CFS3, Jane's WWII Fighters, IL-2 and Crimson Skies into CFS2

Thread: CFS3, Jane's WWII Fighters, IL-2 and Crimson Skies into CFS2

Lightbulb CFS3, Jane's WWII Fighters, IL-2 and Crimson Skies into CFS2

basically I had an idea to do three full Conversions (but right I can't hopefully soon I will.) the idea is to recreate CFS3 and Jane's WWII Fighters, and Crimson Skies into CFS2

seeing that Allen already beat me to CFS1 to CFS2 (Edit:In fact everyone kinda already has here XD)
    and has already made most
    Crimson Skies (In fact I use most if not all of his planes XD)
    I guess I don't have other things to contribute

Crimson Skies Ideas
    I figured it is Possible for me to rip old game textures to recreate gauges and other stuff

UIRES
    this guy had a Uires but he never released it. as far as i know
    http://blackjackshangar.blogspot.com...-menus-in.html
    but I figured I can try and make look more like old game (buttons, mouse cursor and everything! even the intro video XP)

Aircraft
    there is still Aircraft left form the old PC and High Road to Revenge
    http://crimsonskies.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Aircraft
    http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/crimson...de/page_2.html

this guy was able to rip High Road to Revenge models as i said before.
    if any of you are good figuring that out or you can ask him :P
    http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17118

Mission and Campaigns
    seeing I have the old game I can recreate the Mission and Campaigns though from scratch
    High Road to Revenge would be hard though seeing it's an old XBox Game

Scenery
    it's hard but i can rip the models but it will take some time getting it all than again I could use Scenery FS2002 and mod it to look like 1930 :P

CFS3 and Jane's WWII Fighters ideas

UIRES

these two wouldn't me to hard seeing both i can get the textures and stuff

Aircraft
    that be kinda hard or easy seeing Jane's WWII Fighters is ripable thorough I have the milkshape plugin and It's vary rear but the plane are mostly CFS1 stile or maybe slightly better
    and I have ripped CFS3 :P

Mission and Campaigns
    this is probably the easiest thing to do seeing both have Mission editors to reference too.

Scenery
    Also the most easiest seeing everything is fully ripable or accessible the only prob is Jane's WWII Fighters and knowing where the hell are the airfields at but seeing it's battle of the bulge it shouldn't be that hard.

Il-2 Ideas
    I'd rather just Convert the Aircraft it be good to have some high quality planes instead of third party stuff XP

any how I shall never give up. never Surrender!!!

cya later :P

Using ripped models may be a prob from a legal point of view.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Question Depends on the company

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Using ripped models may be a prob from a legal point of view.
    well technically I was thinking of using CFS2 or CFS3 models or make my own to fill in Jane's and Crimson skies
    Il-2 could be more of difficult to try out seeing I seen some people take models form other games and get no prob and accept it as fan art.
    and unlike most models here you can't ask permission for these models if want to use them for commercial use same could be said if you use star wars but star wars is free IP so it so you can mod it in other games just not sell it.

Il-2 would depend on if Ubisoft doesn't give a cease and desist and looks at it as fan art.

Making Crimson Skies models is not a cake walk. Some place I have or had the PDFs that had 3 views for most of the Crimson Skies aircraft that came out before the XBox game.

If pulling models from other games is okay here I can go back to work on The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces Itsuha I pulled from my WII disc...

Attachment 63179

Icon9 Reply...

Allen and Jeddragon,

Without proper permissions, it's not really okay.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Allen and Jeddragon,

Without proper permissions, it's not really okay.
    Yeh.... buuuuut.... for personal use it's ok.

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Yeh.... buuuuut.... for personal use it's ok.

Cheers mav
    I'm not putting that much work in for my own ****s and giggles...

I'm not putting that much work in for my own ****s and giggles...
    You lost me...

I'm not doing all of the convert work and LODs just for personal use. It just a waste of time.

Question well now that think of it.

note I'm mostly saying stock models form the original game not form others mods.

I never been 100% sure here in this community.. starwars you could actually. it's free IP you can with stock models just don't take mods without asking.

wail most mods are within the game it's self others like Unreal Tournament have done so with other games chars stock models but I remember marvel was one that didn't allow that in ut2k4 but some how no one said anything in ut3

most game company's don't seem to care though. some like Nintendo and EA are like don't even use anything with even the name at all.

no one has ever really had to asked them when comes to Games stock models in a community unless they tell you so.

