Model design for money
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model design for money

Model design for money

Im wanting an aircraft external model with animations made for fs2004 please.

Going to pay whoever does it. This is a serious offer.

Please contact me via pm please

Members +
    You aske for a Gulfstream III in Simviation as well, & the answer was...
    "
    I think historically Gulfstream were very particular about not allowing their name be used in sims. That is why we tend not to see them commercially at any rate."

So, even for private use, there are probably issues!

Hey come on Anel, I just did a simple search and came up with the Abacus Gulfstream III, http://www.abacuspub.com/premier-gul...m-iii-download !!

I tell you what it's only $9.95, but if you give me $20, I'll send it to you....only joking!

OR for free at Flightsim.com https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=65955834, NASA GII/III

Go get them and happy flying!

As for Gen Dynamics who make Gulfstreams, how pathetic! A sim version of an ac, what a great way to spread the name, good intentions, and people's aspirations...dohh! they just don't get it...

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Anel, I suspect english is not your native language, so if you any need help just let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ... how pathetic! A sim version of an ac, what a great way to spread the name, good intentions, and people's aspirations...dohh! they just don't get it...
    Cheers
    Shessi
    Back when I was involved in plastic modeling, it was in the 1990s I believe, quite a few aircraft manufacturers, Boeing is one that pops into my mind but there were others, who threatened kit manufacturers with legal action for copyright violations for the use of their names on kits. This is why you may see a Minicraft "B-17B" kit, for example, but not a Minicraft "Boeing B-17B Flying Fortress." I read that they even tried to claim copyright infringement over terms like "B-17" but found that they couldn't claim copyright on an official U.S. government type designation.

Sometime early in my FS period, probably back in the 2000's, I read that American Airlines was threatening freeware as well as payware modelers and repainters over the use if their name and logos. This must not have gone very far, since the download pages are loaded with American Airlines planes and skins. But if what I read is to be believed, they tried to demand payment for licensing rights.

A couple years ago I saw a calendar for sale in a store and it carried a prominent "legal warning" to the effect that the purchaser of the calendar was buying a license to display it in their home showing only the current month's illustration, and that display at any other time, or the removal of any illustration from the bound calendar for display by itself in any context, would constitute a copyright violation that would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I wanted to write to them and tell them that I'd cut all the pictures from their calendar and displayed them not at home, but in my place of work, which was a pubic facility, and challenge them to try to do anything about it. But I didn't have a pen and pad on me to copy their address, and I wasn't about to buy their calendar just to get the publisher's address.

This is today's American business sector in action, always trying to squeeze every possible cent from the public regardless of any public reaction, convinced that what they're selling is in such demand that they can ignore any negative effect on public relations. This may have something to do with the fact that the American business sector is no longer the acknowledged world leader in commerce. When I was in college back in the 1960s it was said that the business (and education) majors kept the schools solvent with their tuition because they weren't smart enough to get scholarships. The business majors of that day are today's recent retirees, and they spent the past half century making the American business community what it is today.

Unfortunately it's the litigious society that was spawned in the good ol' US of A, and it's spread here to the UK and world wide. Everyone trying to make a buck/pound/euro et all out of everything, absolutely pathetic!

I agree that a commercial concern is about making money, but where does even a sniff of common sense come in to it?!!!

Anyway, they can't stop you doing it in private, ha ha!....and therefore I shall be displaying the month of December on my callendar, as of tomorrow, and no one can stop me!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I wanted to write to them and tell them that I'd cut all the pictures from their calendar and displayed them not at home, but in my place of work, which was a pubic facility, and challenge them to try to do anything about it.

May we see an illustration please?

​.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    May we see an illustration please? .
    Can't provide one. As mentioned in my post, I didn't buy the calendar.

A long time past I was reading where IL2 'Pacific Fighters' were getting considerable aggro from whoever 'Owned' the Grumman identity, regarding the Wildcat IIRC.
    That prompted me to purchase both IL2 and Pacific Fighters .............. Corporate Lawyers justifying their existence probably.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Can't provide one. As mentioned in my post, I didn't buy the calendar.

Fair enough... though if I worked with you and you tried to display cut-out calendar illustrations on my pubic facility then we'd have a problem.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Fair enough... though if I worked with you and you tried to display cut-out calendar illustrations on my pubic facility then we'd have a problem.
    If I'd worked at a pubic facility I might not have retired!

Ha ha ha!!...my wife laughed at that as well....I'm scarred for life, the picture I have of Mick, pubic and calendar.....

C'mon Anel9...pick-up on this thread before we all go mad?!

Cheers

Shessi

I'm aware of the models you mention shessi, and my native language is english (im australian) haha

The nasa one is an AI model so not that great and the abacus one is dated and lacks basic texturing and modeling with all due respect.

Ive had someone message me, so I'll see what can be done. Thanks anyway guys

Regards
    Alex

Ripper maate!

