SOH is Moving Nov. 4th. UPDATED

Thread: SOH is Moving Nov. 4th. UPDATED

SOH is Moving Nov. 4th. UPDATED

Our hosting company was purchased by Rackspace last year. They are closing the data center that houses our server and moving the servers to another location 15 miles way.

The move date is November 4th, 2018. Time will be updated when we know.

There will be significant downtime on both servers at the same time.

Posted by Dangerous Dave today. Once October 14th arrives, this explains why SOH will be unreachable.
    Last edited by stovall; October 13th, 2018 at 12:38.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks for the heads up. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly.

Oh boy...............
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Might I suggest you guys invest in a free Discord account? This is a FANTASTIC free app for PC and mobile device that will keep the community connected anytime. Just saying it's an option...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks for the heads up.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Dave, just a quick clarification? Are we talking out of commission for hours, days, or perish the thought weeks? This site is almost like crack. Gotta have my daily fix. . Thanks for the HU...Terry

The data center plans on starting at 0:00 Central Time US and completing before or around 8am that day. Basically they have given themselves an 8 hour window.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Sounds like a plan.. I'll check in after 4 pm. That'll give a 16 hr. window.. as we all know..... Stuff Happens..even to the best of men. Hope they address the fact that between 2215hrs and 2230hrs PST most every evening, the " site is busy, please try again later." Been this way for over six months. Hope they find the gremlin... Thank you for the clarification. Good Luck with the changeover. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Hope they address the fact that between 2215hrs and 2230hrs PST most every evening, the " site is busy, please try again later."
    Terry, they have to run the backups at some time! Man, you have it bad...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Tom, thank you for the heads up. I never gave that a thought. I'm usually heavy simming from 9 pm to midnight. I assumed, if the server is on East Coast, they'd do maintenance after 3 am EST. My bad.. Now I'll try to remember that particular 15 minute window is going to be unavailable. I appreciate the clarification...Terry

The date has changed to October 14th. Event is delayed.

The move has been pushed forward again to November 4th. No time available as of now. Updates will follow.
    Last edited by stovall; October 13th, 2018 at 12:34.

Seems to have gone ok!

Priller

Thanks to the great work of administrator Dave, the transfer went flawlessly.

Members who have read this thread: 0