Fatal error

Thread: Fatal error

Fatal error

For the Second time in My FSXSE Usage i Got that Message..FATAL ERROR..with it NO MORE FLYING....Once again i Helped my self...This By DELETING the CFG. in the main file.. a new one gets constructed at start up .Later Delete the contents in the LOG FILE....Happy to report alls well.....This for the second time....the big Question is why That FATAL ERROR Happens?? do Not Know ...From Other Forums I read a big Problem.....Thnx all

Actually, all you need do is delete the "stuff" following the equals sign in the Situation= line under the [USERINTERFACE] heading.
    It's been happening to me since I installed SE. Works for me every time.
    Have fun!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thank You sir will file that ..Infrequent but a pain

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Actually, all you need do is delete the "stuff" following the equals sign in the Situation= line under the [USERINTERFACE] heading.
    It's been happening to me since I installed SE. Works for me every time.
    Have fun!

Pat☺
    ...Hi pat Suggesting Delete all after SITUATION =? All of the copy? Mine shows the location of start up plane and place...Do ILose that and Replace? ..Recommend back up the CFG.FSXSE ? any Info big Help again Thnx Vin

What I meant, if I didn't say it very clearly (a problem I have): Everything following the equals sign on the Situation= line only.
    Delete nothing else other than what's following the equals sign on the Situation= line. But do delete any and everything following the equals sign.
    Don't touch anything else in the FSX.CFG file.

Do I Lose that and Replace?
    Yes. Doing the delete I recommend will revert the sim to it's default, default flight. The trike over Friday Harbour.

Having said that, the best thing to do to get back to your preferred default flight is to set it up again, then re-save it, using the same name as before and over-writing the original. Then, you can make it the default again with the little check-box down at the bottom.
    I can't point to anything that proves this theory, but I believe that somehow the saved off default flight causing the sim to not load, has been corrupted. That's why it causes the sim to not load. It sees something in the saved off default that isn't right, and won't load the sim because of it.
    Reverting it to the default, default flight the sim originally comes with solves this.

Should you save your FSX.CFG before you make any change should be de-rigeur for you. Actually, it should be done before editing ANY file. .cfg's, .air files, .xml's, you name it.
    If everything is OK after you make the changes and fire up the sim, you can delete the backup file if you like, to prevent the "million back-ups" effect from taking over a folder

Does that help?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thnx advice well taken...Now running OK....Hope it will BUT If ever? we Have answers...HAPPY LANDINGS!

A simple picture of what Pat is saying!

Take this:

[USERINTERFACE]
    PageID=1
    OpenATCOnCreate=0
    SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1
    PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
    PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
    SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default flight at KSNA
    Map_Orientation=2
    ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
    SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
    SelectAircraftPublisher=All
    SelectAircraftType=All
    DisplayFuelAsWeight=1

And make it look like this:

[USERINTERFACE]
    PageID=1
    OpenATCOnCreate=0
    SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1
    PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
    PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
    SITUATION=
    Map_Orientation=2
    ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
    SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
    SelectAircraftPublisher=All
    SelectAircraftType=All
    DisplayFuelAsWeight=1
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank You .Most Helpful,.i see clearly The SITUATION LINE .delete copy..after =,OK ...wondering The effect of that?...Should be a hand book on this i read so may mired in this no clue....well enjoying good FSXSE now.......Question?? Is this occurring in DISK FSX?..never had it there..In my desperation i was going back to Disk,..its my STUFF to be transferred whats holding me back ..I would like my control..who knows? STEAM could be gone anytime..just a thought ...HAPPY LANDINGS!!

Members who have read this thread: 0