Wings over the reich now available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wings over the reich now available

Wings over the reich now available

Just Popped over to the OBD website and Wings Over The Reich is now available. Go Get It Fellas

.............thinks............ I wish folks would take the time to simply copy & paste a link. No idea what OBD is here.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Link to OBD

My Apologies for anyone who doesn't know about Wings Over Flanders fields or Wings over the Reich the link to their new release is here. http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/

Of course have to get it! Downloading it as I write.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

35 bucks for two flyable airplanes? Ive forgot the flightsim addons usually are a lot more expensiver comparing to the whole game where they should be mounted.

hmm, time to get rich finally with some own made project

More to see what they have done with the CFS3 engine; if that's even relevant to WOTR any more.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    35 bucks for two flyable airplanes? Ive forgot the flightsim addons usually are a lot more expensiver comparing to the whole game where they should be mounted.

hmm, time to get rich finally with some own made project
    Interesting that looking in the aircraft folder there are playable
    Bf110C-4
    He111H2
    Do17Z
    Ju87B1
    Ju88A1
    SpitfireMk1a

playabale folders although given the WOFF/WOTR system at the moment I only see the way to actually fly 2

yeah, the site says

Detailed Player Flyable Aircraft:
    Hawker Hurricane MKI (Late)
    Messerschmitt Bf109 ‘Emil’

Detailed AI only aircraft:
    Spitfire MKIa
    Junkers Ju88 A1
    Junkers Ju87 B1
    Messerschmitt Bf 110 C4
    Dornier Do17 Z2
    Heinkel He111 H2

I believe they are all nice made. if the AI will come later as fully playable, for a tax or what else, I didnt checked.

the game WOFF/WOTR CFS3 game overhaul reminds me rFactor overhaul into Automobilista a bit. but the list of playable planes with fully made VC is incomparable in this case

Well, that was unexpected! I thought they had long way to go before release. It certainly doesn't look as finished as WOFF did when they released it. I imagine they'll be building on it more in the near future though. I'm quite curious to see what they've done behind the scenes.

Hmm...i was thinking that the reason behind it might be related with your shots lately Gecko !?!

Nope, mine aren't part of WOTR, I've only ported some things over from WOFF.

Waiting for Guinea Pigs to report/review before I pull the trigger

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    Hmm...i was thinking that the reason behind it might be related with your shots lately Gecko !?!
    I totally get what you are saying, Wiekniera! The bar that Gecko has set is very high, freeware is dangerously close to making payware redundant. Where WOTR will shine is the way they have set up additional features that are not available in MS CFS3. Looking at the aircraft xdps, they are doing new things with damage effects, and have wholeheartedly embraced the cockpit damage approach pioneered by Pat Pattle and Gecko. Immersion factor should be increased.

And hopefully, the aircraft standard will be consistent whereas we fly a range of aircraft which are up to 15 years old....

Blog Entries
    I was fortunate to be a part of the beta testing team for this, it really is very good indeed! The ai behaviour is superb, crippled bombers break formation and try to head home, enemy fighters do not always engage depending on circumstance etc. etc. Lots of new features and commands, radio chatter, wonderful clouds. The new aircraft models are excellent and have progressive damage states.

Don't think of it in terms of cfs3 as it's not the same anymore and it's not a replacement for it.

It's a lot of entertainment for the money (and yes I have also bought a copy ) and I wish the guys the very best of luck with it!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Have to agree with you Pat, its different in many ways then CFS3 and similar at the same time. I like it, but a bit disappointed in the amount of flyable ac we start with. Took a free flight without combat to check out FR's in certain areas, and over London itself was getting 40+ FPS, so thought that was great! The "Cliffs" around Dover look good too, so was pleased with that, most MS Flight sims don't do a good job in that area at all. Great detail in the cockpit, good looking Hurricane all in all. Was just testing the 303's on it, when I got a message that one of them had jammed,lol And sure enough. pulling the trigger again, and the guns on the left wing weren't working! Thought that was a great touch. I saw in the control setups, that there is a key command for trying to unjam them, but didn't see it until I ended my flight. Will give that a try next time! All in all, its pretty cool so far.

