Another Spitfire Question

Thread: Another Spitfire Question

Another Spitfire Question

This one is for people familiar with the A2A Accu-Sim Spitfire Ia and the JustFlight Dunkirk Spitfire. I've been trying out the Dunkirk Spit demo version and it is really a beautiful visual model. You only get 15 minutes flight time with the demo and if you go above 3000 feet (really closer to 2500) parts of the plane begin to disappear, but even this limited version is really impressive. However, I'm only just becoming familiar with what Accu-Sim has to offer and I really like some of the features. I like being able to go over the maintenance schedule. That looked really cool in the A2A video. Someone should come up with a digital Sgt. Andy Micklin. "That's not your plane, College Boy!!! It's mine!!!

I'd appreciate any comments from members who have experience with either or both of these models vis a vis comparison and contrast. Many thanks in advance .

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Hello James,

See the original release topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n+A2A+spitfire

Both versions have there pro's en con's, just depends on what you are looking for.

Regards,

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hello James,

See the original release topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n+A2A+spitfire

Both versions have there pro's en con's, just depends on what you are looking for.

Regards,

Marcel
    Thank you for the link, Marcel. BTW: That Wings of Power 3 Spitfire Ia is no longer that expensive. You can get it from the Aerosoft site via direct download for 25.99 USD, only one dollar more than the JustFlight Spit. Many thanks.

JAMES

PS
    Vous êtes un français?

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Be careful with the version of the A2A Spitfire that you chose.
    That 25 dollars bird is probably without the Accusim extension, and Accusim is what makes this bird outstanding.
    Without Accusim, it's just a regular addon, a nice looking, nice flying bird without any special features.
    With Accusim, it's just something that cannot be compared to other addons anymore.
    The video you mentioned is probably about the Spitfire+Accusim. That package is much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Be careful with the version of the A2A Spitfire that you chose.
    That 25 dollars bird is probably without the Accusim extension, and Accusim is what makes this bird outstanding.
    Without Accusim, it's just a regular addon, a nice looking, nice flying bird without any special features.
    With Accusim, it's just something that cannot be compared to other addons anymore.
    The video you mentioned is probably about the Spitfire+Accusim. That package is much more expensive.
    The description video on the purchase page says that the plane has accu-sim. If you know something about their ad that I don't, or may have missed, please let me know. I don't like dodgy advertising. Here's the link in question with accompanying video. Go HERE: https://www.aerosoft.com/us/flight-s...number=AS13136

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

The video is an A2A vid about the bird WITH Accusim. Current price for the full FSX package on the A2A site is $49.99, so I think the Aerosoft offering is only the basic aircraft. You might look and see if they have the Spitfire Accusim addon as a separate purchase.

As Daube said James, the Aerosoft price seem not to include the Accusim package which was originally a separate purchase. A2A Shockwave doesn't offer the model and accusim as separate buys anymore and their price reflect what the complete package costs

https://a2asimulations.com/product/a...re-mki-ii-fsx/

Obviously the maintenance options will not work without the Accusim package and I understood that you can't change toward the 2 bladed and early canopy version without the Accusim package (Can anybody confirm?)

I can't compare, but I for me the Dunkirk Spitfire is a real gem and a steal at the price they are offering it for.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks everyone for setting me straight. To me, the ad as posted made it seem as though I'd be getting the Accu-Sim A/C for a bargain price. I do know I can just post an informational query to the Aerosoft people to be sure, but I'm now of the opinion the list price is for the base a/c.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

I own the A2A accusimmed spit, not the other spit you mentioned. It is one of the few planes I fly with any regularity. I love the quirks and how you can overheat it if you don't manage your radiator , and the maintenance hanger is very useful. Beautiful flight modeling, cockpit and textures. I downloaded a Spit II manual and fly it per the manual. Just like the A2A manual they are spot on. If you decide on the A2A spit, you will not be disappointed in my opinion.

But like all things and opinions, we each have our own. I have several A2A products and they have become the only a/c I fly with the exception of Manfred's C-47.

YMMV, Chris

Thanks again to everyone for the help. I got a surprise money gift and went with the Dunkirk Spit. It's a beautiful model and I'm very satisfied.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Perhaps that's the best thing to do James. Just purchase one and be happy with it and stop wondering what the other one would be like.

