Is there a "Global" way to fix this?

Thread: Is there a "Global" way to fix this?

Is there a "Global" way to fix this?

I just installed the new Matrix addition of North America, from MAIW.

Now, upon startup, I get several of these. Irritating, to say the least, and I want to fix it so it stops happening. Without having to edit countless numbers of .cfg files, is there a utility that can do this automatically? Grrrr...... NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multipme.jpg  

I suggest you have a look at where the update is installed. I had something similar when an update ended up on Onedrive, which I didn't even knew I had, giving me two of the same as well.
    If that is the case, just copy the new ones to your P3D folder and delete the ones on onedrive, that should solve it.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

NC, I got this as I had started manually move all my MAIW packages over from FSX. Then, Matrix came out and I had many of those same packages already installed now, at least the AI models. You will need to go in and remove those duplicates, in v4.2 after clicking the error box many times, my P3D would CTD until I fixed the issue. I use AI Editor from a MAIW forum member: http://www.owlsnest.eu/phpatm/index....irectory=Tools. This way I can check many things on the AI models and make group adjustments to the aircraft.cfg files.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Charter Member 2015
    Hello, My suggestion: Take a copy of Airplanes folder, delete the "MFC Whidbey SAR". Restart LM P3d and see.. Delete all the ones giving an error.....You can still if needed copy your backup.
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    NC, I got this as I had started manually move all my MAIW packages over from FSX. Then, Matrix came out and I had many of those same packages already installed now, at least the AI models. You will need to go in and remove those duplicates, in v4.2 after clicking the error box many times, my P3D would CTD until I fixed the issue. I use AI Editor from a MAIW forum member: http://www.owlsnest.eu/phpatm/index....irectory=Tools. This way I can check many things on the AI models and make group adjustments to the aircraft.cfg files.

Thanks. I downloaded/installed this utility. Was hoping I would be able to use it to scan and fix the problem, using this program, but can't figure it out. NC

Did you install some MAIW scenery package and then the FSX/P3D aircraft update package? Looks like that is what happened.
    Dump both and start again testing each as you go so you know when the redundancy occured. Then remove original the non FSX/P3D model (FS9 vintage).
    Maybe take a screen shot of the Airplanes folder before installing the update so you can see what has changed.

I made myself a python program that could read all the aircraft.cfg files in my system and create a spread sheet of them, it also reported any that had invalid titles (at the time it would cause p3d to crash when you tried to save a flight, but that problem is now fixed). It would not be hard to adapt it to report all aircraft that had duplicate title strings although I I never tried to have it fix it automatically. Would something like that be useful to you?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I made myself a python program that could read all the aircraft.cfg files in my system and create a spread sheet of them, it also reported any that had invalid titles (at the time it would cause p3d to crash when you tried to save a flight, but that problem is now fixed). It would not be hard to adapt it to report all aircraft that had duplicate title strings although I I never tried to have it fix it automatically. Would something like that be useful to you?
    It would if it is something easy to use? I am not that good at anything complicated! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    It would if it is something easy to use? I am not that good at anything complicated! NC
    It would be fairly simple, you would first have to install the python runtime (available from https://www.python.org/downloads/), copy the program into a folder on your system and then double click on it to run it. It will then create two files in that same. The first would contain a spreadsheet with of all the aircraft in your system, the second would be a list of all the duplicates. I still need to modify it to do that second part but it would be simple for me to do, and I can get it to you tomorrow, PM me your email if your interested.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

When you installed Matrix, you also installed the aircraft for your regions.
    You'll find them in <Matrix installation>\Military AI Works\<Installed Region>\<Region Aircraft>.

If you already have these aircraft in your ordinary aircraft folder, you're going to get this error for each individual fltsim entry that's been duplicated.

You can either delete the whole aircraft from your main installation or from your Matrix installation.
    One of them has to go, if you don't want to individually rename every fltsim entry.

I'd be inclined to suggest that the one to go should be the one in your main aircraft directory -- unless you've got some special repaints not covered by the Matrix version.
    If you do, copy them to the Matrix version and still delete the main aircraft version.
    Reason? The Matrix version gets updated.

Dave

Life isn't meant to be easy.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0