where did I go wrong

Thread: where did I go wrong

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

where did I go wrong

Orbx global, sca, nca, nw. Does the order of sceneries have anything to do with it? Insertion point just before addon airports.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-7_19-38-8-152.jpg  

Wow, that looks very much like a graphics card problem. Kinda like it got partially into loading the scenery and then quit or locked up. I've seen floating houses before but never anything this extreme.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Maybe a corrupt scenery.cfg or terrain.cfg.

It’s not the graphics card.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I know this is a stab in the dark but do you have the latest ORBX Libraries installed (https://orbxdirect.com/support) ? Have no idea if it would help this problem but ORBX mentions it many times in their installation instructions .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Orbx libs are up to date. I don’t think it’s a graphics card as everything else, including x-plane works well.
    this seems to have happened when I downloaded the MAIW global and continents for P3D.

can I delete the terrain and scenery cfg and will P3D rebuild them?

thanks for your help.

Bob

First of all, I would backup your prepar3d.cfg and delete it. P3D will rebuild a new one. See what happens. Then run the migration tool in FTX Central. That could fix a lot of wrong set textures and layers. Afterwards, if the issue continues, I would recomment to firstly disable your terrain.cfg to terrain.XXX and have a look after restart your P3D.
    If that doesn't help, you can uninstall your P3D version client via system manager and reinstall it, that's not very time consuming.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Make sure your MAIW scenery and land class files are in the prescribed order in your scenery menu. Also make sure you are using the correct mesh resolution for that scenery.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I had that sort of thing happen in FS9 and once in FSX but so far not in P3Dv4. Oddly enough (unrelated), when I added the current version of FSUIPC last evening, somehow my control settings (key bindings, etc) got reset to default. I got everything reset to my settings and made sure made a backup of all my overall P3Dv4 settings in case of a similar future occurrence.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Try deleting your shaders folder (can't hurt). That's corrected problems like this for me in the past. Make sure you delete the correct one. Users/Your name/App Data/Local/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/Shaders

LouP

b52bob,

I solved a similar issue a while back.

I was running into that with Seattle, Maui, and a couple of other airports.

Turns out it was an OrbX Vector issue. Try this:

Open FTX Central
    Click Settings
    Scroll down to the bottom and click Configure FTX Global Vector
    Click the Airport Elevation Corrections tab
    Click "Run Auto-configuration"

That will likely fix things.

If you still see an issue, add the problematic airport manually under "AEC is disabled for."

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    ​thanks everyone. Reinstalling the client seems to have fixed it.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    ​thanks everyone. Reinstalling the client seems to have fixed it.
    Damn, damn, damn! Spoke to soon. Everything was hunky-Dory until I redid Orbx. Now when I go to a flight the “loading scenery” sticks at 6%. I really hate to delete the installation but it’s frustrating. What is the scenery order for ftx? I have the insertion point following my first add-on scenery. I don’t have LC just global and the west coast.
    This is the last chance or I’m going XP-11 full time, do you hear that you evil computer!

Members who have read this thread: 0