A Stearman Haven - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Stearman Haven

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    @MZee, I have ine idea - did you use FTX Vector Correction Elevation Tool? You must use it after every installation of new airport. Did You?
    Hi,
    I noticed KCRS elevation was fine so I did not run the Tool.

Today, I actually checked the Vector AEC Tool and there is no KCRS even listed in either drop down list, not in disabled side, not in enabled side either.
    If the airport ICAO code is not in the Tool ...... I'm thinking it would not change anything anyway, right, or ?

The only file I found for KCRS in my FSX Orbx folder was in FSX/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_APT/scenery called 'ABP_KCRS.bgl '.
    I turned it off by renaming it to 'ABP_KCRS.bgl.off' .
    When tried this change in sim, I got no asphalt runways showing at ground level, just grass as it should be,
    Both asphalt runways gradually started re-appearing bit by bit with increased elevation above the airport ...... eventually both asphalt runways completely re-appeared.
    Reverse happened as I descended.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

So You are closer .
    I checked how it looks in my FTX Vector - false alarm, I havent it too:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Here is Something

Here is a site that is absolutely fantastic for any of you that don't know of it. It is a treasure trove of books including manuals ie. P38 Lightning Pilots Training Manual and class books from trainng fields all over the country. This is where I got all MY info for Hawthrone AAF. Here is a page from the Lazy 8 Class 42-F of Corsicana AAF. I believe that this is a PT-19 that was used to train cadets at Corsicana Field. You can get the entire class book at the AAF site.

and a link to the complete site: http://aafcollection.info/

You can spend hours checking out every entry, worth every minute. I found one to download free at Flyaway Simulation with these textures for FSX, Steam and P3D (according to the site). They are all over at Flightsim.com (if you don't like Flyaway) as well as an X-plane version of the PT-19. I apologize Ed if this was a hijack. I wanted to share this information in case you didn't have the information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000409-01-00 the Lazy 8 Cosicana TX Class 42F26.jpg  
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; April 14th, 2020 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    There is an underlying ADE (AFCAD) file somewhere in the Orbx realm that calls for a solid runway and that has to be removed, not tweaked. I would do a search within the Orbx folder using the name KCRS and delete any and all that it finds.
    A quick update....
    I just got a reply over at Orbx forum.
    They recommend 'Simple Airport Scanner' or 'Little NavMap' to scan my files for a duplicate airport entry somewhere, which is what they highly suspect is the case.

Orbx file structure reads like the Wikipedia .....At first glance, (using File Explorer), I found no duplicate entries for KCRS, although there is a 'default' KCRS airport in FSX into which REX injects their 'updated' runway texture.

The runway textures I get with Ed's KCRS addon are more like a generic version without runway markings etc. .... very unlike the REX version.

I will try the Simple Airport Scanner and see what it finds. I know I never installed any other version of KCRS myself, unless it was part of a larger Orbx scenery addon .... of which I am unaware.
    Not a big deal here, although I would much more prefer the more 'period-correct grass runways' vs the 'asphalt'.
    I'm just very happy to get the 'tower' to show in this wonderful scenery package.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

A Beautiful Job

Ed,
    I want to thank you for sharing this with all of us. I spent the afternoon creating multiple textures for Piglet's FSX conversion Fairchild PT-19 and created an AI Flight Plan for them. I have five "AI" aircraft and a flyable version (though right now with panels they are all flyable). I moved back the clock to this morning at 0800 local at KCRS and took screen shots of the first student/instructor taking off from the field. In the shot just before turning to takeoff you can see the grass and its really a great texture. I had to scale down autogen to get rid of high tension wires which shouldn't be there but MY grass runways are beautiful.
    No asphalt at all but I am not using ORBX (though I own a lot). I am going to reduce the textures on the "AI" because they are hogging my frames at 2048 on my computer though it doesn't stutter.

[IMG]

Preflight Checklist with my instructor

[IMG]

On The Flightline in the morning

[IMG]Army36 taxiing

[IMG]See The Beautiful Grass

[IMG]Thumbs Up From The Tower

BTW Ed, did you notice that Corsicana Field AAF Tail Code is "ED"? LOL!

Members who have read this thread: 1