FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V3.zip

Thread: FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V3.zip

FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V3.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: This standalone package adds new startup procedures, auto-mixture management, interactive checklist, VC chatter and the 'Monitor' panel to a re-textured VC.

The mods are largely based on Jan Visser's (team DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS) C-47 package. Models revised by Manfred Jahn, textures by Gordon (gman) Madison and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf Scholten.

Original historical research by John Detrick, flight dynamics by Alexander M. Metzger, gauges, animations, and failure conditions by Hansjoerg Naegele.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V3.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Engine failure

First of all: A wonderful and extremely nice flightsim-model. But after approx. 5 minutes flight both engines stops, and I'm not able to start them again. Plenty of fuel, fuel pumps are working, no warning signs. And suddenly both engines are dead. I have tried flying manually , with autopilot (and autothrottle (!) within FSTramp). In all cases I experience a complete loss of power...
    Have any of you had similars problems ?
    I use P3Dv4.4 .

gunnarsv

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarsv View Post
    First of all: A wonderful and extremely nice flightsim-model. But after approx. 5 minutes flight both engines stops, and I'm not able to start them again. Plenty of fuel, fuel pumps are working, no warning signs. And suddenly both engines are dead. I have tried flying manually , with autopilot (and autothrottle (!) within FSTramp). In all cases I experience a complete loss of power...
    Have any of you had similars problems ?
    I use P3Dv4.4 .

gunnarsv
    Are you remembering to pull the prop levers down to reduce the prop RPM after takeoff? Can't let them run for any great length of time in the RED zone.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Make sure you turned on the generators and that you have sufficient fuel. Also, proper engine management is a must with Manfred's C-47 and C-117D. Abuse the engines and they will quit.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Beautiful plane .

There is 1 thing i dont understand though.
    I switched the warning signs too test and now they wont go back to the default stage .
    They all keep burning like a christmas tree .

Problems solved !

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Are you remembering to pull the prop levers down to reduce the prop RPM after takeoff? Can't let them run for any great length of time in the RED zone.
    Thanks for your advice. Problems solved!

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarsv View Post
    Thanks for your advice. Problems solved!
    Glad it's working for you! I tend to be right about 10% of the time!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 7