A new project, to keep things fun :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new project, to keep things fun :)

The Falcon !!! That is so cool.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    once I started a death star, it was getting a bit like this,

Wow, that's an amazing job! When's it out?
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Wow, that's an amazing job! When's it out?

speaking the truth I did not even finish, I was at the beginning of learning in modeling, but I think of making a new one, because this would only serve to look at lonje, because when it gets too bad, I'm going to study the possibility of a new
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

The Force is strong with this one Landing claws and ramp animated, and the FDE is now in the capable hands of Pam Brooker. Going to continue working on this one in the background of more serious projects. VC looks good, although I had to alter the seating positions as the ones in the film meant that you couldn't see a thing out of the cockpit. Otherwise, things are proceeding precisely as I have forseen....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Falcon.jpg   Falcon2.jpg   VC.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Blog Entries
    The Force is strong with this one Landing claws and ramp animated, and the FDE is now in the capable hands of Pam Brooker. Going to continue working on this one in the background of more serious projects. VC looks good, although I had to alter the seating positions as the ones in the film meant that you couldn't see a thing out of the cockpit. Otherwise, things are proceeding precisely as I have forseen....
    I see what you did there .... well played, sir. Well played.

Oh. And yes - looks great! I'll happily bet that bucket of bolts will get past the blockade ...

Blog Entries
    Beatr with me. This will take a while to get right.. Blasting out of Mos Eisley, setting down on Bespin, or avoiding tie fighters along a desert floor all all very different modes of flight and i want to get them all right ..
    I took it out for a get acquainted flight today and I will say that having ninety feet of spacecraft to your left is very strange. So is landing when your cockpit is forty five feet off the center of the runway..
    My goals are:
    848 knots in atmosphere
    118000 ft ceiling
    90* vectored thrust for those really tight turns, takeoff, hovering, and landing..
    It'll be a fun ride
    Pam

Members +
    Pretty PLEEZE tell if this will fly in FS2004?

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Pretty PLEEZE tell if this will fly in FS2004?
    It's an FSX / P3D only model I'm afraid. I'd happily let someone else convert it to FS9 once it's complete but I'm too busy to cater for all platforms, so there won't be an FS9 or X-Plane version, sorry.

Very impressive...!

Members +
    I'm awaiting with bated breath, this looks stunning.
    (someone, anyone, please do not forget us FS9'ers)

Hi Dean,
    Any updates you could share...?

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Hi Dean,
    Any updates you could share...?

Thanks....
    A bit slow on this one as I'm also working on my first commercial flight sim product at the moment. Don't worry though, I'm soon to set some time aside to finish off the Falcon and get it released - it's mostly just texturing work and some VC modelling / animations. Following projects will be the RF-8G Crusader and then the Sepecat Jaguar, both probably for release in 2019. Crusader probably freeware, Jaguar probably payware but at a low cost.

I want a DEATH STAR with interior!

Me want. Any chance you'll be working more on the Aussie's own Death Star (I always KNEW you guys had motivation for an evil empire! Wait... that's America, never mind)..? Any chance you'd be willing to share what you have - if not?

Had a little time to work some more on the Falcon recently. I'm going to try to finish the project by the end of October - mid November. Tough to squeeze everything in at the moment as my writing life is very busy and I'm also working on a commercial scenery project. Still, always fun to spend a little time on something a bit more light-hearted

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FalconNight.jpg  

Thanks for your efforts, its good to see this moving ahead.

Really awesome work Dean.

Congratulations on such an amazing model! I see the Force is strong within you!
    I have always had a passion for Star Wars and Darth Vaders Imperial Shuttle has
    also been a favorite of mine for years! Maybe next?!;-) not asking for the Moon of Endor, or anything like that...;-) thanks Dean. Also, sent you a PM. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    speaking the truth I did not even finish, I was at the beginning of learning in modeling, but I think of making a new one, because this would only serve to look at lonje, because when it gets too bad, I'm going to study the possibility of a new

From my point of view, and I am not an expert here, you were in the right track! That Death Star looks amazing to me. Having this one orbiting in space and having a Millenium Falcon or a Shuttle Tidyrium ;-) to fly between the " Forests of Endor" ( California Photoreal scenery would do!;-) would be a dream come true. Whatever you decide, Im sure we fans would be grateful. Best regards, rui cristina

There are some projects in flight sim that really benefit well from light maps...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

I can't wait to sit in that virtual cockpit using a VR headset !

A side question: if I understood correctly, you have or you are modelling a good part of the interior of the aircraft, right ?
    Do you think you could harden the ground inside the aircraft and the opening bridge as well ?
    In P3Dv3 and v4, it would be nice to be able to climb into the aircraft and walk to the cockpit using the avatar mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I can't wait to sit in that virtual cockpit using a VR headset !

A side question: if I understood correctly, you have or you are modelling a good part of the interior of the aircraft, right ?
    Do you think you could harden the ground inside the aircraft and the opening bridge as well ?
    In P3Dv3 and v4, it would be nice to be able to climb into the aircraft and walk to the cockpit using the avatar mode.

Hi Daube,

Yes, I'm modelling the interior at the moment. The walkways, boarding ramp and cockpit floor will all be assigned the "concrete" material setting which should ensure that they can be walked upon in the normal way. The inside of the Falcon will only be lightly detailed though as the model is designed for VR and thus poly / vertice counts are always on my mind.

Ah the polycount thing is a good remark indeed...

That being said, when we are in avatar mode, we go around the external model, not the interior (VC) one. Then you don't really need to put too much areas modeled in the VC model, then the impact on VR flight should not be too big... I hope :P

It's amazing how different reality is from movie props. The Falcon's interior requires numerous ramps and steps in order for it to actually match up to the external model. Quite a difference from the movie prop interiors, which portray the interior as essentially level.

A quick shot of the interior section - the larger forward area will be the seating area seen in the movies. I'm not modelling anything more than what's visible in this shot though, as I need to move on from what's been a fun little project. Some general tidying up followed by the application of textures to the interior walls and floors and that should be it. Not seen here are the gun turret assemblies etc - they're all modelled, but hidden away in this shot to make it easier for me to work on the interior

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FalconVC.jpg  

Looking very nice.....
    Can you tell us what animations you'll be incorporating..?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Looking very nice.....
    Can you tell us what animations you'll be incorporating..?

Mostly standard stuff: fully animated VC with all required switches, animated undercarriage and boarding ramp. I'm using the project to test effects creation and also sound, so probably some custom stuff there but that's it really. Han and Chewie will also be there with conditional visibility settings ( battery on / off ) in the cockpit.

Members who have read this thread: 0