Warbirdsim p-51b/c - flickering altimeter adjustment knob

Thread: Warbirdsim p-51b/c - flickering altimeter adjustment knob

Warbirdsim p-51b/c - flickering altimeter adjustment knob

Jan's great re-paints for this lovely model inspired me to convert most of them to work in FS2004. When flying these great new skins, I was reminded of the small niggle that I have with the cockpit altimeter. There is an adjustment knob at the lower left side of the gauge and while it operates perfectly well, it has a distracting flicker all of the time.

I have swapped the altimeter out for other examples of the same alt by other designers, but the knob and its flicker remains. Is the adjustment knob a separate gauge ?

Anyone else have this small but very irritating flicker? Or just me?

Will also take the time to thank Jan for these superb productions from the Warbirdsim paint set. Thanks Jan, great work which crosses over to FS2004 well. Lovely 'used' effects including dirt on tyres in one skin!

Mal

Icon9

Hi Mal,
    I haven't got this model, but suspect (from your description) it's a problem poly, or overlapping poly, which means it's part of the mdl and not the gauge etc. If it is, there's not a lot you can do about it....

Cheers

Shessi

It could be overlapping polys as described by Shessi. Buy you could also check whether adding mipmaps to the texture of this knob will solve the problem. As it sometimes does.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0