Repaint request for freeware Iris T-6A Texan II

Thread: Repaint request for freeware Iris T-6A Texan II

Repaint request for freeware Iris T-6A Texan II

Hello,

I have a repaint request for the freeware Iris Texan II in the colors of VT-27 or VT-28 of NAS Corpus Christi. I am requesting this because I have zero skill or software that would allow me to do this. If it is possible let me know, thanks.

Here is one from VT-28
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30620218383_4a44839df2_b.jpg   30620218383_4a44839df2_b.jpg  

Can-do

I can do this for you no problem. I have both the freeware as well as both payware PRO versions so I will have to see if there is any texture differences. Have to go into the flash drive archives to find them and I will post the results in this thread as well as upload them to the Warbirds Library for others to share too when I'm finished. Just got all the photos I need, I will get to work on it on Monday.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, you did such a fantastic job on the T-2! Is the pro version worth getting, because I may get that one as well?

PRO Version from IRIS

I was over at IRIS yesterday after answering you here. Only the T-6B is available at IRIS. Not sure whether any of the online stores still offer the T-6A PRO. Both of them are more interactive VC's than the free version which actually started as an FS9 payware at IRIS. It was really nice of them to offer it free instead of just taking it off the site when the PRO version(s) came out. IMO if you want a really accurate version akin to Dino's T-45 or the VRS F-A/18 Hornet, then by all means the PRO is worth the money but if you are just going to fly it for fun and not follow the CNTRA curriculum for the next 100 hours enjoy the free version for a while. Then download the JAAPTS manuals at CNTRA in Corpus Christi, start studying and go get the T-6B and go for your virtual "Gold Wings" BTW the repaint is done. Here a few shots below.

Thanks, I should have specified that I meant the B Model pro version, sorry bout that. I cant wait to test the new paint out when it becomes available.

Flyin Around Pt Mugu in T-6A 029 from VT-27

Here are four shots of the flight I just took from Pt Mugu.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VT-27 029 Airborne.jpg   029 Climbing.jpg   Forgot How Much Fun.jpg   Bottom Snap Roll.jpg  

Looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it out for myself, when will it be uploaded to the library?

Paint Request

This looks to of been one of the CO's planes - Don't know when this was. I think this is a T34-C

VT-27 "BOOMERS" Beechcraft T-34C Mentor Landing Minneapolis

Centennial of Naval Aviation

This one would be a nice repaint.

Beech T-34C Turbo Mentor 161841 has been sprayed in a paint scheme which would have appeared on the 4th section leader's aircraft of the carrier USS Ranger (CV4) during 1938

More info here:

http://www.cavok-aviation-photos.net/ConaUS.html
    Last edited by gray eagle; May 24th, 2020 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    This looks to of been one of the CO's planes - Don't know when this was. I think this is a T34-C
    I painted something very similar that was made available once the Alphasim/Virtavia T-34C package was released.
    It was based on a series of photos I took at Miramar.

It and others are here: http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html#T-34C

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I painted something very similar that was made available once the Alphasim/Virtavia T-34C package was released.

The one you offered is for AlphaSim - not IRIS.

The one you offered is for AlphaSim - not IRIS.
    Which would be correct, as that aeroplane is a T-34C,
    Not a T-6 II.

However Zsolt has done something similar for the IRIS T6, you can find it / them at flightsim.com

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Which would be correct, as that aeroplane is a T-34C,
    Not a T-6 II.

However Zsolt has done something similar for the IRIS T6, you can find it / them at flightsim.com

Ttfn

Pete
    Nothing over there like that.

Thanks anyway

Depending on which model version you have this is at Flightsim.com (see-ing as DB changed the texture mapping when it went to 'Pro Series' ) and may fit.

Name: taw6-1.zip
    Size: 3,461,693 Date: 01-26-2012 Downloads: 351

FS2004 US Marines T-6/A Texan II. Training Air Wing 6 (TAW-6) - VT-10 Wildcats - NAS Pensacola. Paint as F4U Corsair flown by Marine Attack Squadron 312 The Checkerboards starting in 1943. Model by Iris Simulations. Repaint by Zsolt Beleznay.

and these are more modern

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite...roomlake/blank

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Depending on which model version you have this is at Flightsim.com (see-ing as DB changed the texture mapping when it went to 'Pro Series' ) and may fit.

Name: taw6-1.zip
    Size: 3,461,693 Date: 01-26-2012 Downloads: 351

FS2004 US Marines T-6/A Texan II. Training Air Wing 6 (TAW-6) - VT-10 Wildcats - NAS Pensacola. Paint as F4U Corsair flown by Marine Attack Squadron 312 The Checkerboards starting in 1943. Model by Iris Simulations. Repaint by Zsolt Beleznay.

and these are more modern

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite...roomlake/blank

ttfn

Pete
    Thanks for the paint and the link

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

Sorry Frank,

I didn't focus on your comment of a T34C and that didn't immediately register with me.
    Was focused on the T6C Texan II.

Sorry Frank,

I didn't focus on your comment of a T34C and that didn't immediately register with me.
    Was focused on the T6C Texan II.
    No worries. When the T-34C photo showed up or of the blue I thought you were asking where to find one like that.
    I knew the main subject of the thread was about the Iris T-6A Texan II.

Members who have read this thread: 3