HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

C-47 MVC and C-117 V3 uploaded!

Awaiting clearance ...

FSX/P3D Modern VC (MVC) for Douglas C-47 V3

This package allows simmers to fly any of Manfred Jahn's V3 C-47s from a modern
    VC complete with 3D GPS, radio and AP panels, annunciator screen, interactive
    checklist, and 2D 'Monitor' panel. The package is full-scale standalone (165 MB zipped)
    and includes two exterior models - a Piedmont Airlines C-47 and a ski-equipped US
    Navy R4D-5. Models revised by Manfred Jahn, textures by Gordon (gman) Madison
    and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf Scholten. For further
    credits (FDE, sounds, gauges, etc) refer to Jan Visser's (DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS)
    original C-47 V3 package.

Edit: this one's here already:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=220&id=24438

FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V.3

This standalone package adds new startup procedures, automixture management, interactive
    checklist, VC chatter and the 'Monitor' panel to a re-textured VC. The mods are largely based on
    Jan Visser's (team DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS) C-47 package. Models revised by Manfred Jahn,
    textures by Gordon (gman) Madison and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf
    Scholten. Original historical research by John Detrick, flight dynamics by Alexander M. Metzger,
    gauges, animations, and failure conditions by Hansjoerg Naegele.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=220&id=24439

Awesome stuff Manfred, huge thanks to the entire team!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Just downloaded both.

Wondering what I will be doing in the next few hours???
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Just downloaded them also, but alas will be a couple days before I can experience there wonderfulness.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Already been having a lot of fun with both of them, even though I will still favor the VVC over the MVC.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C117D_MJ_2.jpg   C-47_V3_MJ_0.jpg  
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Is it possible to inaugerate this panel in the C47 aircraft so that we can make an entry of "modern panel "or just" panel" so that we only need one C47 aircraft with all it's repaints.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Is it possible to inaugerate this panel in the C47 aircraft so that we can make an entry of "modern panel "or just" panel" so that we only need one C47 aircraft with all it's repaints.
    It's funny because that's how we started out on this project, working on just one big happy C-47 folder. But then we thought HD space isn't much of an issue these days and two folders do keep things much tidier than one, trial runs, setups without the current C-47 (these, incredibly, do exist) and the option of a clean deinstall included.

That said, you could try merging the new folders and files into your main C-47 folder yourself, but remember to keep track of all variant texture, panel, and model folders as well as texture and aircraft.cfg's. All of which, believe me, is really error prone and the net result, apart from saving a lot of HD space, is identical.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    May I suggest a light gray color for the cockpit. It looks like most of the modern C-47 cockpits are painted that way.
    In the early stages we had three color schemes, one clean light grey, one green, and one dark grey. Eventually the dark grey won out and we discontinued the others. Repainting is always an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Paul, they are fully standalone and can be run side by side with C-117 V2 and C-47 3.1406. The only downside of the new versions is that some of the earlier HJN gauges (mainly Basler fuel system, payload mgr, and battery recharge) have been set inop.
    Thank you, Manfred.

I've just done my first circuit in the new C-117, and it is an absolute delight. The new VC is the final polish on what was already a superb model. If anyone needs a thoroughly enjoyable 'in-service' vintage cargo twin, they need look no further than this aircraft. Thank you very much for all your hard work, and of course, that goes to everyone else involved in it.

So, now to transfer the repaints across from version 2. :-)

I just uploaded a few of my repaints, with the proper aircraft.cfg entries for V3.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

C-117 Sound

Hi all
    I have recently downloaded the new C-117. I have not seen this before but the sound package shows everything to be present but the right engine startup and shutdown sounds do not play. I have re-downloaded the package twice with the same results. The folder shows that all files are present. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion. Other than this sound issue this seems another great airplane. Thanks for creating it.
    Warren

appreciate the modern VC

I have my in-game voice (FSX CD) turned way down, but the voice acting level in this modern VC is still extremely high volume to the point of annoyance. Not sure there is a bulk program that could turn down every vocal bit.

Would at some point like to see a more lightly used firewall texture.

I like the color, it's just right for me but everyone has preferences.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.

It's a very well done modern VC, and something that I appreciate very much.