Cheers

Shessi

Back to square one shessi.. 😕

so the offer is still out there people

What do you expect to pay someone to make the model for you?

Lionheart Creations will make a model for you.Speak to Bill Ortis.

Cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    What do you expect to pay someone to make the model for you?
    I’ll let that person know when they message me and take my offer seriously. Until then I’m keeping that side of things between myself and the person interesed

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Lionheart Creations will make a model for you.Speak to Bill Ortis.

Cheers chris
    How can I get into contact with him?

Gawd what did your last servant die of!!!!!

You only need to do a bit of research and find the web site and then contact Bill Ortis.

To save me any more bother,try Here.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Contact.html

Cheers Chris

PS I doubt you have any idea of how much it will cost,certainly it will be more than I think you realise.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Gawd what did your last servant die of!!!!!

You only need to do a bit of research and find the web site and then contact Bill Ortis.

To save me any more bother,try Here.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Contact.html

Cheers Chris

PS I doubt you have any idea of how much it will cost,certainly it will be more than I think you realise.
    Lol, I only originally asked as I thought they weren’t around anymore.

and I’ve been in contact with a few reputable payware makers, but pretty much all have moved on from FS2004 and no longer have the capability to make stuff for the older platform. I have a rough idea of the sort of money I’ll be spending. It’s more a case of finding someone to make it for FS2004

Why i ask the question "how much do you want to pay" was to see if you have a grasp of the time involved to build a high quality model such as you ask. Then you bring up that you have been in contact with a few payware companies leads me to think A; you are in for a shock if anyone gives you a price or B; Your very wealthy and want a FS version of your personal GV. Just as a guess myself but lets say you wanted something along the quality that Milton Shupe has produced over the years. I would bet the amount of time Milton puts into a model alone would surprise most FS enthusiasts. If you want a VC and panel along with gauges to go with the model That adds alot of time as well. You will still need everything textured as well and then to even make it flyable a good FDE will need to be made to get it to fly close to actual published figures. Since we are this far in you will need a sound file built and that will take alot of time as well. Then everything has to be put together tested and packaged up and EULA's written. So all in i would guess your looking at a few thousand hours of work to get you your Gulfstream and a small team of developers to bring it to life. So.... How much do you want to spend?

Your on a forum full of developers who take their work seriously so if you want to be taken at the same level your going to have to step up and show you understand what your asking for. I have not even touched on the part that the owners of the Gulfstream name has made it clear in the past the will protect their intellectual property in court. Rick Salsa went through this with Gulfstream 18+ years ago with his freeware models for FS2002 if my memory is correct. You not the first person to come to these forums with the same idea you have and i have yet to see anything come out of it due to the surprise price tag that comes with the request outside of MAAMsim's B-25 and TBM and AOPA's Commander 112.

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Why i ask the question "how much do you want to pay" was to see if you have a grasp of the time involved to build a high quality model such as you ask. Then you bring up that you have been in contact with a few payware companies leads me to think A; you are in for a shock if anyone gives you a price or B; Your very wealthy and want a FS version of your personal GV. Just as a guess myself but lets say you wanted something along the quality that Milton Shupe has produced over the years. I would bet the amount of time Milton puts into a model alone would surprise most FS enthusiasts. If you want a VC and panel along with gauges to go with the model That adds alot of time as well. You will still need everything textured as well and then to even make it flyable a good FDE will need to be made to get it to fly close to actual published figures. Since we are this far in you will need a sound file built and that will take alot of time as well. Then everything has to be put together tested and packaged up and EULA's written. So all in i would guess your looking at a few thousand hours of work to get you your Gulfstream and a small team of developers to bring it to life. So.... How much do you want to spend?
    price is less of an issue than it is the platform in which I’m asking the model to be made for. In my previous post to yours I said that the main problem I’ve got with the people I’ve contacted is that fsx and p3d are the only platforms that they use/make aircraft for. I’m only after an external mode with the usual animations, flaps, gear, rudder, nose wheel, etc.. sound and panel are no issue as I’m happy to use one of the wonderful ones that are laying around the community.i already have a good understanding of fs fdes already so that too I’m not too worried about (at this stage)

the sort of quality im after isn’t very high but still accurate. Think of mike stones last released model, iai Westwind v2. That’s the sort of quality I’m after

kind regards

Anels9,

Like you already mentioned nearly all payware designers moved on to FSX or P3D. There are still some high quality developers active in FS2004, but these are often freeware designers who make things for fun and not for money. And they make their own choices about the model they like to make.

Like Speedy70 already mentioned Bill Ortis from Lionheart is perhaps somebody who is willing to help you. He has moved on as well, but always had strong ties with FS2004 and therefore he might be willing to do such a model, just for the fun of doing it.

Good luck in your search,
    Huub

Thanks huub. Ive sent him an email via his website, hopefully i get a response. If not, is he an active member here at SOH?

Members who have read this thread: 0