~ FS2002 / FS8 Screenshots Here! ~

Thread: ~ FS2002 / FS8 Screenshots Here! ~

~ FS2002 / FS8 Screenshots Here! ~

We know you're out here. Let's see what you still wring out of the good ole' sim.

Will start things off with that nice looking, decent hand-flyer by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Urs Burkhardt with sound based on Mike Hambly's cool GeeBee sound pack files. One can still capture some respectable screenshots with such goodness. Shots captured flying last evening around my main homebase these days of KAIA, Alliance, Nebraska, smack in the middle of the panhandle and 50 miles south of Chadron, the same distance east-northeast of Scottsbluff...

​.

The last two Spartan Executive shots are banking towards KAIA and the following 3-pointer, then a shot flying another FS2002 gem by sacred ground...

​.

Yannick Lavigne, Rob Young, and Fred Banting-- Your wonderful Falcon 50 still breaths in FS2002 so long as I will...

​.

~ Better Justice for a shot of Milton's Spartan Executive ~

Even after reducing my original 1920 x 1080 shots to 1280 x 720 they still look tiny after posting them to the forum. After uploading each post of shots identically, sometimes larger images show and sometimes not. Hence, let's try something else. Would have edited my original post were it not for such a small time window for us to correct/improve/elucidate/expand/refine/overwork things (delete too).

Much beh-tor

Thanks again Milton and crew for this enjoyable plane.

​.

You are welcome :-)

Yes Sir! I still have FS8 installed as well on an external drive.

EDIT: Just a few of mine ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-sep-6-001.jpg   ms-2018-sep-6-002.jpg   ms-2018-sep-6-003.jpg   ms-2018-sep-6-004.jpg   ms-2018-sep-6-005.jpg   ms-2018-sep-6-006.jpg  

ms-2018-sep-6-007.jpg   ms-2018-sep-6-008.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; September 5th, 2018 at 16:40. Reason: add pics
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Beautiful captures of fine fs planes, Milton. Thanks for reminding me about that wonderful AeroCommander cargo 500. Downloaded a copy 6 months ago but had spaced getting her installed again. Used to bush fly the socks off of that one, the scourge of Idaho USFS strips, by far my favorite plane and skins of that series.

Early this afternoon I'd hopped back into a Dash 7 and flew between KAIA and KCDR (quick hop). Grabbed several more shots, like I hadn't grabbed enough of her through the past decade and a half. :-) Fresh ones...

Banking towards Chadron

A wonderful FS model to this day.

The sole FS aircraft I still fly in the 2D cockpit: Mag 1.56x plus a "Shift-Enter" is where it's at for how I have my setup. Perfect proportional perspective for me.

"The captain has gone mad and the F.O. isn't having fun any more"

(thank you Keno, wherever you are, for that great line 15 years ago).

All good flights...

...deserve good landings.

FS8 remains enjoyable albeit mighty buggy for me in W10, way more so than with FS9. Strange, that, because it's simpler. Just older code I suppose...
    ...but they still get into the virtual air so far!

​.

Thanks for taking the time to favorably remark, Darren.

Here's my very first captured screenshot from 2002: A Saab 340 rising up with Casper Mountain looming in the background, screenshot grabbed in 2002...

So many jaggies using just a wee 11Mb onboard graphics card, though if one maneuvered the plane view just right then things tightened up significantly.

​.

​.

Nice screenshots guys I assume FS2002 had more or less the same limitations as CFS2. Or is my assumption wrong?

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Nice screenshots guys I assume FS2002 had more or less the same limitations as CFS2. Or is my assumption wrong?
    Heya Huub, thanks. ACOF and CFS2 are able to share some files, not all. Even FS98 and FS2000 can with CFS2 as well under the same limitations: some files. Very similar programs in many ways, sharing compatibilities as well as limitations. Though never using CFS2, have often seen others using files from one to the other(s) over the years. So I'd say yes- similar limitations in this and other regards.

http://simviation.com/fs_compatibility.htm

Last edited by boxcar; September 6th, 2018 at 16:40.

​.

After revisiting 25U - Memaloose in FS2004 recently, Milton & crew's Dash 7 was fired up this afternoon for a peek in FS2002.
    It was the first time visiting 25U in this sim...

Old flight sims never die. They just develop a fine patina.

​.

~ Fly - $3 - Fly ~

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet
    than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

---------------------------------- Richard Bach- "Illusions"

​.

~ High & Low ~

​.

. The FS2000 legend lives on, Jan Visser's DC-3 redone for FS2002, wearing C-47 skins by Mark Beaumont...

North Korea

South Korea

​.

In those days I was more a CFS2 person and didn't care much for FS2002. So this is more or less all new for me. I'm really surprised to see how great it actually looks. But that could of course also be due to your "screenshot" skills.

Cheers.
    Huub

FS2002 was my first new civilian flight simulator after FS98. Still hold it in higher regard than FS9 because the autogen, AI and ATC were absolutely groundbreaking back then.

Oh you bet, mr bjoern I loved it too, just not as much as 2004

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ...I'm really surprised to see how great it actually looks.
    Indeed, Huub. FS2002 is a side hobby of mine, occasionally striving to see what may still be done with it. It's actually a pleasant sim, a rather therapeutic one for me, to cause much thankfulness in all we have in FS2004, hee heeeee! That D.XXIII flies right nice like in the ole' flight sim...

If you did the skins on that Fokker then good on you, very nice! And thanks again Mr. Kazunori Ito for the fun plane. My kind of putterer.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    FS2002 was my first new civilian flight simulator after FS98. Still hold it in higher regard than FS9 because the autogen, AI and ATC were absolutely groundbreaking back then.
    For sure. The landscape textures also improved greatly compared to previous installments. Had started flightsimming with the incredibly-basic Timex-Sinclair back in the early 80s, then chased green lines across my Apple IIe screen with Sublogic's FS2 before MS bought them out. FS2002 was the very first of all the others to cause me to exclaim "Wow!" repeatedly... and every now and then it still does, amazingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    ...one of two i have left...
    ... and a nice one at that. Here's one for you, Darren...

Last edited by boxcar; September 30th, 2018 at 16:53.

​.

Grand Canyon, Grand Plane

​.

Members who have read this thread: 0