A2A P-51D Mustang Military & Civilian Released P3Dv4!

Thread: A2A P-51D Mustang Military & Civilian Released P3Dv4!

A2A P-51D Mustang Military & Civilian Released P3Dv4!

Just a heads up.

I would caution those who want to buy for P3Dv4 that A2A had not yet answered my question regarding PBR or P3Dv5. I'm not going red purchase this product again. So I asked if buying v4 will cover v5 also? I would prefer to wait for it whatever that means for.the mustang or for any of their products. P3Dv4 is nearing the midlife/end life stage prior to v5 release based on historical release times. You may want to resolve that same question. I noticed that their civilian mustang pricing is the same as military. I didn't see a discount for owners of one or the other for purchase of the additional addon.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Just a heads up.
    I didn't see a discount for owners of one or the other for purchase of the additional addon.
    You get "A2A Flying Hours" for all your previous purchases in the A2A store, you can use these when buying new products in there store. (100 Hours = $ 10 discount.)

See: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=63788

Marcel

mine worked already , so a definite no-buy from me.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Your FSX P-51D works in P3Dv4??? I guess I never tried!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

The FSX/P3D Mustang might work in P3Dv4, but its Accusim extension will not. That makes it a bit useless for some of us.
    I'll buy the P3Dv4 Mustang as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The FSX/P3D Mustang might work in P3Dv4, but its Accusim extension will not. That makes it a bit useless for some of us.
    I'll buy the P3Dv4 Mustang as soon as possible.
    no it works, trust us we got it up and running the other night

however I will purchase the v4 native just to support A2A who provide high quality addons unlike some others who think they are on par

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Your FSX P-51D works in P3Dv4??? I guess I never tried!
    No problems at all, just a tweak or two to get the lot working.
    And I won't be bothering with the 'new' version, John Terrell's are my P51's of choice.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    no it works, trust us we got it up and running the other night

however I will purchase the v4 native just to support A2A who provide high quality addons unlike some others who think they are on par
    Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding your initial reply in the screenshot topic.
    I'm surprised you managed to get a 32bits dll to work with P3Dv4 though...
    Or did you already have a P3Dv4 Accusim bird and you just "link" your Mustang to the 64bit Accusim module ?

Or did you already have a P3Dv4 Accusim bird and you just "link" your Mustang to the 64bit Accusim module ?
    Out of respect for A2A i dont want to post the how process
    Last edited by jeansy; August 30th, 2018 at 04:59.

Side note, I read where it seems LM is going to nail us again for another sizable amount of money for a P3Dv5 license? In my opinion, users of the professional versions should at least receive a discount for the successor versions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Side note, I read where it seems LM is going to nail us again for another sizable amount of money for a P3Dv5 license? In my opinion, users of the professional versions should at least receive a discount for the successor versions.
    Same as every other version since v1, so I don't see why you should expect anything different.

All I did was load the Mustang into my dummy FSX folder and just copy all the files into the appropriate areas in P3D4.3.
    I did move the accusim folder over but as I dislike the 'real' effects I don't use them.
    As you can seen the thing flies fine in P3D4.3

On another matter: "Side note, I read where it seems LM is going to nail us again for another sizable amount of money for a P3Dv5 license? In my opinion, users of the professional versions should at least receive a discount for the successor versions."
    Why?
    All LM versions are 'Not for Entertainment'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Same as every other version since v1, so I don't see why you should expect anything different.
    I had read a couple of posts where it was said that the PBR upgrade would be incorporated into v4 which supposedly would be a free upgrade. I had my doubts about that but now it appears that v5 is going to trigger a serious backwards compatibility gap due to it being an nearly or full overhaul of the sim engine? v4 is still slowly being caught up on addons and has a long ways to go yet and now v5 is on the horizon. I think I may stick things out with v4 for a while to see how all this goes. It runs and looks great, no real complaints other than scenery upgrades are rather slow at the moment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I had read a couple of posts where it was said that the PBR upgrade would be incorporated into v4 which supposedly would be a free upgrade. I had my doubts about that but now it appears that v5 is going to trigger a serious backwards compatibility gap due to it being an nearly or full overhaul of the sim engine? v4 is still slowly being caught up on addons and has a long ways to go yet and now v5 is on the horizon. I think I may stick things out with v4 for a while to see how all this goes. It runs and looks great, no real complaints other than scenery upgrades are rather slow at the moment.
    LM said that PBR was coming to v4. So that would be free.... v5 is another matter...who knows what that will be? Not me. ONly LM knows for sure.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Charter Member 2012
    I could be wrong, as it's been awhile since I've flown previous iterations of the A2A Mustang, but this new one seems to have improvements. I'd compare directly to an older version, but only have P3D v4 installed. More detailed external skins, with sharper metal seams and rivets, better optimized materials for shine and shadow, some minor 3d item improvements like drop tank connector piping. Interior looks the same to me, though some of the small cockpit items look more detailed; dynamic spotlights are included.

The FM is definitely more refined; shorter stick movement at speed to pull g, sharper aileron rolls, and a heretofore missing torque roll effect at low speed and high aoa if you jam power in. The shorter pull on the stick at speed follows with a fairly sharp accelerated stall, so you have to get a feel for it. Vibration and shake is more subtle, along with gauge needle vibes.

It's definitely sharper in flight; never flew a real Mustang but it 'feels' better.

there are some improvements compared to the fsx version and pre existing paints work fine

Members who have read this thread: 0