I'll will note I known the flight sim community all my life and so far. here it's form starch, or ask or don't bother at all now that I thinking of it :P

it may kill the point for you Allen and me to use anything form other game minus star wars :P or not.

edit; note there's always flight gear when comes to models was well there mostly GNU GPL
    I was mostly gonna use them for commercial stuff for my game and nun-commercial for here BTW just be care full some stuff says this on them
    Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-SA) so don't use them for commercial or with out asking I think.

Edit: BTW where can I go to post anything like so far I have plans to sell a Fighter/Shooter/Simulator game I was thinking I could ask you guys to help out in the Simulator part.
    Normally I hate to ask permission to use stuff but it might save some headaches if can get some models or some modelers, and artists here who maybe interested.

I am thinking on going to Gamasutra (yeah I know funny name ain't it ) pitch the idea there and start getting some people there also maybe interested helping code this game though.
    I plan to use stuff I collected form the FlightGear, Cadnav, CGTrader, TurboSquid to save modeling time. I also got C++ code and blueprint code I've collected form Unreal engine 4 marketplace to save time as well
    Last edited by JEDDRAGON; September 4th, 2018 at 04:19.

Lightbulb I guess I can still do something.

I guess then the only conversion I can do is CFS3 to CFS2 but Allen has taken the aircraft I need into CFS2 without having to convert CFS3 models the only thing left is for me to finish Crimson skies stuff though judging how things are done here that means form scratch and I'm ok with that. there are to form flight gear that would work though. :P

BTW
    Allen aside form road to high revenge if you want more Crimson skies aircraft there is this book witch more aircraft blueprints though all new original aircraft and none form the old pc game. not sure if the other books have the other aircraft
    https://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Skies-Aircraft-Manual-FAS8004/dp/1555604110/ref=pd_sim_14_3/135-8150851-6474233?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1555604110&pd_rd_r= 84bfe26e-c46c-11e8-82f0-0d90845ff108&pd_rd_w=V9SeW&pd_rd_wg=jsyLG&pf_rd_i= desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=56838e6b-66d4-41e0-a762-743f1a1a628a&pf_rd_r=RZKXS0FKNDS71EKY9FKP&pf_rd_s= desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=RZKXS0FKNDS71EKY9F KP

though CFS3 is still open to things like scenery an I can still do the aircraft so it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway still I don't see why IL2 models can't be converted fan mods are common in some game mods :P just as long as you take only the stock models and not
    mods and stuff.

At one time I had it. Depending on the book the plans are way too wackey or the drawings are crap.

Started work on the Balmoral. The closest thing to a true med bomber I think but there may be others...Attachment 64540

well that's cool :P

BTW remember this he finally release a Noesis plugin for them though it's a bit buggy on the UVs part might want to read thorgh it.

this guy was able to rip High Road to Revenge models as i said before.
    if any of you are good figuring that out or you can ask him :P
    http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17118

Are you part of that forum so you can get the Noesis plugin for the X file? I have quickbms.exe already and the quickbms scrip to go from a game .bin to the X file.

EDIT :

After some digging I got the scrips and a devastator. Texture is 256x256 so that is vary small so things are not going to look good also...

Now things fall back onto Rami and SOH staff. We port MS aircraft back and forth across the Flight Sims but would pulling MS made aircraft from an Xbox be too much?
    Last edited by Allen; March 14th, 2019 at 21:16.

Are you part of that forum so you can get the Noesis plugin for the X file? I have quickbms.exe already and the quickbms scrip to go from a game .bin to the X file.

EDIT :

After some digging I got the scrips and a devastator. Texture is 256x256 so that is vary small so things are not going to look good also...

Now things fall back onto Rami and SOH staff. We port MS aircraft back and forth across the Flight Sims but would pulling MS made aircraft from an Xbox be too much?
    good question well the only way to find out is ask them :P

edit:
    I have gotten the rest of the planes if you want too and the scrips for noesis if want them I'll post them soon.

@JEDDRAGON

PM sent to you.

Brigand in Model Converter X. Lots of De-mirror work done. Other than that it is the same as it was take from the OG Xbox game. It also seem to use an edited verion prop texture from FS2000 and up as it use the same alpha more or less just smaller as we got for CFS2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brigand MCX.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	68134

Members who have read this thread: 1