Martin Truex Jr's team to shut down after this season !!

Thread: Martin Truex Jr's team to shut down after this season !!

Martin Truex Jr's team to shut down after this season !!

With 5 Hour Energy pulling out as his sponsor and unable to find a new one, the owner of his team will shut the whole thing down after this season. He said he would have to borrow money to keep the team going, and he won't do that. Not a good sign for NASCAR when the big name teams can't get sponsors, JJ doesn't have one for next season either.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...car/ar-BBMXzUI

It is a very Sad sign of the times... Even with a strong economy, sponsors are looking for new and more effective ways to spend their advertising dollars. I live in Denver, and Furniture Row has been a real favorite since Martin Truex got behind the wheel. Even a 'Champion' Driver with a tremendous personality to help in a sponsors marketing can't save a team if they ain't willing to sign the check and pay the bills.

Icon2

Suarez might be out of a ride in 2019 depending upon sponsorship

Define 'Strong Economy' without the 'Lies and Statistics'...........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition, 11GBx2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Suarez might be out of a ride in 2019 depending upon sponsorship

Dale Jr. agrees with me!
    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...e-gibbs-racing

Sad news for the 78 team. They work hard and they have the talent, I hope that they can find a home at JGR.
    My computer:Win XP 32 Home SP3, Q9650 @ 3.6 GHz, 4GB DDR2-800 RAM @ 800 MHz, EVGA Nvidia 560Ti-SOC-1GB

Lightbulb

Things NASCAR should have never done:
    - Changed Atlanta
    - Changed Homestead
    - Dropped Rockingham
    - Dropped Nashville
    - Dropped North Wilkesboro

I'll let y'all continue this....

Members who have read this thread: 0