Cheers,
    Huub

I would never buy anything from A2A while they continue there predatory pricing model for P3d products. I think everyone should boycott them until the change there ways
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I would never buy anything from A2A while they continue there predatory pricing model for P3d products. I think everyone should boycott them until the change there ways
    the only 2 in their collection they have re charged for 64bit have been the the spit and acufeel, the rest thus far have been free upgrades, you're sounding like everything is, the only thing that ive encountered that wont work in 64bit is the b17 due to the installer everything else works fine

having said that, i have both spitfires, I know which one ive kept and which one Ive ditched

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    the only 2 in their collection they have re charged for 64bit have been the the spit and acufeel, the rest thus far have been free upgrades, you're sounding like everything is, the only thing that ive encountered that wont work in 64bit is the b17 due to the installer everything else works fine

having said that, i have both spitfires, I know which one ive kept and which one Ive ditched
    Actually I don't have a problem selling the 64bit version separately from the 32bit one. But they should not charge so much more for the P3D-Pro version
    Joe Cusick

The professional version is made for people who want to use the sim (and the Spit) in a commercial way, which means, earning/charging money to customers with the sim.
    If you want to reduce your costs, create your sim company and have some customers paying to use your sim.
    You can do that legally with the professional version, but you cannot do that with the Academic version.
    If you didn't intend to have such a professional activity, you should have bought the Academic version like almost all of the FSX/P3D community.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Perhaps that's the best thing to do James. Just purchase one and be happy with it and stop wondering what the other one would be like.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thank you for your words, huub. That's exactly what I decided.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The professional version is made for people who want to use the sim (and the Spit) in a commercial way, which means, earning/charging money to customers with the sim.
    If you want to reduce your costs, create your sim company and have some customers paying to use your sim.
    You can do that legally with the professional version, but you cannot do that with the Academic version.
    If you didn't intend to have such a professional activity, you should have bought the Academic version like almost all of the FSX/P3D community.
    Not necessarily, many hobbyists get pro version because a) they can afford it and b) don't feel there students. Personally I have the academic version myself, but at some point I could see myself getting the pro or developer version in the future and think there pricing is very unfair, so I hope everyone is with me and will boycott A2A until they change.
    Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Not necessarily, many hobbyists get pro version because a) they can afford it and b) don't feel there students. Personally I have the academic version myself, but at some point I could see myself getting the pro or developer version in the future and think there pricing is very unfair, so I hope everyone is with me and will boycott A2A until they change.
    no offence well you kinda shot yourself in the foot then when you elected for professional and choose to remain with it, as there a many add-ons only marketed or only installs for academic IAW their EULAs or installers.

As Daube stated, the professional range is marketed to flight schools and trainers where costs can be recovered through fees, for individuals at home there is no real extra benefit as its not what its intended or marketed for. I know I did the same and reverted back to academic when v4 came out.

but if your not willing to follow the LM marketing strategy, then you have reap your own sufferings and pay that little bit extra each time

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    no offence well you kinda shot yourself in the foot then when you elected for professional and choose to remain with it, as there a many add-ons only marketed or only installs for academic IAW their EULAs or installers.

As Daube stated, the professional range is marketed to flight schools and trainers where costs can be recovered through fees, for individuals at home there is no real extra benefit as its not what its intended or marketed for. I know I did the same and reverted back to academic when v4 came out.

but if your not willing to follow the LM marketing strategy, then you have reap your own sufferings and pay that little bit extra each time
    You must not have read the part where I said I personally have academic, but that’s not the point. For flight schools and trainers the have “commercial” versions that are 10x the normal price for ga aircraft where it’s plausible they will be used in that way, and with required certificates and insurance I am not arguing that. We are not supposed to argue the different licenses for P3D, and I won’t do so except to say there were those who argued that if your not in school you should buy pro (note I was not one of them). There is no technical difference between academic and pro, nobody else changes a different price for products that run on them, it’s just A2A price gouging, it’s an injustice and everyone should stand up to it. So I say boycott A2A.
    Joe Cusick

You could also see it the other way around : It is an injustice that the pro version allows you to earn money while the academic does not.

More seriously, the problem you mention is not a problem in fact. The product for the pro version is more expensive because it allows you to earn money and that's all. Yes, editors are charging more for pro versions because this kind of customers can afford it without problems. For them, it's a small investment to future earnings.

People who buy the pro version without being professionals are thus buying the sim for personal consumer/entertainment, which is not "allowed" (supported) by the EULA. That's why there's nothing to be upset about. Officially (I insist on this, because as you said, reality is a bit different), customers buying the pro really don't care about the additional price. They only care about how much money they will earn with it.

I think this has run it's course. It's gone off-topic and you will see in the P3D forum that we don't discuss the eula at SOH.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 0