USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA 31) Vietnam era - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA 31) Vietnam era

I entirely agree there's no way I could run or even afford p3d atm and I would love to get my hands on this model BTW very happy with the Doorman I barely fly off anything else atm

Hi CIMOGT,

The model looks great!

Three questions. In the USS Gerald Ford, the static models are built-into the model, so are not removable.

Can you design this model so they can be removed (deselected), if desired?

And

Second question is, can you make it so the deck lighting can be adjusted?

Lastly,

Any chance you can make the lights on the ship's island brighter?

Thanks, NC

yes, in the ford the static models are inside the 3d model, for the cva31 I think adding the air wing as an individual model, to be able to modify the lights i will modify the textures related

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Hi CIMOGT,

The model looks great!

Three questions. In the USS Gerald Ford, the static models are built-into the model, so are not removable.

Can you design this model so they can be removed (deselected), if desired?

And

Second question is, can you make it so the deck lighting can be adjusted?

Lastly,

Any chance you can make the lights on the ship's island brighter?

Thanks, NC

Testing

Testing some of the animation added to the ship, pending a lot of work with the night textures, air wing and control panel gauge

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ani4.jpg   ani3.jpg   ani2.jpg   ani1.jpg  

First test in the sim

First test in the sim, to check the textures and the ambient animations of the model

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg   1.jpg   3.jpg  

Looking great!

Test hangar lights

This is the first test of the lights in the hangar deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg  
    Last edited by CIMOGT; September 29th, 2018 at 12:22.

Superb !

play a little with the lights, less bright, now i will add all light in the hull, flight deck and castle

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg   6.jpg   7.jpg  

Question

Drivable version for this model? What do you think?

Driveable Version

If it is not a problem, a driveable version would be really cool but with a real interior to the island equal to the quality of the rest of the model. I can furnish a lot of pictures from the America for you to use if you can't find enough detail online. Maybe someone out there with a Cruisebook from the "Bonnie Dick" will provide even more or better yet, go take a bunch of photos of the Yorktown in Charlestown or the Intrepid in New York for him to use.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    If it is not a problem, a driveable version would be really cool but with a real interior to the island equal to the quality of the rest of the model. I can furnish a lot of pictures from the America for you to use if you can't find enough detail online. Maybe someone out there with a Cruisebook from the "Bonnie Dick" will provide even more or better yet, go take a bunch of photos of the Yorktown in Charlestown or the Intrepid in New York for him to use.
    yes, the interior of the model will be made, I would appreciate it if you can send me the photos by pm or my mail, now i testing the catapult animations

cat 2

cat 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails l2.jpg   l1.jpg   l3.jpg   l4.jpg  

Too Big

After checking, the Kittyhawk class aircraft carrier bridge is way too large. I wrote to a friend for photos but will write again since he hasn't answered me for photos of the Essex Class bridge. I remember when I was aboard the USS Yorktown at Charleston SC how much smaller it was than the USS America's bridge. Will keep in touch here with you.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    It appears the tail doesn't fold on the Alpha A-3. Were they ever parked on the flight deck but not taken down to the hangar deck?
    The A-3 would not fit in the Hangar Deck of an ESSEX and MIDWAY Class' without a folded tail; it could fit on the larger Carriers but not jacked up with the tail upright. An A-3 is nominally 22 plus ft high with the tail spread.

A-3s not going below would not be unusual, as I recall. They clobbered other Bay evolutions, so unless absolutely necessary they tended to stay on the "roof".

An ESSX / MIDWAY Class' Hangar Bay was only 17-1/2 ft clearance; larger Carriers were 25 ft until the NIMITZ Class, which is 26-1/2 ft. In addition Carriers typically carried/carry various items in overhead storage racks, especially drop tanks which made spotting a Whale on the Hangar Deck with an upright tail pretty dicey if even attempted. Also towing one across the typical expansion joints (2) with an upright tail would be very "if-ey" because it would bounce and pitch as the landing gear responded.

Hangar Deck height has a critical impact on a Carrier's stability. On US Carriers the Hangar Deck is the main, or primary strength deck and heavily armored. The Flight Deck is lightly armored and is actually considered a "platform" from the structural point of view. It lends little to the structural rigidity of the main hull. This promotes a lower cg but provides more "freeboard, which helps prevent the Flight Deck going awash in heavy seas.

Animations

i still testing the animations

working on the night textures

night textures, first check

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg   a2.jpg   a3.jpg  

Fsx test

Testing in FSX animation and elevator hard deck

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1fsx.jpg   2fsx.jpg   4fsx.jpg  

This is looking great, CIMOGT!
    Were you ever able to get the flight deck (LA - landing area) lights and fresnel lens (meatball) adjusted to fit the smaller deck of the 27C's? That was a discussion when you had released your modified Oriskany. Just curious.
    Really nice work.

Deke (Navy81)

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    This is looking great, CIMOGT!
    Were you ever able to get the flight deck (LA - landing area) lights and fresnel lens (meatball) adjusted to fit the smaller deck of the 27C's? That was a discussion when you had released your modified Oriskany. Just curious.
    Really nice work.

Deke (Navy81)
    Hi Deke:
    using the tools of the sim is a little bit complicated you have to move the positions that define the runway but due to the small size of the aircraft carrier some lights always appear outside the Ship at the end off the runway , but I prefer to leave it like that,
    it's better to have the system with that little error

Air Wing

In this model I am working the air wing separately, it will not be included in the same 3d model of the aircraft carrier, it will be an independent model, so the size of the carrier's mdl will not increase too much, is not complete yet , pending all squadrons repaint

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wing3.jpg   wing2.jpg   wing1.jpg  

Helo

I noticed that your airwing which is Crusaders and Skyhawks etc has an SH3 Seaking. It should have a UH2 Seasprite. Here is a link to the Airwings on the BHR assigned by WestPac. From 1964 - 1971 until decommissioned there were no Seakings in her Airwings though they did fly back and forth from Danang I remember on the USS America. Page down the list of carriers on the list and click on the Bon Homme Richard. A lot of interesting airwings back to Korea.

http://www.wings-aviation.ch/22-USNa...er-Basis-e.htm

Uss lexington cv-16

Today i check the textures of the ship and test the repaint for the Lexington

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lex.jpg   lex2.jpg  

The pilot house on an Essex is nearly the size and arrangement of that of a Fletcher Class destroyer, pretty small for a fair sized ship because of the narrowness of the island. . I see that you did get the "Conflagration Station" in the hangar deck! There was also as I recall a large fire door that could divide the hangar deck in two.

Great ship!

Members who have read this thread: 1