USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA 31) Vietnam era
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA 31) Vietnam era

USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA 31) Vietnam era

First test in the MCX to check mdl size and the textures added at the present stage

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BONE.jpg   ha1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Outstanding start!

Great place from which to fly and recover A-1s, A-4s, and F-8s ....

dl

Great place from which to fly and recover A-1s, A-4s, and F-8s ....
    Oh, yeah! This is such great news.

Yes, and A-3's too don't forget (quite the challenge).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

If you put a "Whale" in the Hangar Deck, don't forget to fold the tail or it won't fit! (Gotta check my model to se if the tail does fold - I forget --)

Next step animations

Pending all animation and air wing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg  

A big +1 on the A-3s. My squadron on the Hancock relieved the "Bonny Dick" on Yankee Station in 1971. We flew the EK-A3b Skywaririor for VAQ-129.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Be nice to have a Hancock and maybe Intrepid angle decked Essex carriers as well as the Bonnie Dick.

CIMOGT - would it be possible to simply swap out the ship numbers and name textures on your CVA-31 to do this?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

One of my projects for 2019 might need an USS Lexington... ;-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 41168132_2215381115142004_8936708542082056192_n.jpg  

at this point I can do it, I will review the model textures to make it ready for the number change

Be nice to have a Hancock and maybe Intrepid angle decked Essex carriers as well as the Bonnie Dick.

CIMOGT - would it be possible to simply swap out the ship numbers and name textures on your CVA-31 to do this?

Didn't quite escape.
    Dino: Any chance of a FASTFAC version of that, or will you just be sticking to the trainer variants?

Ian P.

excellent model Dino, that will be the next project

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post

What good news!!!

And back to the thread - looking forward to the CV-31!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    Pending all animation and air wing

Nice Job!
    I was on the "Bonnie Dick" Jan '67 - Aug '67
    I've attached listing of carriers that air wing 21 was with including the Bon Homme Richard -
    After you click on the link - scroll down to CVW-21 and you'll see all the aircraft onboard during the Jan 67-Aug 67 cruise with
    the tail colors of each type aircraft.
    Would like to see colors of the CAG-21 planes on board.
    BTW - The USS Forrestal was our relief and was on Yankee station back then and caught on fire - McCain was onboard the FID then.
    The Bonnie Dick and Oriskany both came to the aid of the FID (Forrestal). I saw the FID burning and was terrible mess.
    FID was acronym of Forrestal motto for First In Defense.

http://www.wings-aviation.ch/24-Nava...963/CVW-21.htm

That would be great.
    Any possibility of getting the Ticonderoga (CV-14) added to the list as well?

at this point I can do it, I will review the model textures to make it ready for the number change
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Nice Job!
    I was on the "Bonnie Dick" Jan '67 - Aug '67
    I've attached listing of carriers that air wing 21 was with including the Bon Homme Richard -
    After you click on the link - scroll down to CVW-21 and you'll see all the aircraft onboard during the Jan 67-Aug 67 cruise with
    the tail colors of each type aircraft.
    Would like to see colors of the CAG-21 planes on board.
    BTW - The USS Forrestal was our relief and was on Yankee station back then and caught on fire - McCain was onboard the FID then.
    The Bonnie Dick and Oriskany both came to the aid of the FID (Forrestal). I saw the FID burning and was terrible mess.
    FID was acronym of Forrestal motto for First In Defense.

http://www.wings-aviation.ch/24-Nava...963/CVW-21.htm

Thanks for the info

In this model you only need change the number in the texture of the castle, the air wing and the deck

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    That would be great.
    Any possibility of getting the Ticonderoga (CV-14) added to the list as well?

That's great news. Thanks!

In this model you only need change the number in the texture of the castle, the air wing and the deck
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I'd really be interested the Lexington version. I was a crewmember on her from 76 to 78.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    If you put a "Whale" in the Hangar Deck, don't forget to fold the tail or it won't fit! (Gotta check my model to se if the tail does fold - I forget --)
    It appears the tail doesn't fold on the Alpha A-3. Were they ever parked on the flight deck but not taken down to the hangar deck?

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    It appears the tail doesn't fold on the Alpha A-3. Were they ever parked on the flight deck but not taken down to the hangar deck?
    Maybe this will clear things up. I've seen them this way on the the two essex class carriers I served on. If memory serves, I think they could fit in hanger bay.
    My logic would be why did the vert tail fold if not for that reason.

A3Ds make all other carrier aircraft look like tinker toys. Well, maybe except for the A3J.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Maybe this will clear things up. I've seen them this way on the the two essex class carriers I served on. If memory serves, I think they could fit in hanger bay.
    My logic would be why did the vert tail fold if not for that reason.

Thank you for this picture but there is nothing to clear up for me. I know on real world A-3s the fin folded so they fit in the hangar decks of smaller carriers. I was suggesting a work round as the Alphasim A-3 fin does not appear to fold when the wings fold.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Thank you for this picture but there is nothing to clear up for me. I know on real world A-3s the fin folded so they fit in the hangar decks of smaller carriers. I was suggesting a work round as the Alphasim A-3 fin does not appear to fold when the wings fold.
    Sorry, I read past the Alpha A-3. That would be a nice feature if the Sim version could assimilate the fully folded mode.

finished all the lighting system of the ship, still pending the air wing, in this phase I not added any aircraft model to the deck and i am not sure yet but maybe this model Will be only for p3d v3 and v4

finished all the lighting system of the ship, still pending the air wing, in this phase I not added any aircraft model to the deck and i am not sure yet but maybe this model Will be only for p3d v3 and v4
    Please no!
    there are still many of us tethered to FSX for a variety of reasons, and would love working off a Bonnie Dick, Hancock, Lex, or Tico...
    we would love to see this in FSX too, regardless of whale folding tail...

Members who have read this thread: 1