Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Lancaster released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Lancaster released

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Most addons these days are getting more complex. It is a case of reading the manual before you even think of your first flight. And for some aircraft you really need to be an airline pilot to even get through the start up.

Pity the poor beta testers who only have about a 1 page instruction sheet for the first few betas then a manual appears.

But the Lancaster is one of the best so far.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    The quality goes in and the price goes up, way up. I don’t need a study sim, I just want to fly with nice visuals and don’t need to go through a long checklist just to get in the sky.
    I Can’t afford payware anymore. I just wait for the sales and even then not much. Gone are the days of $39.95 being expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Most addons these days are getting more complex. It is a case of reading the manual before you even think of your first flight. And for some aircraft you really need to be an airline pilot to even get through the start up.

Pity the poor beta testers who only have about a 1 page instruction sheet for the first few betas then a manual appears.

But the Lancaster is one of the best so far.
    BTW, where is the manual? I've looked in all folders. Search did not turn up anything. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    BTW, where is the manual? I've looked in all folders. Search did not turn up anything. -d
    dvj, check post#20
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    dvj, check post#20
    Ah..... thank you!

-d

Wow, now THAT's an amazing picture.

Nice find dvj.

These pictures, real and from the sim, are making it harder and harder to wait with my purchase.

Stop with the teasers........... Nah, keep them coming.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Wow, now THAT's an amazing picture.

Nice find dvj.

These pictures, real and from the sim, are making it harder and harder to wait with my purchase.

Stop with the teasers........... Nah, keep them coming.
    Well it is pretty nice, but I can't figure out those skinny tires. Must be for mud and snow. ;-)

Yes, I might fatten those up a bit in a patch sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    the early development shots for the tyres looked good....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EVZOHLy.jpg  

I'm planning on picking mine up soon!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    This is interesting (like in DCS):
    A paintkit is on the way. Some of the PBR qualities are being "dumbed down" for a simpler kit for FSX.

A paintkit is on the way.
    @ any repainters: is it considered nagging and/or whining to ask for a prestine BOB Memorial Flight texture set ?..... ( if affirm i'd still like to go ahead and whine about it... )

Agreed !

+ 1. I was wondering what was bothering me about the wheels.

Excellent weathering BTW.

Agreed also!

It maybe because of the textures on the released model or my imagination, but the shape of the cowlings, especially the radiator intakes, looked more accurate in the early preview renders too.

Anyway, another aircraft to add to the "I must by that" list!

Cheers

Paul

Apart from the tyres, which had to go due to poly budget, what you see in the dev shot is what you get in the finished product.

Know this is not the right place to ask, but do you have any intention of a patch for the P-47 propeller hub? Would be much appreciated…

Regards

Apart from the tyres, which had to go due to poly budget, what you see in the dev shot is what you get in the finished product.
    Fattening the tyres and maybe dropping the a/c everso slightly so that the tyres appear slightly flatter on the ground would be a big improvement. No need for tread - most wartime Lancs had smooth tyres anyway.

Didn't quite escape.
    Just as a quick follow up to my gripe about people complaining about prices earlier in the thread... Some exceptionally kind person donated me exactly enough to buy the Lancaster - until PayPal took their bit, which means I couldn't quite get it straight away.

In a couple of days (hopefully tomorrow) the Lancaster will be mine... It will be mine...! Bwahahahaha!

Many, many, thanks if the gentleman who donated is here and reading this. It really is very greatly appreciated.

Ian P.
    (Metheringham needs trucks and clutter and it'll be done, for the record. It's got a flatten and parking spots done now.)

That's a real bummer. Just Flight told me I cannot install on my live system because it (quite deliberately) does not have an internet connection. I have the product installed on my test system, but that is an old machine and can't cope with the frame rates. Quite apart from the fact that it doesn't have all my control hardware etc.

They have offered a refund, but that doesn't help much. I understand the need for copy protection of course, but surely there must be some way of giving me a one-off key based on my live system IP. Or something. Somehow I've managed to install everything else on there (except the base sim) without going online.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    That's a real bummer. Just Flight told me I cannot install on my live system because it (quite deliberately) does not have an internet connection. I have the product installed on my test system, but that is an old machine and can't cope with the frame rates. Quite apart from the fact that it doesn't have all my control hardware etc.

They have offered a refund, but that doesn't help much. I understand the need for copy protection of course, but surely there must be some way of giving me a one-off key based on my live system IP. Or something. Somehow I've managed to install everything else on there (except the base sim) without going online.
    You could make sure all auto update permissions are turned off so MS can't alter your machine, get online long enough to get activated then re-isolate your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    You could make sure all auto update permissions are turned off so MS can't alter your machine, get online long enough to get activated then re-isolate your machine.
    I think that's my only option, short of waiting until I upgrade my system, which probably won't be for another year or so. Or until I have a catastrophic failure and have to rebuild.

Unfortunately it's not just MS that has auto updates (I can certainly disable those). I have many other products on there, and some will be just itching to upgrade themselves once they detect that they're online. A full system backup will certainly be required.

It's a shame, because I don't think it's necessary. Other developers (or delivery channels) manage to protect their products without having to go online for each new instal.

Nice video posted by Ghostrider78able on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBal2y0IjYU

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I think that's my only option, short of waiting until I upgrade my system, which probably won't be for another year or so. Or until I have a catastrophic failure and have to rebuild.

Unfortunately it's not just MS that has auto updates (I can certainly disable those). I have many other products on there, and some will be just itching to upgrade themselves once they detect that they're online. A full system backup will certainly be required.

It's a shame, because I don't think it's necessary. Other developers (or delivery channels) manage to protect their products without having to go online for each new instal.
    try creating a ghost fsx folder and a temp fsx registry change, install it on you connected pc into it and then copy the contents on the other pc, Justflight/aeroplane installers doesnt install dont need a registry entry for the addon to work

this way you can by pass the installer on the offline pc, and this way you can zip the contents of the ghost folder and save elsewhere for another day

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don't want to hijack this thread though. Any further ideas Pls PM me !!

Members who have read this thread: 0