A Stearman Haven - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Stearman Haven

Wonderful artistry, Ed!
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I think he means there's a bgl for the aircraft which we can either use or not, rather than that we can add our own selection.
    Correct. Currently, the vehicles are all on one bgl, the static airplanes in another. So if you want different airplanes as static you simply delete the bgl in the scenery folder and then populate the field with your preferences. Same with the vehicles. If you don't like those then you can remove them all in one click of the mouse and put in ones you feel work for you (if you have the ability to place objects in scenery).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed: That is beautiful work. I'm as excited about getting it as I am the new GAS Stearman. Now if some enterprising modeler with much more skill than I could populate the scenery with some nice AI flights going on training flights, touch and goes etc. I'll be in Stearman Heaven.

The package has been uploaded to the SOH Downloads area.

Current System Specs:

Really nice job Ed. Appreciate the scenery. And nice job on the open hangar!!!

BIG Thank You Ed! Its a very good place for vintages!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    The package has been uploaded to the SOH Downloads area.
    Looks Great Ed

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    BIG Thank You Ed! Its a very good place for vintages!
    Wonderful shots! Especially enjoyed the main sepia toned shot. . .nicely done. I did notice that you have not applied the replacement texture for the tower. Your prerogative of course, but it's there if you decide to make it sharper in resolution.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Wonderful shots! Especially enjoyed the main sepia toned shot. . .nicely done. I did notice that you have not applied the replacement texture for the tower. Your prerogative of course, but it's there if you decide to make it sharper in resolution.
    Right, not yet, Ill do it.

Edit. Done:

Last edited by YoYo; August 26th, 2018 at 05:52.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo are you running P3DV4? Your apron texture looks totally different from mine in FSX.

Hi Ed. Very nice scenery!

But might we be missing a fence texture?...

Cheers, A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_02.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    YoYo are you running P3DV4? Your apron texture looks totally different from mine in FSX.
    Looks like YoYo is using REX textures. As, according to Ed, the apron is made with ADE, it will show whichever texture the user has installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Looks like YoYo is using REX textures. As, according to Ed, the apron is made with ADE, it will show whichever texture the user has installed.
    Ah I got you.

Now for another question - I do not see the C-47 or the dark fence or the tractor above. Any ideas?

Hi Lonewolfee1 - the tractor above is actually my 'aircraft' - not part of the scenery so not something you're missing. The dark (black, infact) fence is modelled as part of the scenery so it has to be in your install - it may just not be black as you may somehow have the texture I seem to be missing. YoYo also seems to have a black fence. And a missing DC-3 as do you and I, so not sure what's happening there!

Cheers, A.

In reference to the C-47 and the railing. . .I do not seem to be able to put a scenery together for upload without forgetting at least one or two files. Try as I may, that ability seems to elude me, lol'

So, below is a link for a zipfile that contains the bgl and texture for the C-47 and the correct textures for the railing. My apologies!

Current System Specs:

Yep, I have REX Texture Direct.

I just love having all the files!!! HaHa. Thanks Ed.

YoYo I have REX also. Just didn't think about it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Hi Lonewolfee1 - the tractor above is actually my 'aircraft' - not part of the scenery so not something you're missing. The dark (black, infact) fence is modelled as part of the scenery so it has to be in your install - it may just not be black as you may somehow have the texture I seem to be missing. YoYo also seems to have a black fence. And a missing DC-3 as do you and I, so not sure what's happening there!

Cheers, A.
    Well it's a fine tractor!

I do not seem to be able to put a scenery together for upload without forgetting at least one or two files.
    That's not as bad as sending a screenshot and forgetting to enclose the screenshot, which I have done more than once.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thanks Ed!

All is good. Very good...

Cheers, A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails austin at kcrs.jpg  

Some Scenery Questions

Hi Ed,

I just downloaded this wonderful KCRS scenery pack and installed as per enclosed readme file.

I am running FSX with Orbx Global, Vector, Open LC NA and REX Essentials for textures and weather.

In both Orbx Central, and FSX Scenery Library, my third party addon scenery is shown to be above all Orbx entries - KCRS is actually now at the top of the entire Scenery Library.

Two questions (also see pics below) :
    1) I seem to be missing a 'tower' by the end hangars - just see a person waving in mid-air and not standing on anything ?
    2) I have a concrete runway where pictures here show a grass runway ?

Do you have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank-you,
    MZ..
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Maybe do you have ORBX free airports? Find it (if it exists, in ORBX Folder) and delate ORBX Corsicana or take insertion point below Ed’s work.
    It looks like you have here 2 airports in the same time. You can use Vector fix (AEC) also.
    Last edited by YoYo; April 4th, 2020 at 22:58.

Hi @YoYo,

No, I have no Orbx free airports.

When I enter KCRS in Free Flight section of FSX, I do get a similar runway and a couple default autogen buildings showing for this airport. A typical version of FSX /Orbx default scenery, in other words.

I am running latest version of Orbx Central with insertion point for Orbx scenery 'below' the Addon Scenery section ........ Corsicana is at the 'top' of the scenery library list right now.

I suspect REX Essentials HD w/OD, which I'm using for airport ground/runway textures may have something to do with the concrete runway showing. Even my airport parking areas (apron) are different concrete textures from what Ed is showing, and look like the ones you have also with your REX addon running (post #35).

None of this answers the other question of the 'missing tower' at the end of the airport where I just see a floating guy ? I can live with the concrete runway (although would prefer the grass strip), but the missing tower scenery object with the floating guy is somewhat distracting to this otherwise beautiful scenery. It must be a missing scenery object of some sort ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Sorry I'm late!! The Tower you're missing is actually in one of the FSX default libraries (Buildings.bgl). I loaded Instant Scenery to check it and you can see the highlited Tower and the object listing in the smaller window. Not certain why it wouldn't be showing since it's a default object.

Tower-apr-5-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 1