Mission Fails to Load

Thread: Mission Fails to Load

Icon5 Mission Fails to Load

What else could be missing besides facilities, guns, pylons, weapons, etc.? I am back flying CFS3 after a couple of computer issues. I am using Windows 10 and a back-up program file from SPQR33.

If you get that at the beginning, it's not necessarily a mission which fails to load as I have had that with an aircraft's bad xdp file. What exactly are the circumstances?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Icon5 Mission File Fails to Load

This happens after selecting a Historic or WhatIf mission and reviewing the Mission Briefing, Overview, Waypoints, Assignments, Armament and then pushing FLY. Then I get the Error Message "Mission File Fails to Load".

This used to indicate a missing item (facility, guns, pylons, weapons, etc).

Could something else be missing?

Do you have mission builder installed? That would be one way to see what's missing; otherwise more difficult to look at the xml as a text.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Don't forget the sound config for the aircraft used in the mission, if its missing or the alias statement in the config isn't pointing to the correct folders then you can get that as well.

Another thing to check is the global layer the mission is designed to work with, what you are using it on may not be the one used when the mission was originally done.
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Members who have read this thread: 0