of Britain Day

Battle of Britain Day

as were getting closer to Battle of Britain day......

here's a Do17z-3 from 9./KG 76, F1 + AT, werkenummer 2814, crashed at Rotherfield, Kent in the afternoon of september 15th 1940.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails do17z2-011.jpg   do17z2-001.jpg  
    There's only one Foute Man........

I know many more nice 2048 textures to come. Really great that Ton is back in business!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Looking forwards to their release,
    Thanks
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

was hoping to be able to show you some more screenshots, but apparantly martin wright's mgrab tool is on strike at the moment and i'm trying to figure out how other tools work. still learning
    but my cfs 3 install and screenshot tools aren't very good friends......

so here's just a glimp of another DornierDo17z from 2./KG 76 and an bf109e-4b of 9./JG 26 and a work in progress, a KG 54 Ju88a

all textures for flyable version in 2048, ai aircraft will be in 1024
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image 013.jpg   Image 012.jpg   Image 011.jpg   Image 010.jpg   Image 009.jpg   Image 006.jpg  

Image 004.jpg  

new effort, some results....

Do17z-2 U5+FS & Do17z-3 U5+GS of 8.KG 2 were shot down by Sqn Ldr Witold Urbanowicz on september 15th 1940

The same day Do17z-3 F1+BS & Do17z-3 F1+FS both crashed on their return flight after having bombed targets in London

Do17z F1+EK & Do17z F1+JK did make it back to France after the morning raid on september 15th 1940, but were forced to make a crashlanding. F1+JK was reported as being hit about 200 times.........

Do17z-3 U5+CA was shot down on september 7th 1940

Do17z-2 U5+KA came down a monthe earlier on august 13th 1940

Do17z-2 F1+FH is one of the best known aircraft to be shot down on 15th september, some gun camera footage of this aircraft being attacked can be seen at about 12 minutes 30 seconds..... https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/i...ect/1060013903. you'll see the crew preparing to bail out as the canopy was jettisoned
    it's estimated that the aircraft was rammed by Ray Holmes only 30 or 40 seconds after the spitfire turned away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image 020.jpg   Image 019.jpg   Image 018.jpg   Image 030.jpg   Image 029.jpg   Image 028.jpg  

Image 023.jpg   Image 027.jpg   Image 022.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Great to see you back in action Ton, you have been missed!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Clive, does that mean you're getting back to updating BoB maybe to include the Blitz as well?

Blog Entries
    Clive, does that mean you're getting back to updating BoB maybe to include the Blitz as well?
    Not sure yet James, there's some mods I'd like to do in WoTR but just not enough time for anything at the moment!

Is WOTR going to be quite open to mods? I think everyone into CFS3 though should get it as useful stuff for CFS3 ETO/BoB anyway. I'm assuming besides being free, CFS3 is going to be more open to all modders plus not such a complicated gane play.

Blog Entries
    Is WOTR going to be quite open to mods? I think everyone into CFS3 though should get it as useful stuff for CFS3 ETO/BoB anyway. I'm assuming besides being free, CFS3 is going to be more open to all modders plus not such a complicated gane play.
    It's not very moddable at the moment and will be hard to add new aircraft unless you can get right under the bonnet I guess. At the moment it's more interesting seeing what can be ported over into CFS3, the aircraft can be used (albeit the files need altering) and of course the scenery, buildings, vehicles and ships can all be used in CFS3.

So all in all the mods will be what WoTR can do for CFS3 rather than the other way around for a while.

That's sort of what I thought which is why it's worth getting.

Members who have read this thread: 0