Firestorm

Thread: Firestorm

Firestorm

Moving on from daytime smoke effects, I'm trying to work on firestorm effects using Coventry as a test.
    While the effects through a bomb-sight look good, I'm not at all happy with the distant effects. I also get the same circular effect with target indicators; it's a very flat ground level bright circle which looks unrealistic IMO.

Distant view

bomb run

and away!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Conventry Firestorm test 4.jpg   Conventry Firestorm test 3.jpg   Conventry Firestorm test1.jpg  
    Last edited by mongoose; August 21st, 2018 at 17:22.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Looks good to me M....

I know they talk about heat and flames going up thousands of feet, at Hamburg, Berlin etc, but the sim has a limit.

Also, depends what height and distance you're at? If your fires are covering a scale and known size area, then apart from getting that fairly accurate it's down to the sim and the effects. Another way would be design/write your own firestorm effects.

In real life don't forget low cloud, fog, smog, smoke etc all effect how a fire would be seen from the air.

Cheers

Shessi

Dresden and Braunschweig

Sounds promising. Have you started with the existing ETO firestorm effect or did you start from scratch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

If you are talking strictly about effects as in effects.xml then I am using what is there. The vehicles, buildings and facilitities are a mish mash from SPQR stuff he did for me and ACC/ETO stuff done by Clive and others plus stuff from Dan, which I have just messed with. I'm pretty sure the xml effects were from those guys.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Thanks for the information
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Members who have read this thread: 0