KCRS_Corsicana Field.zip

Thread: KCRS_Corsicana Field.zip

KCRS_Corsicana Field.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Scenery

Description: Corsicana Field was a contract Pilot Training Facility for USAAF Pilots from 1940 to 1944. Without any reference photos to go by I simply retro-modified the current Corsicana Airport location, removing the hardened runway and taxiways and current buildings and populating the area with hangars and other buildings of a WWII nature. In addition, I added a fuel trigger where the fuel truck is parked on the ramp for your convenience.

Do yourself a favor and read the readme file enclosed. I rarely do, but in this case it might come in handy as there are a few files that will need your attention in order to make the most of the experience. There is also information included concerning the general use of the airport.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KCRS_Corsicana Field.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I can probably help you with some info on the field and locations of most buildings if you would like. I live in Corsicana and know most everyone out at the field. Also will this work in fsx?

Thanks guys. . .actually all my scenery is compiled with the FSX SDK and as such works very well in both FSX and P3D.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by Inductotherm View Post
    I can probably help you with some info on the field and locations of most buildings if you would like. I live in Corsicana and know most everyone out at the field. Also will this work in fsx?
    My sister lives in Corsicana. She teaches Kindergarden at Mildred so I drive down from time to time to see her.

This scenery was simply a representation of what a WWII Air Field might look like since I could find nothing other than written information about the original Field. If I were to do the actual airport as it is today. . . ideally I would get permission to take specific pictures of every building (all four sides), which I would then use to texture the 3D buildings that I make in Sketchup. As far as positioning of those buildings goes, the ground texture used in this scenery is actually the current satellite image of the airport so I would have that to place each building exactly where it sits on the airport.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Works superbly in PREPAR3D. Many thanks. Unfortunately P3D or ORBX puts a power pylon just left of 32 threshold. Still one of my favourite fields though. Have a great Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Works superbly in PREPAR3D. Many thanks. Unfortunately P3D or ORBX puts a power pylon just left of 32 threshold. Still one of my favourite fields though. Have a great Christmas.
    So it is not compatible with Orbx scenery for North America (Global, Vector, Open LC) ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Works fine for me MZee
    Greenhouse357

For anyone interested there ia a special on Amazon Video about Corsicana called Field of Valor. I found it very interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Valor-Gary-Farley/dp/B0828H9CWT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=field+of+Valor&qid=15 86212635&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0