Texture/repaint questions

Thread: Texture/repaint questions

Texture/repaint questions

When I move some of my planes into P3D, such as the Classics Hanger FW-190D-9, the models appear like they are chrome. Is this an alpha issue?

Also, I made a repaint of Lionheart's Tailwind, but the right wing appears black. Is there a material problem with the right wing on the model? It's the W10.

Because they are not native P3D aircraft the material settings do not port over exactly as they appear in FSX. You would have try to redo the alpha channels and Specular files, and see what that does. Otherwise you'll need to recompile the model. Which would be very problematic since it's payware.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Because they are not native P3D aircraft the material settings do not port over exactly as they appear in FSX. You would have try to redo the alpha channels and Specular files, and see what that does. Otherwise you'll need to recompile the model. Which would be very problematic since it's payware.
    The Tailwinds just don't have most of their gauges working and all of the "native" textures it came with are fine. It's just my repaint which has the right wing showing as black that I can't figure out. Thanks for the reply, though, about why these planes won't work. I'm guessing the images I've seen of people flying the 190's in prepar3d, they must have modded the models themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    The Tailwinds just don't have most of their gauges working and all of the "native" textures it came with are fine. It's just my repaint which has the right wing showing as black that I can't figure out. Thanks for the reply, though, about why these planes won't work. I'm guessing the images I've seen of people flying the 190's in prepar3d, they must have modded the models themselves.
    I'm not familiar with the add-on... But if they're stick textures work... That could indicate maybe a spelling mistake of the file?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'd contact Bill Ortis regarding the Tailwind. He's been updating his fleet for P3Dv4.
    If that one hasn't been done yet he might move it up the list if he knows there is interest.
    Last edited by fsafranek; August 29th, 2018 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I'd contact Bill Ortis regarding the Tailwind. He's been updating his fleet for P3Dv4.
    If that one hasn't been done yet he might move it up the list if he knows there is interest.
    Doh, last resort, contact customer support. Yeah, I would love if he made a P3Dv4 version. I'll contact him.

Members who have read this thread: 0