Announcing the Zenith 701

Thread: Announcing the Zenith 701

Announcing the Zenith 701

Interesting plane with very good STOL characteristics. I like this kind of flying. FSX and P3Dv3-4.

he Zenith is a great little home built bush aircraft that has great visibility, low stall speed, and great rate of climb using the Rotax 912 engine. During the research process, I even got to fly a real Zenith 701 myself! I love research This model has been built to the millimeter using CAD/SolidWorks data provided by Zenith Aircraft. I doubt you will find a more accurately modeled aircraft in flight sims! On top of that, the textures have been created using next gen PBR tools for some of the most realistic textures available.
    Not only will she look accurate, but it will be real world pilot tested for accuracy to make sure she FLY's accurate to the real thing.
    Well enough marketing talk. Here is the eye candy to back it up!
    Please note that this is early screenshots. I only got her flying last night in P3D and I have a few bugs on the gauges to work out and lots of tweaking, but it gives you an idea for the level of detail that is planned for the product.
    https://www.facebook.com/Gibbageart-1253240048091646/
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is that first pic with aluminum wing taken in P3D 4.4?

Looks like PBR from x plane
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Is that first pic with aluminum wing taken in P3D 4.4?

Looks like PBR from x plane
    I think it's in FSW, but P3Dv4.4 (with PBR I suppose) incoming .

The first screenshot was taken when it was being developed for Flight Sim World with active PBR in-game rendering, prior to FSW becoming defunct. I like this shot even more (more bare metal), also taken from FSW with PBR rendering: https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...aa&oe=5C2A6869

Kevin has now been working on converting the aircraft for use in FSX and current iterations of P3D (collapsing the PBR textures/layers into FSX/current-P3D style texture formats), but will surely be able to keep the PBR effects/texture formats from FSW, in P3D, once the PBR updates come to P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The first screenshot was taken when it was being developed for Flight Sim World with active PBR in-game rendering, prior to FSW becoming defunct. I like this shot even more (more bare metal), also taken from FSW with PBR rendering: https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...aa&oe=5C2A6869

Kevin has now been working on converting the aircraft for use in FSX and current iterations of P3D (collapsing the PBR textures/layers into FSX/current-P3D style texture formats), but will surely be able to keep the PBR effects/texture formats from FSW, in P3D, once the PBR updates come to P3D.
    What a beauty! Looks I will very like this PBR option :

SOH-CM-2023
    Hasn't been one of those for FS since the one I did WAAAAYYYYY back in the FS 2000 days....
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    That is some good looking metal texture!
    Btw. I can't imagine how Vega will look well with this kind of texture, for example this :

Hope for P3Dv4.4 .

That looks great. Just as an aside, didn't Rick Piper make something similar awhile back?

Edit: I just went and looked, his (Rick Piper's) was made for FS2004. It will be nice to have an up to date version.
    Last edited by Sundog; September 3rd, 2018 at 10:57.

Author of this Zenith worked on SeaBee before also, perhaps You know this model for FSX/P3D (KCFS, now his website is down http://www.kcflightshop.com/):

Kevin Miller also did (among others)...

- The P-38 first released by FSD, later modified upon and released by Milviz, and also featured in Aerofly FS2 (different variations upon the same root model)
    - The Corsair first released by A2A/Aircraft Factory, later modified upon and released by Milviz, and also featured in Aerofly FS2 (different variations upon the same root model)
    - The Hellcat released through Vertigo Studios
    - The final elements/completion of the VEAO Simulations P-40L for FSW
    - Some of the aircraft featured in Microsoft Flight, such as the Stearman

I recall he was working on a Wildcat for FSX for a time, which then evolved into a collaboration with VEAO Simulations which was doing addons for DCS.

Yoyo,

do you know how I can get in touch with Kevin? I have fixed a few issues with the Seabee’s models that could be released as a patch. But I’d like to have a little chat with him first.

Thank you.

and by the way, very nice Zenith indeed!

A propos nothing really, here's a real world paint scheme I did for a Zenith, but in this case a 750.

Also 'translated' it for the Super Cubs package.

Kekelekou
    Yoyo,

do you know how I can get in touch with Kevin? I have fixed a few issues with the Seabee’s models that could be released as a patch. But I’d like to have a little chat with him first.

Thank you.

and by the way, very nice Zenith indeed!
    Try by Avsim:
    https://www.avsim.com/profile/175027-gibbage/

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Kevin Miller also did (among others)...
    Add to that the very fine Milviz Sabre.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I must say that I'm seriously impressed, especially with those wing skin textures; I think that's the best rendition of "oil canning" I've ever seen. Really liked the video, too; that airport setting was first rate (loved the mown grass, tractors, and other details).

I remember when the founder of Zenith - Chris Heinz - started out producing kitplanes here in Ontario many years ago, so it's good to see the firm enjoying ongoing success. Here's an amazing example of a truly tricked-out CH-701 I came across the other day...

N.

Members who have read this thread: 0