two different aircraft with only one set of m3d files???????

Thread: two different aircraft with only one set of m3d files???????

two different aircraft with only one set of m3d files???????

by default the ju88a is a tactical bomber in cfs 3. for all fs_ju88a's this was later changed to level bomber. for updated versions i'd like to make a tactical bomber version and a level bomber version. so i will need two sets of xdp files and air files and rename those files and make two entries in the aircraft cfg file, but can these two versions use the same m3d files at the same time, or do i have to make seperate standalones for the tactical bomber and the level bomber?
    There's only one Foute Man........

Nice idea, but you need different m3d files for each. You can use the same .air and aircraft.cfg files if you make further headings in the aircraft.cfg, but that doesn't solve the problem whereby each model file needs a specific name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Though, if you want them to share the same skin texture, the second m3d can be made by simply copying the original, and giving it a new name. If they are to have unique textures then you will have to do a small hex edit.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

thanks for the feedback, so in your opiniion it is possible, but it's better to use two different sets of m3d files with different texture names.

food for thought(s)

cheers!!!
    There's only one Foute Man........

Members who have read this thread: 0