Age old question...System specs.

Thread: Age old question...System specs.

Age old question...System specs.

I want to make the move to XP11. My current system is old but runs FSX extremely well.
    I tried the "Demo" for XP11 and right away had nothing but headaches...

So...with a budget of around $1,500 to $2,000 what would be a good system build with mid to high range performance?
    Don't need pre-built, Can build it myself...

Any help will get me going in the right direction...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    I want to make the move to XP11. My current system is old but runs FSX extremely well.
    I tried the "Demo" for XP11 and right away had nothing but headaches...

So...with a budget of around $1,500 to $2,000 what would be a good system build with mid to high range performance?
    Don't need pre-built, Can build it myself...

Any help will get me going in the right direction...
    With that budget, you should be able to get a blaster. I have a I7 at 4.2 my, 16 megs memory ddr 4, 1070 i meg video card and a 500 meg digital drive. There are more capable machines out there but I run mine with the sliders mostly all the way to the right.

I will let others comment as there are so many capable computers in this price range. If you go VR I let others comment.

This chap is a bit of an XP Xpert. Wade through his video list. https://www.youtube.com/user/col2mab
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    Cody I build systems for EAA Young Eagles clubs in my area. I have found that you can use an i5 -8600 clocked at 4.8 GHz just as effectively as an i7 7700k clocked at 4.2Ghz. I also recommend a 4gb or better video card. 1070 and 1080 both are very good. I prefer my builds with a 1080TI. The higher the anti-aliasing the more you strain the video card so find happy medium for fast but clean graphics. I also recommend 16GB or better memory. The faster the better. If you hit a bottleneck check the CPU and Graphics card usage to see where you need to let up a bit. I doubt if you will have that much trouble...XP11 is awfully forgiving and easy to set up.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks guys...This helps...A lot!
    Naismith, That link you posted...I watched several of his videos, He builds some high end stuff...With that said...
    I know I said I didn't want to "Buy One" But this one gets pretty close, Yes?

https://xforcepc.com/english/gaming-pcs/platinum-html.html

txnetcop..."1080TI" My dream card...But $700.00 to $800.00 it may have to wait till Tax Time.

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    Thanks guys...This helps...A lot!
    Naismith, That link you posted...I watched several of his videos, He builds some high end stuff...With that said...
    I know I said I didn't want to "Buy One" But this one gets pretty close, Yes?

https://xforcepc.com/english/gaming-pcs/platinum-html.html

txnetcop..."1080TI" My dream card...But $700.00 to $800.00 it may have to wait till Tax Time.
    Read an article in "Google News" that said Nvidia had seriously overordered 10 series based on the bitcoin frenzy. Now that it's dying down and with the 20 series about to come on line, they're obligating their dealers (msi-eva-asus etc) to accept a lot of the 10 series in order to qualify to stock the 20 series. Sounds like possible "sale" time in the near future.

Members who have read this thread: 0