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi all
    I have recently downloaded the new C-117. I have not seen this before but the sound package shows everything to be present but the right engine startup and shutdown sounds do not play. I have re-downloaded the package twice with the same results. The folder shows that all files are present. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion.
    Nothing missing on my setup. Perhaps try using the C-47 sound folder?

Hi Manfred
    Nothing is missing in my folders either. Each file has data and none of them are empty but still a couple will not play. I did switch to my C-47 sound package and while I'm not sure the crank sequence is exact it works. Another observation is that once I have everything running and then do a shutdown and then a restart everything seems normal. I have seen this in one of my other aircraft as well - perhaps peculiar to my machine. In any case the C-117 flies well. Off to find some repaints.
    Thanks
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Dave22 View Post
    I have my in-game voice (FSX CD) turned way down, but the voice acting level in this modern VC is still extremely high volume to the point of annoyance. Not sure there is a bulk program that could turn down every vocal bit.
    Perhaps a hardware- related issue? First time I've heard this reported. However, you can easily turn down the volume by going to the DGSounds subfolder (in folder panel.modern) and edit file CockpitSounds_C117.ini by adding a numerical value from -1 (loud) to -10000 (inaudible). For instance,

Sound177=\panel.modern\DGSounds\SND_Calls\AD-1.wav -5000

would considerably decrease the volume of this particular callout.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.
    Never noticed that because I use the 'S/Shift-S' keys. However I am pretty sure you can edit the CameraDefinitions in aircraft.cfg in such a manner as to revert to the default behavior of the F9+ keys.

C117, Everything works

Everything works well just in the checklist when doing the test warn light all the lights do not go out anymore, not doing the test without problems.

Outstanding release

Many kudos to Manfred and team. I thought you had hit the epitome of excellence in the 3.15 version, but somehow things just seems to work more completely and smoothly. Flap, gear callouts don't stutter and I like the new MVC. I'm not getting rid of the VVC, by any means, it's a nice touch. I liked the little "Back to Petersboro" ditty by the copilot (now we know why he's a copilot and not a singer ). Only criticism is the lamp test doesn't go out and couldn't get fuel pressure in the green. No biggie, just won't do a lamp test. The "cranky engine start" is neat...I really like that. This plane is very period authentic in gauge and aircraft response behavior. Super job, gentlemen. Thank you for this wonderful gift. Time to get another external drive for all of the repaints. Also, one last shout out to Gman.. Love the Piedmont livery. great job... Thank you..Terry

F11 not accessing chase view

Never noticed that because I use the 'S/Shift-S' keys. However I am pretty sure you can edit the CameraDefinitions in aircraft.cfg in such a manner as to revert to the default behavior of the F9+ keys.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I see nothing about camera definitions that would remedy the issue, or don't have enough knowledge about it which may be more likely. No idea about the following: gauge00=C47!Keys

Sorry guys, just a quick post that I will be incommunicado for about one week.

Dave: just google "fsx cameradefinitions tutorial" and you'll find a solution I am sure. Gauge00/Keys better leave well alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave22 View Post
    Hello,

I think that if you look for

HotKeySelect=1

in the aircraft.cfg file and change it/them to

//HotKeySelect=1

your problem will go away
    Regards,
    Nick

tips

Really dig the modern VC, thanks for the tips. Would not mind seeing a few more worn spots on the firewall, nevertheless it's very well made

Cheers

I was trying this out and was really happy with it. The only thing I would wish to add would be a NAV/GPS button in the VC.
    Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I was trying this out and was really happy with it. The only thing I would wish to add would be a NAV/GPS button in the VC.
    For the NAV/GPS link switch click the CDI button on the Garmin.

A very nice addition for my C-117. Still prefer the gorgeous VVC for my C-47 aircraft, however. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

A couple very minor things I noticed wrt the MVC in my C-117 :
    1) Windshield wiper animation only visible in VC view, not in external views - ie. spot view etc.
    2) Can the GPS be made to show as 2D pop-up either by right clicking mouse on top part of it while in VC view, or by using one of the function keys ? (Sometimes it's hard to see GPS info screens without zooming in on the dashboard.)

Thank-you, once again for another beautiful model.

MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    For the NAV/GPS link switch click the CDI button on the Garmin.
    Blimey! It works, that button had been right under my nose all this time. Thanks for the info!
    Joe Cusick

Members who have read this thread: 3