Small question about the SSW aircrafts activation

Thread: Small question about the SSW aircrafts activation

Icon5 Small question about the SSW aircrafts activation

Hi all,

I have various aircrafts from SSW in my P3Dv4. They were installed and activated properly, and working perfectly.

Recently, I have changed my computer, but didn't reinstall anything: I just transferred my hardrives to the new computer.
    Now, in P3D, the SSW birds are putting the sim on pause every few seconds. If I press P to get out of pause, a green message "key no longer valid" appears on the screen, and the sim switches back to pause after a second or two.

Am I right to think I have to reactivate my SSW birds ?
    If so, do I need to ask SSW for new keys, or can I just reuse the old keys ?

If nobody knows, I'll post on their forums. I just wanted to check here first.

Oookay, I should have checked their website FAQ first, sorry about that
    The precise answer to my question is given in the FAQ. I'll quote it here just in case anybody else would run in the same issue:

PRODUCT INSTALLATION & ACTIVATION
    Sim silently quits to desktop or hangs in pause
    A clear indication that activation key is missing or has been flagged as invalid:

Major hardware and/or software changes can cause the activation key to become invalid.
    In such cases, please send the latest registration file generated to info (at) simskunkworks.com specifying what hardware/software changes you have done so we can provide you with a new key, without this informations we cannot rebuild the key.
    Registration files (those beginning with sswks. and ending with .ssw) are generated each time you load the airplane and can be found on the sim (either FSX or P3D) main folder.
    We will send you a zipped registration key with instructions to activate.

Glad you got it sorted promptly. I've never seen the message you described on my systems. My sims have always closed without explanation or drama when one of my SSW keys was invalid (disconcerting the first few times it happens until you become familiar with the shtick).

The validation is quite fussy.. even adding a drive to my system invalidated all my SSW keys. Fortunately, they've always been fast to get me new keys when needed. I hope if the bad boys ever decide to close up shop, they unlock their aircraft for their customers.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Ah, I also got a sim shutdown at some point, yes. It was when switching to another SSW plane, I think...

Anyways, if I understood correctly, I need to re-trigger the installation program of each plane, so that a new computer key can be generated to be sent to SSW, right ?
    Or should I just send them the old key as a reference ?

Hi Daube,

This is pasted directly from the FAQ on the website, only so the information is relayed precisely:

Sim silently quits to desktop or hangs in pause

A clear indication that activation key is missing or has been flagged as invalid:

1. Major hardware and/or software changes can cause the activation key to become invalid.
    2. In such cases, please send the latest registration file generated to info@simskunkworks.com specifying what hardware/software changes you have done so we can provide you with a new key, without this informations we cannot rebuild the key.
    3. Registration files (those beginning with sswks. and ending with .ssw) are generated each time you load the airplane and can be found on the sim (either FSX or P3D) main folder.
    4. We will send you a zipped registration key with instructions to activate.

Take note that number 2 and 3 describe that the process is not to run the installer, but to find the files (
    those beginning with sswks. and ending with .ssw) in your main sim folder, and send the files to info@simskunkworks.com with a brief description of what changes have been made to your system. They will then create a new key for each aircraft and send it to you for activation. I just noticed on the website that they may be on holidays at the moment, so the response might be delayed.

Cheers,

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thanks Scott, I understand a bit better now.
    Then I don't need to hurry. So far I had only reinstalled the Harrier and the F-104, but I'll also have to reinstall the Tornado to get that generated file as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0