Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Lancaster released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Lancaster released

Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Lancaster released

The title says it all, really 😀
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

You beat me to it David! I was too busy downloading and installing it!!

And here is the link to it:

https://www.justflight.com/product/l...ster%20B%20MkI

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; August 29th, 2018 at 03:34. Reason: added link

Didn't quite escape.
    It's already on the never-ending list of things I really want but can't have.

Looks nice though. Hope to see some first impressions posts from people soon.

Ian P.

Thanks for the update. Bought and downloading
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I dont know how big must be my hangar, first Halifax, then Lancaster and Liberator incoming also!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

You're going to need an IanP airfield if you haven't got one.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Who’s doing a B-24?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Mike from Flight Replicas is doing one from what I understand. There is thread somewhere where he mentions it. It might be in the post about the Halifax.

Hate to say this but I am getting discouraged with he direction of the price of these add-ons lately. Seems we broke the $40 barrier and most are priced there now, regardless. I know some will just brush by this little comment but needed to voice my mind. I was interested in this and it looks nice but need to start picking which add-ons I purchase a little more judiciously.

LouP :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Hate to say this but I am getting discouraged with he direction of the price of these add-ons lately. Seems we broke the $40 barrier and most are priced there now, regardless. I know some will just brush by this little comment but needed to voice my mind. I was interested in this and it looks nice but need to start picking which add-ons I purchase a little more judiciously.

LouP :-)
    At £27.99? I'd have thought that cheap enough for anyone with even just a mild curiosity to want buy it.

US$40.00 = A$56.00.
    Exchange rates suck but considering the work that goes into these big and complex aircraft it's to be expected.
    And one price fits all sims.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I agree with most here: @ 34€ it is a steal. Compare most JF/AH products to other devs and they are always very reasonably priced.

moreover, their support is stellar and quick!

Priller

I wonder if there is a way to switch my payment currency on the JF store. At current exchange rate you pay 15% more if you pay in dollars compared to pounds.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

The first add-on I ever purchased was 5 bucks (Carenado). I know there is a lot more work and detail in today's models but this one just seems a bit high. Maybe it's the exchange rate thing because a lot of the Just Flight products seem to be on the high side to me. Not trying to hijack the thread but I just purchased the JF Arrow on sale at $22 and that seems to be a fair price. I just can't grasp the regular price of $42, especially now that I see what it is. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice aircraft but I just don't get the 40+ dollar asking price for that one either.

I'll stop now.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    The first add-on I ever purchased was 5 bucks (Carenado). I know there is a lot more work and detail in today's models but this one just seems a bit high. Maybe it's the exchange rate thing because a lot of the Just Flight products seem to be on the high side to me. Not trying to hijack the thread but I just purchased the JF Arrow on sale at $22 and that seems to be a fair price. I just can't grasp the regular price of $42, especially now that I see what it is. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice aircraft but I just don't get the 40+ dollar asking price for that one either.

I'll stop now.

LouP
    I agree, up to around 20-25$ I will buy on impulse, above that I have to think about it, the move above that the harder I think. At 50+ it's got to be super compelling and I can remember the last time I wanted an aircraft enough to spend that much. For JF aircraft you can wait till its on sale or they have there pick and match sale and get several for a bargain. Alas I have used those sales often enough that the last time they had the pick and match sale there was only one that I did not already have, and I did not really want it that much.

I'll stop now, returning to topic.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Indeed a beautifull, detailed work, and not going to discuss if it deserves what it costs. Sure it took a lot of work to build. Anyway, 35 € is a bit more that I will pay for another airplane no matter the builder or model...will wait for a future sale

Regards

Bought, downloaded, flown, excellent! Must read the flipping manual for the finer points Frame rates are great for a big, complex model.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

"Bought, downloaded, flown, excellent!" as Roger said
    Then had to take the
    gratuitous, moody screenshots

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-8-29_19-18-1-576.jpg   2018-8-29_19-30-43-867.jpg  

Didn't quite escape.
    @dhasdell: I've got most of the groundworks done for Metheringham - I'm just struggling to work out which tiny groups of pixels say "N" and which ones say "TB" at present. The two big obvious "T2s" and the big obvious "B1" are already there, as is the entire bomb dump and some of the dispersals.

However, discussing pricing, the only things I can afford at present cost GB£0.00, AU$0.00, US$0.00, €0.00 or 0ISK, so stop rubbing it in, will ya?! :P

Cheers,

Ian P.

For those that have not been able to find it, the manuals are now stored under The Producers in the Windows start menu.

This is interesting (like in DCS):

• Special texture techniques (PBR) create highly realistic paint and wear effects
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Wombat666 hits the nail on the head with pricing. Also those complaining about pricing are forgetting one word ….. QUALITY. From the early FS aircraft the quality has improved immensely. As computers have improved over the years and can handle the latest flight sims so the quality of aircraft have improved. Aircraft like the Lancaster have become more complex. But the Just Flight pricing has remained the same for several years now.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

My only hesitation would be the possibility of this item going on sale in a month after I paid full price. Looks dam "buster" nice however. Let's see, a half bag of groceries at Whole Foods, or a Lanc? What will he do

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

PricingW

I have to agree. Quality and accuracy are the words! I started with FS9 and now run FSX with all the available bells and whistles, and I've been amazed at the advances in the above. JF, A.H, Carenado, A2A, Flight Replicas, Milviz, etc. All produce items that at least visually, are as close as possible to the real thing. We are also extremely lucky to have people like Manfred Jahn, Milton Shupe, and their respective teams, in the same league. I don't mind paying for my hobby, if that is the case. I am on a part-pension, so have to watch the pennies, but if I have to live on bread and water, and limit consumption of the "Turps" for a few days, so be it. Wifey Dear, will just have to restrict the outfit buying also, ("but it is reduced from $125 to $45, and I just had to have it. I have just downloaded the Lancaster, and am having problems with jerkiness, which I believe could be frame rates, and I know sweet Fannie Adams, about computers, but I'll sort it out eventually.

She's a keeper I'll say that!! Really well done!

Members who have read this thread: 0