HALO Device - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HALO Device

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Or maybe I should just stop arguing with people over 50. I have to do so every day at work, and it is just a PIA. Even if you show them factual and/or numerical facts as a proof they will never change their mind. Last month I spent one week (8 hours a day, 5 days a week) trying to show an elder colleague what he was planning to do was unrealistic and would lead to a disaster. He never listened to me, did things as he wanted to, and of course the anticipated disaster occured...
    Your problem was that you automatically jumped into assumptions that I never stated in the title nor within the responses.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with being over 50......

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    How about we (all) agree to disagree.
    I think we agree on the point that the HALO hasn't been the most beautiful thing added to the beautiful shape of an aerodynamic car......

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Or maybe I should just stop arguing with people over 50. I have to do so every day at work, and it is just a PIA. Even if you show them factual and/or numerical facts as a proof they will never change their mind. Last month I spent one week (8 hours a day, 5 days a week) trying to show an elder colleague what he was planning to do was unrealistic and would lead to a disaster. He never listened to me, did things as he wanted to, and of course the anticipated disaster occured...
    Don't tell me about it! You don't know how much time I have to spend explaining young engineers, that what they want to do has already been tried and is has already been proven that it can't work. Even when I provide them the scientific reports, they still have doubts. Or when I have to explain to them that the thing they are about to invent can be ordered already in the first hardware shop around the corner .

I have worked with many young engineers for most of my career and still do. Mutual respect is the key to be successful. Youngsters will help me to keep the dust from my ideas and they can benefit from my 30+ years of experience. And I still enjoy working with brilliant youngsters of half my age) and its never a PIA .

And a great design isn't always the best solution. I still often use the example of the paper-mate ballpoint and the ordinary carbon pencil. When you don't know this example, perhaps you should try to learn from the technical failures in history.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0