Flight 19 - MTO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight 19 - MTO

Flight 19 - MTO

Somewhere in North Africa...

Rick's is jumpin' tonite

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-sep-9-002.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Ya know, the Middle East isn't too bad with winter coming on up north.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-sep-11-002.jpg  

Hey There!

Dudley and I are checking out this here B-26 in order to fly in this new junket. Already have chosen the He-111 to fly, but if we can't keep up with the flight or have some major problems. So hopefully, be taking off here soon for the new adventure in North Africa.

Holy Cow!

So many planes in the candy shop, hehe, which one am I going to fly! Sure like this one.

Headed along the coast from Alexandria, passing over El Alamein.

Note: We are having camel steaks courtesy of Willy...

Post action flight line at Mersa Matruh (HEMM). I believe that in the 1930s this was a regular stop for KLM on their flights to Jakarta.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm-2018-sep-25-001.jpg  

Howdy! OK, finally made up my mine on what to fly for this junket, Focke Wulf 190 after seeing the rest of the flight flying fighters.

Hey folks,

I just landed after catching up with Flight 19, and Gee, the local law was all other me and me bird. As I finally understood what the heck was going on, we were in some kind of a big mess concerning our landing permits. Oh well, it seem we shoud be on our way tomorrow. Here hopping. Now what in the heck should we do to our travel agent who keeps forgetting about landing permits and fees. Suggestion, have him become a wing walker, against his better judgment, Hehe no way would he get on the wing by himself, but! And then give him a nice ride thru a thunder-storm. just a wee one. Well folks see you all tomorrow.

Then, a coastal flight to Tobruk and landing at the former Regia Aeronautica airfield in the desert south of the city.

-Mike

On final into Benghazi. Great flight and the Emil is a nice flyer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm-2018-sep-28-010.jpg  

Across the Libyan coast, dodging some showers...

Hey Ther!

Here we are after landing and soon will be taking off for Tripoli.

Howdy, here we is again. hehe.

Not a bad flight from HLGD to HLLM, Tripoli. Was surprised by the lust green country near the coast and seeing towns and farms. Thought the whole bloody country was a dry desert! Well shucks, neat to learn something new every day! It sounded like there was some trouble around Tripolie, lol just wondering if our old buddy Ahmed had something to do with it. No Problem, I am sure if we get out of town before he knows that we are here there will be no problem, but with that guy who in the heck knowa. Now we will be off to DTTG and maybe a refueling stop at DT70 That Macchi sure likes to drink fuel! So, we will see you all later.

hey, here is me again.

Hehe, finished one way and now back the same way. Basic Flight 19 maneuver, Not really we are flying the route of the Operation Torch. Most pilots traded in their single engine plane and jumped in twins. This here pilot and Mr. Dudley worked our back sides off trying to make a swap with Herman, who was tough as nails during our negations, but we ended up with a B-26 with some low hours on it. I got a bridge for sale if you believe that. LOL. We all left Casablanca then after the second flight of the week we ended up at a place called Oran, Algeria. We haven't ran into our buddy Ackmed, but I will bet me bottom dollar that that bugger is around somewhere near here, oh well, not to worry. hehe

On the way to Algiers, spotted a nifty SM-79 in Luft markings. I think they were off course.

Hello everybody, hopping you are having a nice Sunday.

Flight 19 left DABC Monhamed Bouidiaf and had a nice flight to DTTB. Worst thing on the whole trip was that I couldn't find the bloody airport at first flew around trying to see the darn place, but alas, we found it and landed to see that the rest of the flight had landed and were heading to the local eatery. Boy, do I needed to get me glasses changed. hehe. Going to be R&R here for a couple of days in order to give the planes a little TLC.

Got a gig doing some operational flight testing for Lockheed's latest prototype. I've heard it's pretty fast and I do like long legs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm-2018-oct-9-001.jpg  

It was a nice day for getting up there for a light GA flight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm-2018-oct-11-002.jpg  

A bit Oops! Forgot to add information on our last flight. Darn, this growing old sucks, and if I ever meet that bugger who said these were the Golden Years I am, without a doubt, going to pop that bugger in the nose, and then we could go have a beer. hehe.

Dudley and I really enjoyed this flight, with the exception of some violent cross winds that, no kidding, blew us off of our given course. The plane handled it just great, but not me tummy. hehe. Back to the flight we left DTTF, via SPX and NBA to Dtta. Roger that, the very historical site that was the home of one of the greatest Generals of ancient times Hannibal. Carthage was destroyed by the Romans after a number of centuries of fighting to see who would rule the world. Enough Taco back to flight 19, OK Dudley, Again, we were all surprised by all of the areas close to the sea that they were just as green as Kansas during the early spring. Spent most of my time going over the ruins of Roman Carthage, which the Roman built many moons after the original Carthage was destroyed.

Here I go again, well, the history around here is just great. And being an history buff just couldn't resist blowing off. Nite all. See you all tomorrow. me think

Hello there!

I sure don't know about the rest of Flight 19, but Old Dudley and I had a fairly nice flight and we sure saw mucho water. We all left Carthage DTTS and headed for Malta LMML with an over fly of Pan. The attached picture is of our B-26 over flying the fore mention Pan. The Italians during WWII had a airbase handling a fighter group, at some date the Italians with drew the fighter back to the main land. Our next flight we will be heading North to the Island of Sicily, which over the last many centuries had been conquered by a whole bunch of country, and now the Brits, and American are thinking about doing it themselves. hehe. Nite all

Another photo on the way to Malta.

Heading out to Capri.

Here are a couple of pictures. The one showing all the rain was from the night before. LIRA to LIEE. The other one is from tonight with most of the crew on both flight. Tonight flight was from LIEE-LIEA- LIEO all are on the Island of Sardinia,

Elba as seen over the nose of the SM.79.

Members who have read this thread: 0