GAS Stearman Special Offer 20% Off List - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman Special Offer 20% Off List

Just purchased . As always an excellent job with the Stearman . I can now add this to a long list of GAS aircraft I own . GAS are some of my favorite aircraft and as someone else stated the Stearman is one I've flown since FS9 days and in IRL have been in the front seat during a local airshow years ago and the owner was a 70 year old ex-Navy pilot from Huntington , W Va and you could easily tell the aircraft was part of him when he was flying it . We did aerobatics and landed back at the airport on grass . The flight was one of a lifetime for sure !

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Last edited by YoYo; September 3rd, 2018 at 10:48.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Installing as I type, Thanks! Looking forward to my first flight in this gem.
    Sue
    And she's a joy to fly, as I expected!
    Last edited by Penzoil3; September 3rd, 2018 at 11:34.

My first GAS buy and I am very pleased. Nice Biplane with a good sound. Most of all I like the startup with hand crank.

I have a serious problem with a couple of planes. My elevator trim moves with throttle input. I have FSX installed and use PFC yoke and throttle console.
    The problem occurs with the Stinson L-5 and with the new release Golden Age Boeing Stearman.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Looks like the Outhouse Gang is Cavorting around the Virtual skies Nicely!! Have Fun Gang and Thanks for All Your Support!!! Best Gil

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I have a serious problem with a couple of planes. My elevator trim moves with throttle input. I have FSX installed and use PFC yoke and throttle console.
    The problem occurs with the Stinson L-5 and with the new release Golden Age Boeing Stearman.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
    I'm not familiar with the set up you have but the only way that can occur is how you have the control mapped. Go to the options menu and see how that control is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgil View Post
    Looks like the Outhouse Gang is Cavorting around the Virtual skies Nicely!! Have Fun Gang and Thanks for All Your Support!!! Best Gil
    Right you are Gil. An amazing job on this package. . .thank you for all the hard work, we appreciate it mucho!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Update Patch

I discovered a very minor texture anomaly effecting the N2S-3 and PT-17 cowl upper panel. There was a gap in the color immediately behind the exhaust heat shield in the right side edge. This patch fixes that. Hardly worth noting but it bugged me that I missed it. If you download the model after the time of this post you won't need the patch as the files have been updated at PayLoadz

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/GAS_Ster_Patch.zip

GAS Stearman at Ed's KCRS...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the set up you have but the only way that can occur is how you have the control mapped. Go to the options menu and see how that control is set up.
    That control isn't mapped at all. I will try calling Precision Flight Controls tomorrow and see if they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Tom

Paul,

One more happy user. Thank you sir.

Glenn

I discovered a very minor texture anomaly effecting the N2S-3 and PT-17 cowl upper panel. There was a gap in the color immediately behind the exhaust heat shield in the right side edge. This patch fixes that. Hardly worth noting but it bugged me that I missed it. If you download the model after the time of this post you won't need the patch as the files have been updated at PayLoadz

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/GAS_Ster_Patch.zip

I downloaded the main file yesterday at 9:30 AM CST the files size was .29MB - do I still need the patch? I have the patch, but wanted to know if re downloading from the link I got yesterday
    (4 Sept) contains this patch?

Thanks

PS - Could you please post a image of what/where this gap was before this patch - that way I could see what you noticed. Thanks
    Last edited by gray eagle; September 4th, 2018 at 11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I downloaded the main file yesterday at 9:30 AM CST the files size was .29MB - do I still need the patch? I have the patch, but wanted to know if re downloading from the link I got yesterday
    (4 Sept) contains this patch?

Thanks

PS - Could you please post a image of what/where this gap was before this patch - that way I could see what you noticed. Thanks
    If downloaded before 6:55 pm on 9/3 you will need the patch. If after that time, the files have been updated on PayLoadz so it would not be needed

Here is the issue

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails texture gap.jpg  

That control isn't mapped at all. I will try calling Precision Flight Controls tomorrow and see if they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Tom
    Spad54,

I was on the phone with Precision Flight Controls today for over an hour. They said my PFC system is working properly. However I am
    still having problems with the trim and the throttle interacting. Whenever I move the throttle, the trim starts to move. If I back off on the throttle the trim moves back in the opposite direction. It has worked perfectly a couple of times but then just quits working again.

I have a copy of your 2009 release of the Stearman and it works fine. Needless to say, I am confused as to what is happening. I am also having the same problem with the recently released Just Flight Stinson L-5. I don't have problems with any of my numerous other planes. Are new releases being done with a new S/W system?

I have had my PFC system since 2002 and don't recall ever having this problem before.

Ant thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Spad54,

I was on the phone with Precision Flight Controls today for over an hour. They said my PFC system is working properly. However I am
    still having problems with the trim and the throttle interacting. Whenever I move the throttle, the trim starts to move. If I back off on the throttle the trim moves back in the opposite direction. It has worked perfectly a couple of times but then just quits working again.

I have a copy of your 2009 release of the Stearman and it works fine. Needless to say, I am confused as to what is happening. I am also having the same problem with the recently released Just Flight Stinson L-5. I don't have problems with any of my numerous other planes. Are new releases being done with a new S/W system?

I have had my PFC system since 2002 and don't recall ever having this problem before.

Ant thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

sent you a PM

Great job guys!

I was blessed to have about 30 minutes of dual time in a Stearman several years ago, so I trundled off and recreated it. Put just about as big a smile on my face as the original experience (lacking only the cold breeze).
    Now to see what the next 100 or so hours can bring...

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Paul,

Loving my N2S-3, huge thanks!
    Nice clouds, ASCA or REX?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice clouds, ASCA or REX?
    AS16+Envtex+ASCA with cloud tweaks from PTA. The textures can sometimes be ASCA (this time, I think) or Envtex depending on the dynamic theme.

Got my copy of the Stearman! Thanks very much, outstanding!

Startup issue

I enjoy the Stearman. In P3D V3, I noticed that I can just start it up with the CTRL + E keys and not use the crank handle/Starter switch. Also, if I do use the crank handle, the animation works fine
    and it rotates and I hear the noise it generates okay, when the crank handle animation stops and I go for the starter switch, the prop will rotate but the engine never fires up - I have to resort to using
    CTRL + E to actually light the engine off.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I enjoy the Stearman. In P3D V3, I noticed that I can just start it up with the CTRL + E keys and not use the crank handle/Starter switch. Also, if I do use the crank handle, the animation works fine
    and it rotates and I hear the noise it generates okay, when the crank handle animation stops and I go for the starter switch, the prop will rotate but the engine never fires up - I have to resort to using
    CTRL + E to actually light the engine off.
    Hi

The model can be started in any of 3 ways. CTRL+E, right click the mag switch, or use the Crew Start Panel view. A perquisite to method 2 and 3 is that mixture be set to rich and battery switch to on. I just tried each sequence in V3 and its working as designed. Please confirm switch position prior to start. I know it seems counter intuitive to need the electrical system energized before using an inertia starter but ....................

Hi

The model can be started in any of 3 ways. CTRL+E, right click the mag switch, or use the Crew Start Panel view. A perquisite to method 2 and 3 is that mixture be set to rich and battery switch to on. I just tried each sequence in V3 and its working as designed. Please confirm switch position prior to start. I know it seems counter intuitive to need the electrical system energized before using an inertia starter but ....................

Thanks for the help. Using the hand crank option, I discovered that I had to crack the mixture control up a little so that when I activated the started clutch handle, the engine would light off and
    prop would spin.

Thanks, Paul! I got mine yesterday. Looking forward to the Ag and float versions. Mark
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

Members who have read this thread: 1