There are a few improvements in WOTR DX9 shaders and they should work for any CFS3 install as before. I guess I should make a standalone version someday.

- There are a couple bug-fixes for rare cases of game crashes.
    - There's now a reflection of cockpit interior on shiny objects (very noticeable on gauges for WOTR's 109). Actually, it is there for all cockpit objects and thus mostly prevents bright unrealistic object outlines inside the cockpit.
    - Changed some shadow quality levels, especially ShadowQuality=4 in d3d8.ini which should work faster than 5 (which is unchanged), but look almost as good.
    - A feature for Win7 and more recent versions (doesn't work on XP or Vista) is UseD3D9Ex=1. It enables the use of new drivers with better memory handling and much better Alt-TAB behavior in fullscreen mode.
    - There's also an option to replace fullscreen mode with windowed mode at any resolution WindowedMode=1 (works regardless of D3D9Ex). CFS3 had command line switches for some window sizes, but now you can use any size (just set it as fullscreen res in cfs3config), even matching your desktop res. Not sure how well it works with multi-monitor setup though.
    - Finally, there's a small tweak DoubleSidedClouds=1 which slightly improves cloud rendering in some cases, but unfortunately doesn't really solve the flicker problem.

Sounds like some nice features. The cockpit reflection feature sounds really nice. How does it handle rear view mirrors?

Mirrors are not really functional. They reflect environment and will reflect your own aircraft under certain angles, but you will not see enemies behind.
    To make it work I would need to find a relevant piece of code in cfs3.exe and patch it to enable rendering of aircrafts outside of current view. I kind of got close to it some time ago and enabled rendering of entire player's aircraft - this allowed to fix missing shadows back then and to get these cockpit reflections now. But it was mostly luck and I don't think I can do more than that.

So it will show the rear part of your own aircraft? That's great! Yeah, I figured a fully working mirror would not be possible, but adding reflections from your own aircraft is a great improvement!

So I suppose we'll still have to use the F6 key which IIRC the CFS3 BoB Hurricane has for a rear view?

Another feature I forgot to mention (and don't see mentioned anywhere) - for the first time in CFS3 engine there are working landing lights on Hurricane!
    Default key to turn on/off is CTRL+G.

It has limited usefulness for standard CFS3 because the light source should be added as specifically named object in GMAX, but only to player's aircraft. Shaders have no way to tell apart player's plane from AI and having multiple aircrafts with landing light object will break it.

Ooh, I thought that was going to be a DX11 thing. Can't wait to try it out!

gift from the cfs3 gods ,,,,,,wow wee

http://www.overflandersfields.com/store.html

wow holly molly ,,,, ive just had o tre order cfs3 discs ,,,,, from amazon ,,,upon receipt ,,,,,, i will for sure without doubt download this ww2 , the developers

of this game , are true and honest have great super track records on whats been done in years on cfs3.. its a thrill joy and gift from the gods for this to have happened ,,,,,

i will update as i get set up in weeks ,,,, re set up ,,,,,,

thank you jesus ,,,,,, cfs3 now gets and will have a great global advancement

many thanks

joshua

Quote Originally Posted by rocketred View Post
    http://www.overflandersfields.com/store.html

wow holly molly ,,,, ive just had o tre order cfs3 discs ,,,,, from amazon ,,,upon receipt ,,,,,, i will for sure without doubt download this ww2 , the developers

of this game , are true and honest have great super track records on whats been done in years on cfs3.. its a thrill joy and gift from the gods for this to have happened ,,,,,

i will update as i get set up in weeks ,,,, re set up ,,,,,,

thank you jesus ,,,,,, cfs3 now gets and will have a great global advancement

many thanks

joshua
    try http://www.old-games.com/games/simulation/6 for a download version. Much cheaper than DVDs

Members who have read this thread: 0